1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vane's hair and boot colors

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by Zero-chan, Apr 3, 2002.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Last night, I was doing Kumite... I fought a mirror match against a Vane with gold-colored hair instead of the the typical white/silver style. I beat her and I expected to win it off her but I didn't. (ToT)

I always suspected that she has multiple hair colors (seeing as how there's a parameter for "hair" in color edit), but this is the first I've actually seen it. Hair color for her doesn't seem to be winnable as a standard item (I haven't seen it in any lists), so does anyone know how you get her different hair colors?

I'm curious about the colors of her boots, too - so far I only have black and red, and I'm sure there's more. (She looks really nice in a red top, shorts, and boots BTW.)

2. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Hey Zero-chan... you did actually win the gold hair off the Vanessa. Except that the hair color is NOT under the ITEM screen (head menu), where you would expect... click "right" on your joystick to go to the COLOR screen, and you will see it listed under the "hair" menu (last menu on that screen). If you won it off a 2P Vanessa, you will only see gold hair listed on your 2P costume (and vice versa).

I don't know of any other hair colors aside from white & gold though!

As for your comments about her boots... that reminds me that there's definitely something wrong with her item listing. Notice that her "arm" is always empty on her 1P outfit, you can never win items for that... so why is it selectable? Same with "neck" on her 2P outfit. There are tons and tons of items for her 1P "head", but her hair color is not changeable there, but instead on the COLOR screen (not ITEM screen). Seems like somebody didn't really think things through!

3. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I just checked, I don't have the gold hair. (;_;) I won it off a 2P Vane, but it's not under her hair color menu... I didn't see an item icon when I finished the match either. *sniff*

You CAN win items for her arm though - I have a butterfly tattoo for her she's currently equipped with. Dunno about the 2P player neck though.

4. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

Sorry I mistyped... I meant WEAPON for 1P and NECK for 2P. For those two slots you can't win anything at all! This is a bigtime oversight.

Oh, Zero-chan here's a suggestion for getting your gold hair. Select 1P, and go to the COORDINATE screen, and scroll down to Coordinate 9. If you won gold hair you should have gold hair in this color scheme. There are probably other coordinates that have gold hair as well but I didn't bother going through them all. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Try checking under COLOR > HAIR for both 1P and 2P to see if it's there as well.

5. Nemesis02

Nemesis02 Well-Known Member

Hmmm....is that so? damn, thats weird. I was wondering why 2p Vanessa has two weapons and 1p Vanessa didn't have any. That's stupid, but eh oh well. What rank is the gold haired Vanessa?

6. Typhoon

Typhoon Well-Known Member

Gold hair is (for me) available only on 2P outfit and was gained at 7th Dan (maybe 6th... sorry... was in a win streak as I was ranking).

7. ThaWanderer

ThaWanderer Member

hey I just got the gold hair the other day off of a mirror match. It was wierd though because I can select and deselect the gold hair for my 2p vane, but I have the gold hair for 1p vane when I use the last coordinate on my color list, but when I go to coose my hair color it only lists it as unknown color, anybody know what's up with that?

8. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

The gold hair is only available to comstume number 2 and I think you win by and I think you win it by advancing past 10th Dan or something near there. That is when I discovered it in my items. But It didn't say that I got it when I went to customize(or whatever it's called).

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, i didnt have the gold hair either, and im a DragonLord. But then i checked out the coordinates, As 1P costume, and, as a poster above has just mentioned it is in coordinate 9. After loading up coordinate 9, go to the color menu and change the clothes colors back to what you like, but dont touch the hair color. It will be listed as unknown in the 1p outfit, but only after the coordinate 9 thing.

Then i checked my 2p look after screwing around with the 1p, and lo and behold, the Gold color was selectable there, but it wasnt before.

Hope that helps a bit.

10. Moby

Moby Well-Known Member

As ETP explained, gold hair is not directly selectable for 1P Vanessa. Seems you can only get it by advancing far enough in ranking, to choose it as Coordinate 9. Once you do, you can go back to the COLOR > Hair menu and see it listed as Unknown.

There is one advantage to doing this. Since you already have gold hair, you can go back to ITEM > Head menu, and select a different hairstyle (ponytail, short hair), with the gold color. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif OR, you can have the default hairstyle with gold color, but with sunglasses or any of the other head accessories. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. Reijim

Reijim Member

i'm playing the japanese version
    and gold colour hair is clearly selectable for my 1p costume
    it says "gold" underneath default

and how come the only colour i got for her boots other than default is red?? just one colour?

also...i've won around 600 matches... lost abt 30 ...
    now i'm the so called "subjugator" in english

but i've never ever played a conqueror vanessa with a rifle
    and i have been using the 1p costume alot

and the 2nd sphere item i got is just the crappy blue crystal earrings... what a waste... u can't even hardly see it

i heard ppl say that u get to play alot of mirror matches once u start reaching the higher dans

but all i get if i'm very lucky is say maybe one mirror match in abt 30-40 matches...

same applies to the other characters...

oh and for those that don't have the 100 win item yet... just keep playing the cpu and rise rank... a few of the higher rank cpu characters will probably have them...

btw did anybody also realise that vanessa can't display her tattoos (other than the rose tattoo) when she has got the army beret on?

12. 1018311

1018311 Active Member

im pretty sure you get it if u beat another van with gold color thats how i got it but it seems u didnt so i dont understand. but its true u have to do it with each costume. im trying to fight a 10dan scrappy 1p costume cause she has gold and i dont.