1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa in general

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by akiralove, Sep 24, 2001.

1. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Vanessa's Guard/Intercept Series As An Opener

<font color=white>At the arcade it helps to have someone with you with Sarah class cleavage to distract your opponent<font color=white>

<font color=yellow>Sage advice indeed, nycat! Gotta try it...
    /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

ghostdog's findings in Vanessa's Guard/Intercept series (i.e. G,u+P ; G,d+P ; etc.) is an interesting turtle's approach to openers especially if you know that your opponent is likely to blitz with a series of punches and kicks. When applied successfully, Vanessa's Guard/Intercept series will reap <font color=orange>Major Counters (MC) and Stomach Crumbles and will reward anything else you may want to tag on, i.e. d+P, d+K, df+K, u+P, etc. You can even get some bounce combos in!</font color=orange><font color=yellow> [I finally got that in the right place...] It can yield from 40-60 damage points prior to Ground Attacks (u+P, df+K). And it can be run all over again.

The Flipside: This tactic is best run by more experienced players who are familiar other character's pokes and strings. A constant vigil needs to be kept for throws that lurk nearby... This is one big reason why I run this scheme out of a crouch: to avoid the high throw. Still, Vanessa is going to be vulnerable to low throws and veterans will see that. Jeffry's come out at an 8 frame/60-80 damage rate... ouch... VF nutjobs will also detect that you're running this scheme if you go to your Guard too soon. In tandem, if you've been selling your opponent on your prowess in administering her Guard/Intercept package, you can actually run a Bait and Switch mini-game by going to the Guard early and busting out with a throw of your own as your opponent approaches. It will definitely keep them guessing and keep the advantage out of their hands.</font color=yellow>

2. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

Vanessa’s Guard/Intercept Combos Part 2

<font color=yellow>I’ve been working out some combos for the Guard/Intercept series. My test subjects were Kage, Pai and Jeffry. The data is still pretty unrefined and I can’t say that everything will work on Heavyweights just yet. </font color=yellow><font color=white>Ghost</font color=white><font color=yellow>DOG is still teaching me about closed and open stances/positioning. I’m not up to speed on it yet… so much to learn, so little time… So I’ll probably need some help to fill in the blanks to regarding open/closed stances on these. Here’s some of the combos I have so far:

<font color=orange>Gd+P/Gu+P Combos (DS)

f+P = 42 damage

d+P = 37 damage (38 damage on MC?)
    d+P -> d+P = 42 damage (44 damage on MC)
    d+P -> d+K = 45 damage
    d+P -> d+K -> d+K = 51 damage

df+P = 43 damage
    df+PP = 48 damage
    df+PPK = 54 damage
    df+PP -> d+K = 52 damage
    (hope the notation is correct)

d+K = 43 damage
    d+K -> d+K = 51 damage
    d+K -> d+K -> d+K = 57 damage

d+K -> K = 53 damage

df+K = 48 damage
    df+K -> d+K = 56 damage
    df+K -> d+K -> d+K = 62 damage

d,K = 36 damage (40 damage on MC)
    d,KK = 55 damage
    d,K -> d+K = 48 damage (54 damage on MC)
    d,K -> d+K -> d+K = 52 damage (62 damage on MC)

d+K+G =42 (49 damage on MC)

Gd+P/Gu+P Combos (MTS)

d+K = 46 damage
    d+K -> d+K = 56 damage

f,f+K = 40 damage

d+K+G =42 (49 damage on MC)</font color=orange>

<font color=yellow>I’m sure there are more. Add in the Ground game (u+P or df+K) for 25 and 13 additional damage points respectively and you have the makings of a nice little piece of havoc and mayhem. There are wall combos using Vanessa’s Guard/Intercept series, too. Still working on that as well…
    /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Hope it this helps.</font color=yellow>