1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa in general

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akiralove, Sep 24, 2001.

1. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Re: Where are the Frame Rates?

<font color=red>Try the home page. There is more to this site than this forum board. If your original post wasn't answered, you should have at least looked at the home page for the character movelists.</font color=red>

<font color=yellow>Please make an effort to search for some things on your own. It's not hard. The VFDC home page has a lot of info about this game, and it's fairly straightforward.</font color=yellow>

<font color=white>Again, try the home page, or at least the search function. The home page is the first page you see when you log on to VFDC, or at least it should be.</font color=white>

<font color=green>I hope that helped</font color=green>/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Re: Where are the Frame Rates?

<font color=yellow>I did, ghostdog. Mike and Jeffrey are still working on getting that information on the Version C Movelists for Vanessa and Wolf. It's supposed to be up soon. The Frame Rate information is not listed on Version B. I was also a dunce for not checking my mail earlier. Peace...</font color=yellow>
    /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Version C Movelist is UP!

<font color=yellow>Get down, </font color=yellow><font color=red>Mike</font color=red><font color=yellow> and </font color=yellow><font color=red>Jeffrey</font color=red><font color=yellow>! <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/commands/index.php?chara=vanessa&ver=c>Vanessa's Version C Movelist</a> is up and running. Thanks, guys! You are da MEN and BOMB!</font color=yellow>

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: Version C Movelist is UP!

One man!
    Myke's solo effort......
    let's not get too overly excited.

5. SirLagalott

SirLagalott Member

OT Vane...

Hey all, getting used to vanessa... Myke I heard you were writing a Vane guide ??? /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Anyway, since I have no good friends to beat on in VF4 (ps2) I was forced to go into free training mode to get some action, and I picked my Kumite Vane against normal Vane... anyway to the point--

I kept getting wooped on by quick mid punches that weren't with the elbow (they were backhand type things, would they still be considered elbow's?), and I couldn't find out what they were, because I saw so many open shots but I couldn't take them because I didn't know how...

Also, I need to know the most useful canned combos, because I some how started playing with Akira and got SPoD down but then realized he sucked so went back to Vane, but am used to super combos ( and I already know military combination, it rox, if you can connect the first hit EVERY hit connects, I think it is impossible to stop /versus/images/icons/wink.gif [it is a throw lol]).

Also, who has better defense? Akira or Vane? Akira has all those parrys and stuff, but Vane only has high/mid p/k reversals and auto high/mid p... ?

6. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

Hey ive been playing vanessa for about 3 days now (before i was jacky) and i found a great little way to totally destroy all computers and even some people. If you use vanessas Back charge kick B,B,K+G even if they guard it you can still pull of a low throw like rib crusher body D,P+K+G or rib crusher knee D/F,P+K+G and follow up with soccer ball kick D/F,K. If you land the first hit and fallow with rib crusher knee and a soccer ball kick you can take away half there life. pretty sweet.........

7. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

<font color=orange>Back Charge Kick
    B,B,K+G
    Damage: 24 at partial charge, 45 at MAX charge
    Execution: 47 frames at partial charge, 71 frames at MAX charge
    Level: Mid contact
    Reversable: Mid-Kick
    Notes: Two or three step straightline drop into a charge that ends in a mid-level kick. Stomach Crumble.

Rib Crush Knee
    dfP+K+G
    Damage: 55
    Execution: 13 frames
    Level: High throw
    Reversable: -
    Notes: From the Defensive Stance only, opponent must be crouching.</font color=orange>

<font color=blue>"If you use vanessas Back charge kick B,B,K+G even if they guard it you can still pull of a low throw like rib crusher body D,P+K+G or rib crusher knee D/F,P+K+G and follow up with soccer ball kick D/F,K. If you land the first hit and fallow with rib crusher knee and a soccer ball kick you can take away half there life. pretty sweet........."</font color=blue>

<font color=yellow>I remember falling in love with this as an opening. It works well when you have room and a slow witted opponent. But when fighting everyone and Dan level or higher in Kumite and even seasoned human opponents, that Back Charge Kick is going to get reversed when they are set in Read and React mode. I've had several Wolfs feed me my underwear a countless number of times in Free mode before I finally got wise. Reason: the execution is SLOW. At 47 frames at partial charge and 71 frames at MAX charge, these moves take Vanessa the longest time to execute out of her entire arsenal. Even Jeffrys can close the gap with simple punches and kicks that advance them forward and past Vanessa's comfort zone quickly.

