1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa combo thread

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by MakiLeSushi, Mar 28, 2013.

1. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Wait, i thought BT [P][+][K] caused a head crumple on any hit - has this changed for VF5FS?

2. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    It s head crumple on any hit...

3. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    @erdraug @MakiLeSushi
    Sorry guys, I had my CPU set wrong or something.
    yes, BT[P][+][K] crumples on ANY hit.
    My combo still is legit though!

BT[P][+][K], [4][P][+][K], [P]([G]), [6][P][K][K] 71dmg (opponent HD/side)
    BT[P][+][K], [2][P][+][K], [4][P][+][K], [K][K] 70dmg (opponent HU/side)
    BT[P][+][K], [2][P][+][K], [6][P][K][K] 68dmg (opponent HU/FT)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
    erdraug likes this.
  4. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    I think there's a typo in the section for (OS) Landing Knee Kick (Float)
    OS [6][6][K]CH, [4][P][+][K][+][G]

What is OS [4][P][+][K][+][G] ??

----
    OS [6][6][K]CH, [2][K][P][K] 55dmg
    Works on JE, both stances

OS [6][6][K]CH, [P], [3_][K][K] 59dmg
    vs JE, Closed stance only

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  5. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    @Kikimaru OS [4][P][+][K][+][G] is not a typo - it's a modified input for OS jab. I will however add a note in the combo list to avoid future confusion.

For reference, if you input OS [6][6][K] CH [P] without delaying between the two hits you will get the Landing Knee Combo followup, which will cause you to slam the opponent to the ground and mess up your combo. But if you delay too much some of the combos listed don't work.

Obviously you can clear the buffer by pressing [G] between the [K] and the [P], but why bother? If you input OS [6][6][K] CH [4][P][+][K][+][G] the modified input clears the buffer for you, Vanessa will perform Landing Knee Kick > Jab as intended and then you can continue with the combo of your choice, no extra button presses needed!

The [4][P][+][K][+][G] input trick also used in some DS stomach crumple combos.

Apart from that, thank you for pointing out OS 66K CH > 2KPK vs Jeffry. I admit i did not test that combo starter extensively vs heavyweights: since 66KK does consistently more damage i kinda glossed over it, sorry. I added your combo (along with jab > 3KK) to the combo list, thanks again!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Kikimaru likes this.
  6. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    As soon as i get back my game capture i ll show u my 2 new combo vs taka with 6_k first one is 87 dmg and second one is 94 dmg. Enough with this combo of 80 dmg funishing with kpp :) finally...

erdraug likes this.
  7. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

Nice. I'm going to try figuring them out on my own for fun!

Also, I couldn't get CH OS [6_][K] -> [1][K][+][G] -> [9][K] -> [3][3][3][P][+][K][+][G] -> [6][6][K][P] against Akira, so I replaced the low punch notation with [6][6][2][P] and I can get it. It did 90 points of damage. If I miss the timing, how hard is it for the opponent to recover?

8. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    He can easily recover i guess so if u re not sure use the one with 6p+k+g which need a perfect tech to be avoided and it s only 2 dmg pts less

Libertine likes this.
  9. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Edited for 662P input (although if i wrote 333PKG it probably worked for me when i was testing it).

I am glad someone is going through 6_K combos again - there's a bunch!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  10. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ok i changed my mind about the video. I discovered a lot of combos vs which it will becomes the new max dmg combos. And it s not only with death scythe. I guess i ll do a van combo evo special taka. Btw for now i got 6 combo with 6_k over 80. I can t wait to do it...

11. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    The Goal was to beat the max damage combos vs Taka... I hope u ll enjoy guies =) the introducing is for fun but the vid is serious...

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    MarlyJay likes this.
  12. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Hi guies, i found a new method for the boomerang hook combo, no need delay anymore =) enjoy

Kikimaru, erdraug and MarlyJay like this.
  13. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Break through the limits little extension for 6P+K's combo =) enjoy

erdraug likes this.
  14. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    In vf5fs u got always different combos by weigths and i was wondering if there were a combo for superlightweigths with side crumple 66k+g. Finally found something new for this, tested on all cast it s white combo for Blaze Eileen and aoi, perfect fall recovery for lightweigths midweigths:

ST[6][6][K][+][G] > [1][K][+][G] > [6][6][6] (depending how fast u input) > [9][K] > [3][3][P][+][K][+][G] > [3][K][K]
    Dmg: (nh) 94 (ch) 106
    Timing strict but largely doable with some practice...

