1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa: Rising attack Parry/Counter?

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Painty_J, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

I was just sittin in the training mode, and doing the challenge where you have to use a rising attack to hit your opponent when they knock you down. I was screwing around and trying to get myself BT before Jacky's attack hit, just so I could use all of her wakeup attacks. When he hit me while I was facing backwards, and I bounced off the wall, I found something interesting:

Vanessa, from Face-down head-towards, rising [K]-- At the end of the animation, she does a weird motion that looks like her reversal. Does anyone here know if that motion is indeed a reversal, and do you know what it might reverse? I don't have another player to help me check it out, and I really REALLY dont know how to work the playback mode, so I'd appreciate it if someone else can comment on what's goin on.

To recap, basically when you do her rising mid-kick in this position, it looks like she does a reversal before recovering from the attack. Does anyone else see this, and is it really a reversal?

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

it's not a reversal.