1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessas old costume...

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by FilthyHands, Aug 23, 2003.

1. FilthyHands

FilthyHands Active Member

Is there any way to get that non-cop style costume from VF4 in VF4:Evo(the one with the shorts and the small tanktop)?

2. Hey - I thought that was wierd that her original costume isn't on Evo! That pisses me off because I really don't like the other costume. I don't understand why the hell they did that.

I was thinking maybe you could win it, but I don't know... And I've seen screen shots with her wearing it. I would like to know if you can get it too.

Someone help us!

3. Raptor1017

Raptor1017 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure those screenshots of her old outfit are from the JAP version of Evo. it was taken out of the American version, not the JAP version, so there's no way to win it. sorry

4. FilthyHands

are you sure?I think I fought a vanessa in the early stages of the game wearing it,but it could be my imagination...

5. Byne_Rhode

Byne_Rhode Active Member

I've seen screens of Vanessa in her old costume and the character names were in English, I didn't think you could change the text on the JAP version, I'm probably wrong though.

6. Shapermc

Shapermc Member

[ QUOTE ]
    TMNT_BynE said:

I've seen screens of Vanessa in her old costume and the character names were in English, I didn't think you could change the text on the JAP version, I'm probably wrong though.

[/ QUOTE ]
    I have one word that will probably explain this - BETA

7. DuralOsmose

DuralOsmose Member

Re: Vanessas old costume...My Theory

I loved the old Vanessa 2! Wat a cutie!....But VF EVO is a perfectly tweeked game. I think shes given a military look cuz otherwise she would be another "Sarah" type character. Vale Tudo looks quite brutal too, its probably got a military background....so Vanessa now has a stronger "character". Imagine wat items Vanessa would get without her Military look (they would be boring and similar 2 Sarah). Now in Evo she gets really kool military items.....though she doesnt look sexy any more, and now looks nerdy!!!....but now looks like a more brutal & serious fighter (to match her Vale Tudo style). Wat u think???

8. Cloud

Cloud Active Member

I'm Hatin that they took out the gym outfit. Theres no difference between the costumes, ones darker than the other... big deal.

Also, didn't she have a ski mask item in 4, I think i say it once or twice in the kumite mode... I haven't seen it in evo. I thought it made her look pretty cool, like she's part of a SWAT team or something. I'm using the hockey mask right now .. that way she looks like a monster out of a horror flick /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Oh P.S. - you can see the old costume in the shop. The first item for the her head shows her in the gym outfit. Damm sega , Why

9. aZ1d

aZ1d Active Member

ever seen some of the Friday the thirteenth movie's?The hockey mask belongs to jason voorhees in those movies,perfectly redesigned into vf graphics ^^

10. Vale_Tudo

Vale_Tudo New Member

Whoever decided to take out Vanessa's old gym costume should be taken out back and mercilessly beaten into submission with an aluminum baseball bat. She would still be tough looking. but her security guard uniform pants make her legs look chunky and her ass cheeks are so far out it looks like she is smuggling throw pillows out of wal*mart. *sob* /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif They could at least made them look nice instead of chunkyfuckingass!

11. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

Nice of you to reanimated this thread /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    I've always wished they didn't take it out and I'm usually wondering why it was done! Because the western world couldn't take that kinda of thing with the tank top? It would corrupt our youth? I really hate her 2nd outfit, its rather lame, the same outfit but different colours? Now thats bad, even Shun's 2nd outfit has bigger differences.

12. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

related to this article (i guess), the reworked stages feature a later part of the day (evening or something like that), why did sega change it??????? i REALLY WISH it was morning or something, the jeffrey's beach level is just boring in the dark /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

13. Graphic

Graphic Active Member

The beach level is better in the dark, the sky looks beautiful

One thing i do miss is Akiras stage, im not sure but i think in evo it doesnt go noon, evening, and night like in vf4...that was cool

14. ValeStyle_Gove

[ QUOTE ]
    rustybolt21 said:

related to this article (i guess), the reworked stages feature a later part of the day (evening or something like that), why did sega change it??????? i REALLY WISH it was morning or something, the jeffrey's beach level is just boring in the dark /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the old beach much better, along with old temple, old aquarium, and old garden (simply because i do not like the NEW garden) Some of the new colours for the stages are just ugly. But lets not forget some of the colours for the old stages are seriously tweeked to make them look much more different than they actually are.

15. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ValeStyle_Gove said:

I like the...old garden (simply because i do not like the NEW garden)

[/ QUOTE ]

So you perfer the urine-yellow and shit-brown of the old garden to the light blue/lavender and great music of the new one?

16. ValeStyle_Gove

[ QUOTE ]
    Dandy_J said:
    So you perfer the urine-yellow and shit-brown of the old garden to the light blue/lavender and great music of the new one?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes....yes I do. Pink/dark blue on green is just NOT a nice colour scheme. At least the old ones are more realistic, excluding the music.

17. Mysterious_Red

and also, WHERE THE HELL IS THE A.I. MODE??? /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

18. FilthyHands

damn, havent posted in a while. well, i was playing the game and it only hit me that her old costume was really removed when i played with her in quest mode and couldn't find it no matter how hard i looked. well, the AI mode was fun. wonder what they were thinking?

19. Mysterious_Red

I guess the A.I. mode was not included since it was almost a "part" of VF4, the original game. If they added anything else to evo, then they'd have to charge it $49.99 instead of $19.99 (greatest hits).

20. FilthyHands

but the game is already worth that much!!!it has almost twice as much content as the original VF4. the AI mode is nothing compared to the quest mode they put in there. so i still dont see why they took out the AI mode.