1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa FAQ/Dojo Question!?!

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by replicant, Mar 16, 2002.

1. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

Just a note to say hello to all. I have been a lurker here for a long time, but finally made an account. Enough of the intro, now to the nitty gritty.

I have heard several people say they are going to do a Vanessa FAQ and mention of a Vanessa Dojo. Since she is my favorite character now (Beating out Lion and Wolf was quite a feat^_^) I would like to do this or at least assist in the matter. I mainly play Tekken (TTT/T4), but I have been a devout VF player since VF1. Unfortunately, there is no VF competition in my area (Lack of machines) and there is alot of Tekken machines.

I have done several FAQS before and would love to delve deep into the usage of Vanessa at mid-high level play. I think that since VF4 is coming stateside in a couple days I can line up some competition among many of the Tekken devotees I know through PS2 comps and would love to make an example of most of them with Vanessa.

Well, if anyone would like my assistance let me know. Also, if nobody is going to tackle her I would love to do the FAQ or create the Dojo for her current and future fans.

Thanks to all who reply.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hi replicant, welcome aboard.

I'm planning to put together a Vanessa Dojo soon with the help of alantan, Moby and spotlite. You're more than welcome to write your own FAQ or guide on Vanessa though, and/or provide input on the Dojo once it gets going. I'll PM you to keep you in the loop if you like.

3. replicant

replicant Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan to me. If you are doing the Dojo, then a FAQ would be a bit redundant on my part. I will gladly help out with any of my observations. Right now I am trying to work on her Low Throw game and Stagger/Crumple compliments to it.

4. Bronze Parrot

Bronze Parrot Well-Known Member

Re: Vanessa FAQ/Dojo

Welcome to VFDC.

If you really want to write a Vanessa FAQ, go ahead and write one. FYI, I wrote a VF4 Pai FAQ, but the feedback I got has been underwhelming, which doesn't bother me, because I don't really play VF4 anyway. (-_-;)