1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanessa's p(ws)

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by alantan, May 12, 2002.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

I am kind of curious can anyone do the p(ws) 14 frame execution consistently?? supposedly if you do the rising uppercut properly, the move comes out in 14 frames which is one hell of an "elbow" for Vanessa. I REALLY REALLY need a 14 frame mid move for Vanessa (DS) (like after a blocked p+k,p) and there is one but I cannot do it.... Either it doesn't comes out, or I CD too long. I do the P(ws) by d/f,d/f (hold a little), n,p which is very unreliable.

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Like you, I usually do this move from a crouch, crouch dash, or after a low punch or kick. It's one of her best moves from DS, but as you've pointed out, it requires a little setting up.

In cases where you need a quick mid, her Cut Upper (DS d/f+P) is also vital, and comes out in 10 frames! It's the fastest mid in the game AFAIK, and can be chained in to the second P, which KD's on counter. While the cut upper doesn't stagger on counter like the Crush Jaw, it's still a great move than can be followed with a nice guessing game (throw or the canned P, which should also KD a TE, like her d+K).

Sorry if this wasn't so helpful or off topic...

Spotlite

3. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

d/f+p is high.........

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Hey Alan, I'm assuming you got the information from a Japanese bbs (what's the url)? If so, don't they offer any advice on how to do the (ws) P as fast as possible?

I do it the same as you described, and I can't think of any technique to get the (ws) in one frame? It sounds like you must buffer a CD, and the very first frame you start to crouch dash, you return to neutral and press P.

I'll try some tests in training mode later on.

5. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

I did it before. Just couldn't perfect it.... It's done around the same pace as single palm -> double palm. But the only difference is when i released to neutral and do P too fast i get d/f+p /versus/images/icons/frown.gif

It's in the blue book myke.... Alan told me before when we were playing and he was reading. And there are video clips of vanessa doing it.

6. Jinisgod

Jinisgod Well-Known Member

Yep i try it all the time in training mode, from a quick cd....timing is the key, but im reading the blue book too, trying to get it

Red

7. alantan

I read it first in some Japanese board. I think it is the overweight board. But it has been around for quite some time but I just couldn't do it...

I tested it with Wilson and it definately worked, ie after a blocked p+k,p, you can interrupt d+p with the rising upper. How are you going to test it in training mode? can you make the CPU retaliate with a specific move after blocked? mmm... unless you programmed Wolf to do P,d+p and try to interrupt the d+p after blocked the P. kind of tough.... as the block stun for P is much shorter.

8. alantan

actually you are not supposed to see the CD. That is the tough part. It is easy to get a rising upper but you MUST get it in like 1 frame.... the only way to check if you are doing correctly is to do it in situations when you have 2 frame advantage and see if you can interrupt a d+p.

9. Jinisgod

Jinisgod Well-Known Member

Nah you cant make the cpu do nuthing, but thats all i got, not alot of people play it here so i can only try it in training mode

Red:)

10. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Alan:

Tried this out today, actually it's not that difficult if you play crouch-dash characters like Akira, I do 335P whether I'm on the left or the right (since it's just a regular while standing+P move), works great for me. Definitely easier than Akira's ST-SgPm-DbPm. I find that I can interrupt opponent's d+P after a blocked P+KP pretty much all the time, and you never see the CD. You gotta wait till just when the P is blocked, then quickly 335P.

Awesome sequence, btw, thanks for sharing it on the forum! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

11. alantan

hey chris,

you tried with someone or is there a way to practice that alone?

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I tried it with my VF friends.

I can't figure out a way to practice that vs CPU in free training, unfortunately. At first, I tried to make it such that the CPU opponent does a move that you block and you end up with +2 initiative, then the CPU opponent does d+P and you do WS+P... but the move doesn't ever come out that way, I always get either df+P or db+P.

It seems that you can buffer the WS+P after you initiate a move that is blocked, but when you block an opponent and get +2 frames, you cannot do that move and hope to beat out a low punch.

13. sayow

sayow Well-Known Member

I was trying to pull it off last night, too. A mind like a steel trap, machine-like reflexes and a good sense of rhythm: that's all that's needed. So far, I have failed... I can only pull off three max without crouching too long or inputting the wrong move.

Note: Using a D-pad. Still undecided about that Hori joystick.

14. alantan

I think I am beginning to get it. The idea is to buffer the 33 as fast as possible and delay your p. The problem for me is the timing of the p. You can practise it by choosing Jeffery and use his 64p,2p sequence.

15. Tetra

Tetra Well-Known Member

ya have to delay the p. that's why i like doing shoulder ram alot more. Less timing involved and i wouldn't get attacks like d/f+p when doing shoulder ram.