1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa Beatdown Combos (OS)

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Painty_J, Jul 15, 2004.

1. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

Okay, so I'm workin on Vanessa combos. Her beatdown combos are pretty much anything you can end in OS with [3][P]+[K],[K]

All of these combos will guarantee a light down attack at the least if your opponent doesnt' exact recover, and a heavy pounce if they don't rise to either side very quickly. Now for the combos:

[6][6][K] (MC), delay, [6][P]+[K], [3][P]+[K],[K] - 58 damage without down attacks. +10 points for light down attack, +25 for pounce.

[P]+[K], [P] (MC), [6][P]+[K], [3][P]+[K],[K] - 75 damage. This combo only works if your opponent DOES struggle a little bit, and it very difficult to struggle out of. +10/+25 for light down/pounce.

[6][P]+[K], [3][P]+[K],[K] - 48 damage on normal hit, 58 on MC. This is probably the best all-around elbow-combo she has, because it has the beatdown at the end, and it's a fast 14-frame elbow. It's a high attack so it's vulnerable to lows. The usual pounce/light attack applies here.

Combo (1) is useful to beat lowpunchers when you have 4-frame advantage. You can get +4 by hitting with [4][6][P], an MC [6][P], or anything on the movelist here.
    Combo 2 is a delay combo, and is best used with some conditioning. If the first [P]+[K] hits on either regular or major counter, you can either continue with the [P] to get some easy damage, or you can stop here and get frame advantage. Another reason to stop after the [P]+[K] is to try and condition your opponent into attacking you after guarding the first hit. Once you condition them to counterattack, let fly with the second hit, get an MC, and beat the hell out of them.
    Combo (3) is just a good quick damaging high-elbow combo. It's not stance or hit-specific, so it's a nice move to have in your repertoire. This combo is also the basis for the other 2 combos so learn it well.

I hope this information helps someone. Have a nice day /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

To quickly add, delay [6][P]+[K] is excellent for beating unsuccessful dodges from the opponent.

3. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the combos =)

4. pkg_inc

pkg_inc Well-Known Member

I saw in a Japaneese book the following combo:
    OS [6][P]+[K] ~ [2][P] ~ [3][K][K]
    ...but I can't get it working. There was a some explanation to it, but as I'm not from Japan...

OS [6][P]+[K] ~ [2][P] ~ [3][P]+[K][K] does four more points than #3 btw.

5. KTallguy

[ QUOTE ]

OS [6][P]+[K] ~ [2][P] ~ [3][P]+[K][K] does four more points than #3 btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does that combo depend on how heavy the character is ?

6. Painty_J

[ QUOTE ]
    KTallguy said:
    Does that combo depend on how heavy the character is ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't been able to get it working, but after talkin to PKG a bit, I think I know how to do it now. If I get it to work, I'll test it out on akira, wolf, and pai, just to get a good spread of weights. I'll check stances too, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't make a difference for this.

7. KTallguy

thanks =)

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Not sure about weight classes, but the [2][P] - [3][P]+[K][K] only connects in closed stance. The open stance variant is [2][P] - [3][K][K].

9. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[6]+[P]+[K], [2]+[P], [3]+[P]+[K][K] - 54 damage, open stance. Works up through Lau, and Akira can just-tech before [3]+[P]+[K].

You have to dash in before [2]+[P]. Not a 1-frame delay dash either, you should dash as far as possible, especially against heavier characters.

[6]+[P]+[K], [2]+[P], [3]+[K][K] - 52 damage, closed stance. Works exactly the same as the other one, and Akira cannot just-tech if you time it accurately. He usually can though.

10. KTallguy

I was practicing these in Training... having trouble with the dash. Should I buffer it while I'm doing the [6][P]+[K]?

11. pkg_inc

pkg_inc Well-Known Member

if you just wait for half a second, it'll work too, no dash needed. Hit the opponents legs while they are falling to the ground with low punch. It's easier.

12. KTallguy

oh, thanks! That's what I do for her other combos =P that's easier than extra inputs, at least for me...

13. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

The combo will only work on Akira, Sarah, Jacky, and Shun if you don't dash in. Also, if you hit with [6]+[P]+[K] from a distance, it won't work on anyone without the dash.

14. neo_knight

neo_knight Member

i am sorry for being noobish and resurrecting an old thread but i need to know something as i just love dis game. Does the [2][P] variation of combo 3 in open or closed stance coz DJ and Mike contradict themselves dere.

Also is dere a practicality in using combo 2 ..coz with the head crumble effect wont [6][P],[P],[K] do the most damage although u mite not get the down attack. Is it even possible to get an MC with the second attack if the first one hits......help please

15. Painty_J

[ QUOTE ]
    i am sorry for being noobish and resurrecting an old thread but i need to know something as i just love dis game. Does the [2][P] variation of combo 3 in open or closed stance coz DJ and Mike contradict themselves dere.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's written "there". :schoolteacher:

Anyways, it does work, but it's picky. If you hit with [6][P]+[K] from long range, you must dash in before you do [2][P]. Depending on stance, it's still not guaranteed on all characters. If you connect with [6][P]+[K] at close range, you don't have to do the dash in, but you do have to delay the [2][P]. Hope this helps

[ QUOTE ]
    Combo 2 is a delay combo, and is best used with some conditioning. If the first + hits on either regular or major counter, you can either continue with the to get some easy damage, or you can stop here and get frame advantage. Another reason to stop after the + is to try and condition your opponent into attacking you after guarding the first hit. Once you condition them to counterattack, let fly with the second hit, get an MC, and beat the hell out of them

[/ QUOTE ]

That pretty much sums up how to use combo 2. If the first hit connects, you can't get a counter hit on the second one. You can try to get your opponent to counterattack you though, and delay the [P] to catch them with a counter.

Also, thanks for bumping this thread. I remembered writing it a while ago, but I stopped playing for a while and forgot alot of what's here.

16. neo_knight

neo_knight Member

/versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif thx so much...i didnt expect a reply.
    I'll try it for every character and see what works best.

But u misunderstand me about combo 2...i just wanted to kno if in an MC situation (or any cr.h) fellow Vane players would go for this beatdown combo or the standard [6][P],[P],[K] for the most dmage.

Speaking on dis same thread subject..using da beat down [6][K]+[G] wot can i do for max.dmg. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif i tend to [3][K],[K] as i cant do the same combo finishers as listed in this thread due to lack of "bounce". if its just my lack of reflexes plz tell me so i can train harder.

Also i dont want to sound greedy but can i have advice for the above situation in DS.

THANK YOU !!!! Oh sorry for being a noob again...

17. Painty_J

The reasoning for going for the beatdown combo, [3][P]+[K] [P], is because they are now beat down onto the ground in a way that's hard to tech-recover. This can generally guarantee a pounce if they can't mash fast enough, which adds 25 damage to the combo. You can always opt for a light down attack, which they can't mash out of, which is an additional 10 damage. Ending with [6][P][K][K] gives them the opportunity to quick rise.

For the [6][K]+[G] move in defensive stance, you can get a guaranteed pounce attack if it hits. This is your most damaging followup; the move is unable to start a damaging combo.

18. neo_knight

neo_knight Member

PJ U DA MAN CHEERS!!!! but u sed in combo 2 the player has to struggle out a lil bit...how can dey struggle out of a cr.h/HKD effect. Therefore, wont the next move after the MC make the player float den as wot happened when i tried it which as such makes [3][P]+[K] unlikely to connect. Please bear with me.

19. Painty_J

It's been a while since I used the combo, but I'm pretty sure that they have to struggle some because the counter hit P causes stumble, which looks alot like a stagger, except the opponent is knocked backwards and touches the ground briefly, instead of just staggering back a bit. Anyways, if you set the AI to slow stagger recovery, this combo wont work. If you leave the setting at normal, it will work, and at fast, they'll be ready to guard before you can land the [6][P]+[K].

To change stagger recovery speed, go to CPU Settings -> Details.

20. neo_knight

neo_knight Member

OK I understand...ur advice has helped increase my OS Vanessa game so thx a lot.