The Rib Crush Knee is much more sexy, eh? Especially against those crouching Lions and Shun Dis... 13 frame execution makes it comparable to most punches. A quick dash would enhance that but a better tactic would be to defend and allow your opponent to close the ranks then execute the dfP+K+G. This is a much better opening to the Back Charge Kick. Throw in a dfK or uP at the start of the animation and that's up to 80 points in pure havoc served up nicely...</font color=yellow>
    /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

8. satur9

satur9 New Member

I love Vaney! To play against the computers I found a really easy way to beat them IF you can just guard your distance with them. K+G is really good followed by f+p, k, k (in DS). Only because the computer doesn't duck (sshhhh, not good for challengers to know) and they do not struggle when the wiggly stick pops up. This move can be done in both MTS and DS. Yes, you guessed right. MTS u can do more after that. The only thing you have to consider is how to get the distance up again if you are fighting desperately for the round. in DS, the f+p, k, k is really good when you're not around the wall area because the computer would normally do a quick rise or roll. HeHe, not to mention it's a really good way to ring computers out. *grins evilly*

Anyhow, I've found that against most computers (just don't do it too repetitively) a good start up for Vaney is to dodge to the side with the kick [d,d+p+k+g] and then they would normally try to rush in to attack you and this is when you do the sidestep body blow [G, u/d+p] and then you of course the Crumble grab [d+p+k+g or d/f+p+k+g] with the extra little bit of damage of soccer ball kick. With Lion or Lei Fei though, just slam them. This results in a 55% or 60% damage in the first 5 seconds (well maybe more, I don't usually look up that way seeing the arcade machine I play on has 60 seconds in each round, and there are 3 rounds) Aahh the luxury of mucking around.

Another 2 things that I found out today:
    1. This is also pretty good for a surprise combo challenging other people. Normally after being dodge attacked [d,d+p+k+g or u,u+p+k+g] they would try to do something. (This combo hurts ^_^ )
    2. In Version C, Vaney's [b,b+k+g] ends up with the enemy crumbling down, which allows you to further Crumble Grab them. A strategy I've been using with this [b,b+k+g] is to link it to the "sucker!!" combo (dodge attack, sidestep bodyblow, crumble grab) and when they're about to get up, low kicking or high kicking, this would trick your opponent (I haven't tried this against the computer yet, but it worked pretty well against other people if you don't do it too often) <lovely isn't it how she surprises you almost all the time, preliminary with everybody thinking of her as crap>.

Before finishing this, I'd like to say that I really love her Elbow move [f+p+k] in MTS. When it hits, you can always do another one followed by a soccerball kick. The beauty of this is that when it hits Shun, he loses his DP's so quickly, they will start wondering how his DP's down to zero again (or less than 8) *chuckles* damn old man...

9. cooks94

cooks94 Well-Known Member

[But when fighting everyone and Dan level or higher in Kumite and even seasoned human opponents, that Back Charge Kick is going to get reversed when they are set in Read and React mode.]

I dont get reversed when i use it. You can use it as an opener and all they will do is gaurd right when you start it. After you do the soccerball kick if you start the back charge kick you can get away from peope who like to do rising attacks and the comps will just start guarding when they get back up. Its great if you losing in kumite on a promotion match.

10. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Vanessa admirers unite!

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Before finishing this, I'd like to say that I really love her Elbow move [f+p+k] in MTS. When
    it hits, you can always do another one followed by a soccerball kick.

