1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa's Mount Attacks

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Vale Tudo Dave, Jan 2, 2002.

1. Vale Tudo Dave

Vale Tudo Dave New Member

SURELY there must be more than just a single punch...an Armbar or Americana perhaps?

Can you do anything out of the Guillotine Choke?

The only 'Multipart' I've come up with is:

ff K+G,f P+G, P
    (Low Round Kick, Sweep to Mount, Punch from Mount)

Does anyone have the insane moves and juggles I'm looking for?

2. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

No. If you go and read the movelist you'll see that's it. No Romero Special, no multiple punches, nada.

And you know what? Thank god that's it. If you want to play with huge multis, go play Tekken.

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but I got to disagree more....Aoi has multiparts...the SPOD is a multi-part..why not give her 3 punches and a arm bar, or a arm bar into a triangle..or something like that...this is classic sega fucking up on making a character that could be great but just not following through.

4. Llanfair

What? A character that *could* be great?! What's wrong with Vanessa as she is? The hit throw that Vale referred to was f,f+K+G,f+P+G. I don't why he stuck a punch in there. In total damage it does 64 points of damage. Pretty good, imo.

And I think Sega's followed through plenty; two unique stances with many individual moves, lots of throws, a scratch-your-ass-simple inashi which can go three ways to her advantage, a stupid fast punch out of MT, reversals....holy shit, can we be *more* critical.

Vanessa doesn't need an armbar after three punches - who is she? Jin's lost sister? wtf. And, for the record, I never said that VF does not have multis - no shit Aoi has them. I said "huge multis" - a la King, or Nina. Notice the reference to the Romero Special. I will disagree and say that the SPoD is NOT a multi-throw. It's a freakin' hit throw. It cannot be escaped if the stun palm hits. Multi-throws can be escaped.

And lastly, what is the point of complaining and dreaming about moves that the characters *could* have? Just play the damn game and stop whining like a bunch of sorry ass babies.

Really, this is just another useless post that's almost as interesting and relevant as "Where is my cat?"

5. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Where is my cat, anyway? =P

I'm with Llany on this though, Vanessa's got plenty of good moves already. You can maintain initiative with her far more easily than with some other characters.

6. Vale Tudo Dave

Uh...

You can add the (P)Mountpunch after the(f P+G) Sweep

Try it and see.

As a Vale Tudo fighter, Vanessa should have access to at least a few trademark BJJ/grappling moves and combinations. You can struggle free from the mount punch, so why not have an Armbar too?

7. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

hey Chris,

I lost really badly last Sat vs the Akira player and Shun di. I dun think I won a single match vs Shun (out of like 10) and lost like 5-1 vs Akira. Sucks... maybe that was an off day.

But Vanessa HAS SERIOUS problems vs crouchers and dodgers. I mean Akira just need a dodge or a missed move to get his shoulder ram.... and then it is the p, shrm, dblpm....

8. baobab

baobab Well-Known Member

XBL:
    surgical donuts
    Yeah, and as an Aiki-Jutsu fighter, Aoi SHOULD be able to counter anything...two-hands, head, ass, whatever. She can't....it's a game, get over it and just play already.

the other nelson in NYC

9. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Ouch. I guess you kept trying the f+P+K and f+PPK and P+KPK and got hit by Shun's and Akira's dodge --> attacks... but yeah, Akira in general is pretty deadly with judicious dodging and that shoulder ram combo. And the QCB+P. Is double palm f+P+K counterable? Just curious...

Then again, might be an off day, and the more you play, the more you get frustrated and the more predictable you get. (It happens to me once in awhile too, I end up doing the same flowchart over and over and get killed in the process). *shrug*

10. Shadowdean

Hrmm...just for the record...she is a vale-tudo fighter....You would THINK that a arb/bone break move would be included with her - the arm bar being the most used/caught in one in full contact fighting, triangle hold, guillotine, double arm lock....I mean, why not...make her FIGHT the way her style is supposed to be...

11. Kingman3

Kingman3 Member

I agree with Shadowdean and VT Dave here; while Vanessa already has a great deal of stuff, more punching and grappling options from the mount position would've been a really nice touch. And no, I don't think he was referring to multis, anyway. If you've played UFC or seen MMA/NHB competition, you'd have a clearer idea of what he's talking about.

12. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

well at least Vanessa is considered a damn good character, or you can look at her moves and compare it with the Craig Marduk character from Tekken 4. I can list his moves in say 20 lines lol.

And since Kage is a ninja shouldn't he be killing people...ninjas don't join fighting tournaments if I recall. They are more assasins.

13. Llanfair

You know, there's a huge list of shit that we could ramble off as being "things that could have been a nice touch". My point is that this forum rarely has any decent gameplay content and that threads, like this one, contribute to the mass of crap that gets posted here. Complaining about what a character *should* have had in their movelist is pointless. The title of the thread is "Vanessa's Mount Attacks" - not "Vanessa Movelist Wishing-well" not "Vanessa should have MORE moves" not "Sega bites, they should've consulted the VT masters of the States before making her a character". There's nothing, zip, nada, zilch of decent content in this thread. This is, I repeat, my point.

Should VT Dave decided to write a thread about Vanessa's hit throws, etc - how to use them, strategies for them, damage, timing, etc. Then perhaps it might have been a good thread.

14. Vale Tudo Dave

All I was asking was if Vanessa had any more moves from the mount or guillotine choke.

I train in BJJ and Muay Thai, so to me the logical progression would be an Armbar or Americana from the mount. As it is I think "is that it!?" when she gives them a smack and hops off. Even Aoi has a Kneebar multi-part for Christ's sake!

Llanfair, if you don't like it...tough shit.

15. Kingman3

Kingman3 Member

Wonder if there's a way to get this moved to the General forum to keep people out of our asses.

16. Llanfair

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

All I was asking was if Vanessa had any more moves from the mount or guillotine choke.

<hr></blockquote>

And you're going to get the age old reply: Do some research and read the movelists.

17. Iron Lung

Iron Lung New Member

I'm with ya on this one.
    The single punch and dismount mid fight is about as wildly unlikely an action any VT expert would ever perform.
    Her Muy Thai stance feels too shallow as well.
    A short knee bash chain is missing...though half the problem there is that Jacky and Sarah have a few crucial MT already.
    *snort*
    No chance characters could ever have techniques in common yeah?
    And why the hell can't she mount a fallen foe and inflict some misery?
    JKD is my former drug of choice, and elbow strikes are always a fave.

18. Shadowdean

Well, my main complaint was the ground game...I don't know enough about her otherwise to say if she even does have elbow attacks, but I would think from the mua-thi stances she would...