1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

UTAH VF5FS

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by THE_WALL, Jun 13, 2012.

1. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

If you Just picked up VF5FS and wondered if there is anyone in the state that plays let me assure you there is.

I've been around the VF games for about 7 years love them to death. There are others in the state that also enjoy them.

I'm hoping some of the former players come back into the fold, cause not only would I like some online matches, but I would also love to get in some offline matches.

We need to rep from all areas Logan, Ogden, Salt Lake City,
    and Provo.

There is a tournament being held this Saturday in Salt Lake City. The tournament is located at 258 W. 3300 S. (its a coffee shop). I will be bringing a set up for it and putting 20$ into the pot. There are more details over at the srk site utah thread.

If your hyped in getting some casuals and tournies going, then introduce yourself, and hit me up so we can get the ball rolling!

2. CommandThrower

CommandThrower New Member

Greetings, Utah folks. Those of you who post on SRK may know me as "The Ultimate".

Anyway, now that Final Showdown is out, I would like to start taking VF more seriously than I did before. WALL has been the VF torchbearer here in Utah, and he's got passion for the game. Hopefully now that we have a console VF that's not constantly receiving arcade-only updates, we might be able to get more players to want to play it on a serious level.

Time will tell.

3. pointers

pointers Member

i might be able to go to this one, what time is it taking place at?

4. THE_WALL

Signups and casuals start at 2 p.m. The Tournament will begin at 4 p.m. So you could probably come a little early.

5. THE_WALL

Tournament results:

1 THE_WALL (Wolf)
    2 CommandThrower (Taka-Arashi)
    3 Jay Rich (Jacky)
    4 HimFan (El-Blaze & Wolf)
    5 Shar (Lei-Fei)
    6 Gork (Jacky)
    7 Andy (Jacky)

The coffee house that did it plans to do another one next month I will let everyone know details when they post up about it.

6. THE_WALL

Polling interest for casuals this week let me know which day would be best out of Thursday Friday or Saturday. After we pick a day I'll choose a time probablly something like 5 to 8.

If this week is a bad week let me know and we will do it the thursday before the tournament next week.

The tournament for next week is Saturday at the coffee place more det when I find them out.

7. MechaShiva

MechaShiva Well-Known Member

Well, since it is already late on Thursday, tomorrow night would be better than Saturday.

8. THE_WALL

Friday it is just got to let the people know now. #s' might be a little low but thats ok I'll see what I can do.

9. MechaShiva

Fun games last night. I'm still laughing about your Shun's costume

10. THE_WALL

This Saturday there is the event that goes on at the coffee house. I think this time there will be a set up just for casual play, unless there is enough interest going for a tourney.

Next week thursday 5 to 8 will be casuals.

I will also try to get more of my characters decked out in some crazy gear.

11. MechaShiva

During the week I'd love to get some Room matches going. The Wall and I have been playing a bunch online, and it would be fun to get some others going as well. If you see me online just sent me a msg or an invite. Good games tonight Wall, fun as always.

12. THE_WALL

Changed the date of casuals to be this saturday from 5 to 8. I think we should be able to get a good turnout for this. Lets help put vf on the map for Utah.

13. Neobeast

Neobeast Well-Known Member

ORE SANJOU!

I lack the transportation at the moment to do anything outside Cache Valley, but I'm keeping my Goh as sharp as ever, and hope to get involved with the community again sooner than later.

14. CommandThrower

CommandThrower New Member

Aaay, folks. So, I've been recording my online VF exploits, some of which include actual matches held at casuals. I post what I consider to be the best matches on my Youtube page.

If you want, you folks can check them out at: CommandThrower

I hope to record and post more matches in the future...though, the quality may dip down since I'm currently borrowing a camera for my vids.

15. THE_WALL

I watched the vids they were awesome. I need to up my game and do the more powerfull combos, box stepping, frame data, etc.,CommandThrower you have deffinately upped your game since the first tourney. One technique I advise u to learn is side turn low punch then throw it seems to be my downfall while playing against taka.

I played Craigbots Pai now wait a sec is he from ut srk. If he is hes' good and we need to draft him over to vfdc.

16. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Had to change my profile up with the new format. going to start holding casuals again Just trying to figure out the ideal week when people are off. When I hold them they will be on saturdays bi weekly more details in a bit.

17. kudos

kudos New Member

whoawhoawhoa is this for real? i thought only sf and tekken was played around here. when/where do you guys get together? would love to have some offline meetup, i'm dying here D: i refuse to play online because of input lag.

will bring at least 2 with me. orem/provo area.

18. wall

wall Well-Known Member

Yeah its for real would like to get things started up again. You do have 1 other person out there that I gamed with just haven't heard from him in a while.
    I kind of put it on the back burner for a while cause of work, olympics, all the other 3d and 2d fighters that came out after the games release, and probably just a little burnt out from hosting. I think the time is right to get things going again. I live up in the ogden area washington terrace to be exact Let me know what time is best and I will see If I can get some of our crew out here to make it worth your trip. The work shedules of the people out here are a little all over the place but im sure I could get a few. Wondering if you are part of any other fighting game websites the name sounds familiar for some odd reason. What system do you play the game on. Any ways always good to know there are more vf players in the state and hopefully we can get the ball rolling again.

19. kudos

kudos New Member

Ogden huh. and nah, I always lurk. Only use the PS3 here. Will have to talk to the others but generally every other Fri or Sat should be good. Also, no need to rush this, all of us are rusty and have been busy with doa /shot

20. wall

wall Well-Known Member

I'm shooting for next saturday the 3rd of november from 5 to 9. Let me know if this works out for casuals.