1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa and Muai Thai

Discussion in 'General' started by agios_katastrof, Jun 6, 2002.

1. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

Well, we've all heard how VF4 is pretty close to actual martial arts forms and whatnot, and as a possible testament to such, that dumb arse Van Damm film, 'Kickboxer' was on TV last night, so I saw bits of it. What I noticed was, just how many of Vanessa's moves were done by the Muai Thai guy (no, not by the lame-o Van Damm). I mean yeah, the knees and side kicks in her MT stance were to be expected, but I also noticed stuff from the DS, like Vanessa's backhand, the reversals, and the high sabaki kick, and the sabaki elbow! Well, the sabaki elbow was a ground attack in the film, but anyway, kinda cool.