1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessas old costume...

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by FilthyHands, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Which is BS, as the full-price JP release didn't have it, either.
    It was probably taken out because it wasn't used all that much, and players would rather have more to do in something like Quest mode.

2. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

You're right, but there is one thing i cannot agree w/you on. I, unlike others, used the A.I. mode alot (it was like a child to me /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif. When you finish the quest (and don't have any human competetion avalible at the moment), wouldn't it be astonishing to fight your own A.I./traning it. Very addictive., but i know im in the minority--most people didn't use it very much.

3. FilthyHands

FilthyHands Active Member

wow, thats two of us then...................i used to play the AI mode ALOT, and i was hoping for a improved version of it, but they removed all together. damn bastards.

4. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

The AI mode also had some SERIOUS limitations and bugs, and I guess they took it out because it wasn't nearly as good as they wanted it to be, and they couldn't fix it.

Ever tried to train a Vane AI? You can't get her to learn ANY of the attacks from the HH stances.

The AI was a great idea, and even implemented decently. It was average, but they probably took it out because it just didn't fit right with the rest of the game.

5. slappy

slappy New Member

Re: Vanessas old costume...My Theory

[ QUOTE ]
    DuralOsmose said:
    (snipped)
    I think shes given a military look cuz otherwise she would be another "Sarah" type character. Vale Tudo looks quite brutal too, its probably got a military background....so Vanessa now has a stronger "character". Imagine wat items Vanessa would get without her Military look (they would be boring and similar 2 Sarah).
    (snipped)
    Wat u think???

[/ QUOTE ]

No, Vale Tudo did not come from the military at all. In addition to being common knowledge about Vale Tudo, you probably can find this in her section of many VF pages.

As a matter of fact, her hot old spandex outfit is very very similar to what women actually wear in vale tudo. it was very authentic to begin with. very little clothes are worn in vale tudo (in general) as opposed to the full Gi use in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu matches. She was not in spandex to be sexy like sarah she was in spandex because thats what ppl wear in vale tudo (in general). it only seems the same as sarah if you are ignorant.

Her extras should have been sporting type extras like a boxer/kickboxer type character and it would have been diff enough from sarah. that would have supported her vale tudo background just fine, give her pads and different sportwear. maybe a gi outfit to edit, bare feet, a mouthpeice, gloves that allow striking and grappling. she is NOT in spandex to be a sex kitten, try taking in a NHB fight sometime.

-Slappy

"From strength learn gentleness, through gentleness strength will prevail" - Gouken

6. Mindscan

Mindscan Active Member

i agree, the new second costume is filth

7. Onionclyde

Onionclyde New Member

I only just got Evo last week and feel it is my duty to ressurect this thread.
    I was so sure i was getting the most complete version of VF4 available and to find out Vanessa's P1costume has been removed (only to be replaced by a colour variant of P2) pissed me off sooooo fucking bad.
    I spent hours playing through quest hoping that if i beat enough characters a message would eventually pop up saying 'alright then, here you go. you have unlocked Vanessa's old costume. Your persistance is amazing'
    It took me days to realise that wasn't going to happen and then i came on here to find out the devastating truth. That others have found this out before me. And there's no secret way of getting it. It's just not there.

WHY o WHY did they have to take it OUT?!?!
    WHHYYYYYYYYYY??????????? FUCKING WHY
    TELL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

8. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

No it was not your duty to revive this super old thread, so they removed a costume big fucking deal get used to it and play the game if you that bothered by it go play ver c so we can be rid of your stupidity.

9. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Damn dude... chill out.

I liked Vanessa's old costume. I cry myself to sleep thinking about how they, THEY took that away from me.

10. Nolte

Nolte Well-Known Member

I smell a conspiracy here. First the costume change, now the skin tone change. Is there something wrong with a sexy strong black woman? I just think it's odd.

11. Painty_J

Sexy and strong, I don't have a problem with. I'm cool with black too. It's the fact that she's built like a king-cobra sized Mack truck that disturbs me a little bit. She can be ripped, but FFS when she looks like a cross between Jeffry, Wolf, and Sarah, I get a little worried /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They probably made her skin lighter because there's too many racists playing the game, and they wanted to boost her appeal, thereby attracting more players to one of the 13 best characters in VF /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

yeah sega going for the amerikkkan skinhead demographic lol

13. Onionclyde

Onionclyde New Member

[ QUOTE ]
    archangel said:

No it was not your duty to revive this super old thread, so they removed a costume big fucking deal get used to it and play the game if you that bothered by it go play ver c so we can be rid of your stupidity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, i trawled around the internet trying to find out exactly WHY they removed that costume, and then i come accross this site, not only that but a thread asking the exact same question i wanted an answer to.
    My first post and i get an unprovoked attack.

I still want to know why they tookout her best costume when it was in the original version and the betas. What really drives me nuts is that it's still there when you choose her VF1 graphics. So close....

14. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Sega-AM2 said:
    It's bad for the kids.

[/ QUOTE ]

15. Painty_J

Well first...he does have a point. It's not your duty to revive old threads. He was a bit rude about it though, but I'm sorry bout that.

The only reason I can guess that they took out her sexy costume, and now they're making her skin lighter, is:

WHITE POWER!

Yay for the race card! Brought to you by wiggers everywhere /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

16. DissMaster

DissMaster Well-Known Member

There is more to Vanessa than meets the eye. Think about it: big muscles, bone crunching punches, running back thighs, Brazil around carnival time....

Don't make her mad or you will find yourself on the business end of her "hidden surprise."

17. Painty_J

Like I said...a mack truck, only bigger and meaner.

18. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

ughhh.... I hope that 'surprise' doesn't become a costume option.