1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Utilize your fighting arena

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by marcel, Jan 2, 2002.

1. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Many say that stradegy is key. Over time as you play VF4 you get a feel for it. Some charge attacks (hold P or K down longer than a tap) lead your opponent closer to a wall, breakable or not it hurts more when you hit the wall or after it breaks, you may fall out of the ring ("Ring Out"). I often see people have an opponent in either mid air close to a wall or cornered against one. It often doesn't click in peoples head to utilize the arena. It's not cheap to slam someone into a wall, it is overdoing it if that's all you do though. If you are playing as kage for an example, you can footlaunch a opponent ( I don't know if it matters how big the opponent is ex: if a fighter like pai goes higher in the air than Jeffery) you can knee them and do a 3 hit punch string ( p, p, p fast) then kick you will have your opponent against the wall (if you started the combo in the center of the ring) So smack them against it a few times to score extra damage. Another is Sarah's high launch kick and then her kickflip rotation and slam! into the wall (if you started the combo closer to a wall) Wall juggles seem to work best for me on the unbreakable wall levels. Only use this stradegy, well it's not a stradegy but a suddgestion, Game on and remember, the walls are there or not there for a reason. Good luck!

2. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... last time I checked EVERYONE says that strategy is key. Sarah can connect a punch string after almost any float, you only need MC for heavyweights or for small floaters like KP. And yes, Kage's TFT is filled with RO and wall combo goodness. :)

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

ya,

I think it is a very simple idea but EVERYTIME I play kage, I always dodge at the earliest opportunity so that we play along the diagonal of the square.

4. Rheo

Rheo New Member

I'm not sure of the moves (someone could post it?)
    but i've seen a good kage player for vf4 doing the ten foot toss
    and pushing the opponent for about 3/4 of the arena floor.
    So it's quite hard not to get kicked out.

5. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

You can try <a target="_blank" href=http://www.virtuaproject.com/virtuacode?pageID=movelist&xsl=virtuadot-combo&xml=vf4-combo-kage>virtuaproject Kage combos</a> for a nearly exhaustive TFT combo list.