<hr></blockquote>
    Actually, you can do a lot more than that. One of my fave combos is f+P+K,f+P+K,d+K,P,K. Depending on your oppenant's weight and location, most or all of these attacks will hit. (usually the P part of d+K,P,K misses)
    What I'm looking for at the moment are some good float ideas off DF b,f+P+K and DF db+K+G. Suggestions, anyone?

BTW, anyone got the gold hair yet?

11. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

b,f+P+K and db+K+G Combos

I dont get reversed when i use it. You can use it as an opener and all they will do is gaurd right when you start it.

<hr></blockquote>
    <font color=yellow>Good for you! When I throw it out there, it gets blocked and reversed. I wish I had your instincts and your opponents in Kumite...</font color=yellow>

BTW, anyone got the gold hair yet?

<hr></blockquote>
    <font color=yellow>It's only usable in the P2 costume, though...</font color=yellow>
    /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

What I'm looking for at the moment are some good float ideas off DF b,f+P+K and DF db+K+G. Suggestions, anyone?

<hr></blockquote>
    <font color=yellow>You'll have to explain the DF to me (unless you mean DS for Defensive Stance or Style)... Here are some known combos for b,f+P+K and db+K+G:</font color=yellow>

<font color=orange> Lightning Smash (b,f+P+K) Combos
    b,f+P+K -> P,P,P,K
    b,f+P+K -> P,P,K

Leg Bomber (db+K+G) Combos
    db+K+G -> P,P,P,K
    db+K+G -> f+P+K -> d+K -> d+K,P,K
    db+K+G -> f+P+K -> wall -> f+P+K -> f+P+K</font color=orange>

<font color=yellow>Courtesy of Rich Williams aka scumchop a la Defensive Stance (DS), of course... I haven't been able to pull off all of them yet but I'm lacking in time and skill. I'm quite certain that there are more. Let the experiments continue...</font color=yellow>
    /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

12. satur9

satur9 New Member

Re: Vanessa admirers unite!

need a PS2!

13. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: Vanessa FAQ's

two new ones posted at gamefaqs

14. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Because sayow told me to...

Here's something in Vanessa's game I've been playing with lately:

G, d+P-> f+K: works in both open and closed stance; 50 damage pts

This option is interesting because it leaves the opponent in a face down, head towards downed position. That means if the opponent techrolls, hitting him/her with a mid kick or other mid attack will lead to a back stagger. I've been experimenting with this, and so far I've come up with db+K+G and f, f+K as decent followups, at about 53-58 damage pts. Add that to the amount of damage you get from G, d+P-> f+K combo, and that's over 100 pts.

I still have to play with some of Vanessa's Muay Thai followups, so I'll post something when I find it.

Anyway, it's something I've been working on lately, because the back stagger condition is almost guaranteed damage. Any feedback from anyone (esp. you Vanessa players) would be greatly appreciated.

15. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Because it's good stuff, ghostdog!

<font color=yellow>Good post, ghostdog! But ya held back some of the good stuff you posted on the other post. You should put it down here like you did over there, too. You found it first so you should get credit for it, right? You go, dude!
    /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

He has the combo thing going yo! ghostdog was workin' it even beyond the u+P and df+K. Anyone can tack that on to a move and call it a 'combo' (which it is not).

I run a similar Counter game using the Vanessa's Guard series (i.e. G,u+P ; G,d+P, etc.) and found it really successful against punch and kick abusing players who use Lau, Jacky and Sarah. But it can be used whenever you feel comfortable with the knowledge of other players/characters that abuse certain attacks. I even run this game out of a crouch against players/characters who abuse high and low attacks and rarely go up the middle. It's fun when you get it going. And that MC damage + a potential combo is very tasty! Of course, you don't want to overuse it...</font color=yellow>

16. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Vanessa's Sabaki

<font color=yellow>Sabaki

The term sabaki refers to a unique type of attack in Virtua Fighter 4 that can automatically parry or deflect your opponent's attacks. On the surface, sabaki attacks look like any other, but when performed at the correct time against a certain attack, the sabaki will cleanly win in the exchange. You will know when the sabaki was successful by seeing your opponent's attack being knocked away with an accompanying sound effect, commonly described as a DJ scratching sound.
    [Ref.: <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&file=vf4_sabaki_chart.html> The VF4 Sabaki Chart</a>]
    ---

Vanessa has three sabaki moves:</font color=yellow>

<font color=orange>b,f+K (DS)</font color=orange>
    <font color=yellow>Sabaki class: HP, HE, HK, MP, ME
    Sabaki timing: Early to Mid</font color=yellow>

<font color=orange>db+P (DS)</font color=orange>
    <font color=yellow>Sabaki class: LP, LK, SW

<font color=orange>d+P (MTS)</font color=orange>
    <font color=yellow>Sabaki class: LP, LK, SW

<font color=yellow>As you can see, Vanessa has sabiki response to all standard attacks from their respective body positions except </font color=yellow><font color=orange>MK (Mid-Kick)</font color=orange><font color=yellow>. I try to time the Defensive Stance (DS) sabaki when I'm sure that my opponent is abusing the high and mid-attacks. The timing is a bit tricky when going for the db+P and d+P sabaki attacks but, when you pull them out, the Major Counter (MC) and Stomach Crumble will reward anything else you may want to tag on, i.e. d+P, d+K, df+K, u+P, etc. You can even get some bounce combos in!

This is an advanced move that makes standard blocking less attractive and adds more realism in the fight, cinematically speaking. Instead of the standard block then kick, now the response can be the sabaki move (in DS: b,f+K) which is a block and kick at the same time. And so on... The animation will confirm it. And you will find that rush you're looking for in playing the game much quicker...

Now get out there and... Work it, baby!</font color=yellow>

<font color=blue>"Better tools often lead to better works of art."</font color=blue>

17. Bronzefist

Bronzefist Member

Re: Vanessa's Sabaki

Sayow:

Her sabaki elbows (1+P in either stance) dont cause anything special on major counter. They do force your opponent to crouch for a split second /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Also, you cant get any bouce combos from them either.

Still good moves though /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Peace,
    Bronze

18. Mizkreant

Mizkreant Well-Known Member

Just some odds and ends here. In DS b+k on MC will stagger, allowing for a f,f+k to combo. However the opponent can escape by struggling.

Her b+p in DS is very strange. Supposedly it gives a 20 frame advantage on MC. I tried b,f+PK afterwards which executes in 14 frames but it doesn't combo. Strangely d/b+K+G which takes 28 frames to come out does combo. The d+k in the d+k,p,p string hits but since that string is only a combo if the d+k MCs it doesn't combo in this case.

19. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Re: Vanessa's Sabaki

<font color=white>Doh! <font color=white><font color=yellow>Sorry, Bronzefist. Good catch! I got so excited about ghostdog's post I put info regarding her Guard/Intercept series in that sabaki post...

Please disregard the line this part regarding sabaki: </font color=yellow><font color=orange>"the Major Counter (MC) and Stomach Crumble will reward anything else you may want to tag on, i.e. d+P, d+K, df+K, u+P, etc. You can even get some bounce combos in!"</font color=orange><font color=yellow> and apply it to Vanessa's Guard/Intercept series (i.e. G,u+P ; G,d+P ; etc.). That's where this line belongs. </font color=yellow>

20. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: b,f+P+K and db+K+G Combos

Good luck in Kumite. Other openers ( round) that may be helpful if used sparingly are df+P followed by a CD backwards and a charged move and f,F->P+G or df,df+P+G. They works great if you think your opponent is going to hesitate a moment before they attack ( while holding block. At the arcade it helps to have someone with you with Sarah class cleavage to distract your opponent./versus/images/icons/wink.gif