1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa (OS) rising K

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by alantan, Jan 20, 2003.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I was just reading from the 1/60 wensite about Vanessa's moves. It seems that her OS rising K looks very powerful in Ver B. They changed the recovery from mid P counterable (-12) to uncounterable (-6). Wow... Isn't is very good? Does anyone know if this move is being abused in Ver B? It is a knee, with +24 on MC... and 16 execution, -6 recovery... too bad it is not circular.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

+24 on MC? Does it cause the same odd crumple as goh's knee does?

3. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Yes its exaclty like that. You can low throw or do [3][K],[K]. Wow -6 /versus/images/icons/shocked.gif seems like itll be very nice in ver B.

4. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

is there a better followup? I think for goh's knee, he can get a stomach crumble after the knee (MC) using one of his punch moves.... can Vanessa get that too? How about f+k+G (flop)? Somehow, the d/f+k,k looks pretty mild.

5. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

I dont think Vanessa can get a stomach crumple after the rising knee since her crumple moves from OS usually require second move of a combo to MC. Maybe [6]+[K]+[G] will hit. Its exactly 24 frames(according to 1/60) so you wont be able to dash in. Im not sure if this will reach. You might also try [3]+[P]+[K],[K], stomp. Im not sure of the range or frames in EVO but its 19 frames in ver c. Thats all I can think of from OS.