Some other stuffs i found:
    • VS Eileen Blaze Aoi
    DS [4][P][+][K] > [K] > [P] > [6][P][K][K]
    78dmg
    VS Eileen and Blaze delay the first [K] of [6][P][K][K] or buff [3][3] after the launcher to remove the delay

• VS Vanessa, Paï, Sarah, Lion

DS [4][P][+][K] > [4][P][+][K] > [P] > [6][P][K][K]
    77dmg

• VS Brad /\ (i don t finish tests yet)

DS [1][P][+][K] > [2][P] > [4][P][+][K] > [3][P] > [1][K]
    65Dmg

• Correction on combo list about OS [6][P][+][K] VS Goh /\, Pai // and Jean /\

OS [6][P][+][K] > [3][3](buff) > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [K][P][K] vs Goh
    OS [6][P][+][K] > [3][3](buff) > [P] > [2][P][+][K] > [6][6](microdash) > [P] > [P][+][K][K]Vs Pai
    OS [6][P][+][K] > [3][3](buff) > [P] > [3][K][P][K] Vs Jean

• Vs Aoi //, Eileen //, Blaze //

OS [6][P][+][K] > [P] > [9][K] > [2][P] > [6][6][P]
    Dmg77 leads to meaty [1][K][+][G]

That s it for now =)

erdraug likes this.
  15. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    New wall combo verified vs eileen and aoi for now, it will be updated...
    There is 2 methods to succeed this combo, choose the one you feel more confortable

DS wall stagger for exemple with [4][P] > [3][P][+][K] > [4][P][+][K] > [2][P][+][K] >
    [4][P] > 1fk [P] (acebreaker's method input [3][3][6_][P]) > [6][K][+][G] > [6][P][3][K]
    121Dmg

My method consist to remove the delay by replacing with another delay, input this way:
    DS wall stagger for exemple with [4][P] > [3][P][+][K] > [4][P][+][K] > [2][P][+][K] >
    [4][4][P] > [P] > [6][K][+][G] > [6][P][3][K]
    this way u win 5 dmg pts comparing to the basic combo

16. erdraug

XBL:
    erdraug
    Added, amazing find.

Added.

Added Jean and Goh, can't find where to add Pai. OK, Maki explained to me in the chat that, with this input, both stance-specific combos start with 6P+K > 33 jab. That way you have more time to stance check the combo ender! VERY good find.

Added BUT are you sure it's OPEN stance? That seems very weird considering most DS 1P+K > 4P+K combos only work from closed stance.

Added BUT does that mean that DS [4][P][+][K] CH > [4][P][+][K] > [P] > [6][P][K][K] does NOT work vs Eileen, Blaze & Aoi? Seems weird.

Also, this renders an old combo you found (jab > 6K+G > etc) obsolete :) I'm dumping it here for posterity:

DS [4][P][+][K] CH -> [P] -> [6][K][+][G] -> [P] -> [6][P][3][K] 78 DMG Eileen & Blaze CLOSED STANCE ONLY (your new combo works from both stances)

All in all, thank you, your continued combo exploration is very inspiring!

Last edited: May 6, 2015
  17. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    ok 3 videos are in progress, this is the first one

the second will be the combos i listed on previous comments and a sober combo... I ll also make a ost round sober combo vid but i m too lazy for now...

18. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I think that DS [2][K][P] is one of the best move vs aoi YY so i ll make some test for this move mainly vs aoi. I discovered this:
    // [2][K][P]>[4][P][+][K]>[3][3][P][+][K][+][G]>[6][P][3][K] i think it was 77dmg i ll edit my post when i ll be sure
    /\ [2][K][P]>[4][P][+][K]>[3][3][P][+][K][+][G]>[6][P][K][K] i think it was 83 dmg, i ll check it too

19. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I discovered a new combo for 6 p+k. I tested it mainly on char which i use [6][P][+][K]>[P]>[6][P][P][K] which is 58dmg... and since chars like lau kage etc a foot stance is required for combo with [2][P][+][K] i tried to find one more than 58 dmg for both stances.
    This is the combo: [6][P][+][K]>[K][P]>[2][P]>[6][6][P] 63 dmg works on both stances vs ka, go, la, jn, le, br, pa. For some of those chars the combo [P]>[3][K][P][K] works also and it s the same dmg so choose which u prefer :)
    Ps the k at the end of the post is just a mistake and i can t remove it lol

[K]

20. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

I was messing around in the dojo and I casually found this combo vs Wolf:

[4][1][2][3][6][P] (max charge) > [2][P] > [2][P][+][K] > [P][+][K][K]

Works on both stances and does 82 dmg (1pt more than the one listed that work vs Wolf).