1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa Oki games plz

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by agios_katastrof, Jun 10, 2002.

1. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

I've been doing relatively ok against my fellow "competitive newbie" (using the poll terminology) crowd with Vanessa's oki game, and would like to progress further in this area. Here's what I know so far, which I don't know would work against somewhat more experienced people.

b,b+k+g
    - Uhm, yeah, that AI-cheeze move, but I find that it's useful against people, too. Play charge/delay, cancel+grab, etc. mind games.

k+g
    - I've done some ura stuff with it. A bit like Lei's f,f+k+g. It's really slow to start up, however. Once in a blue moon kind of a thing.

sabaki elbow
    - Defeats any low rising attack that I've tried it against. Hehehe.

mid reversal
    - Defeats mid rising kicks in the two reversible rising kick positions (face up, feet away; face down, feet towards). The following always leaves the opponent in one of the two above reversible mid rising kick positions:
    - 270 throw #1
    - 270 throw #2
    - d/f,d/f+p+g throw
    - standard p+g throw (DS)
    - standard p+g throw (MT)
    - high punch reversal
    - the auto wrist grab, then throw, where she takes you down to the ground
    - There may be more, but the above are what I've noticed.

Anyway, so I mix up the above, and it's been working well. Can anybody add/correct/suggest to the above? Also, what do you guys use to tag QR/TRers? I've been trying k+g with some success, but not sure if that's the way to go.

Thx.

2. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Careful on that K+G thing. I can get ugly. Most likely, it'll be ducked & you'll get thrown. If your'e really good at getting out of throws, then more power to you, but if you're playing someone with a variety of throws, might want to rethink.

3. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

sabaki elbow a_k wrote:sabaki elbow
    - Defeats any low rising attack that I've tried it against. Hehehe.
    I tried to PM this one .. . What is the command of this move? Is it db+P in Defensive Stance?
    thx
    really good post <font color="red"> a_k.</font color> /versus/images/icons/grin.gif /versus/images/icons/smirk.gif /versus/images/icons/crazy.gif <font color="black">

4. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

[DS] d/b+p
    [MT] d+p
    is vanessa's sabaki elbow.

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Try [1][K]+[G] to hop over low rising kicks, but beware as it is extremely linear.

I also like to use DS [6][6][K] against TRs and also to crash rising kicks.

Nice post, BTW.