Venessa crumple followups

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Dec 7, 2001.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

Does anyone knows of ANY confirmed attack followups to Venessa crumple (kazure down) ???

I mean the best I can do for offensive mode is ff+k,d+k and that move makes okizeme difficult as I recover slow and far from the techrolling opponent. Surely there is a better followup????

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Re: Vanessa crumple followups

Does anyone knows of ANY confirmed attack followups to Venessa crumple (kazure down) ???

Well, any mid or low attack is a "confirmed" followup.

If you're looking for something to deals big damage in one or two hits, then you won't find it. Vanessa's not that kinda gal. I usually stick to a simple Knee (f+K in either stance) and then dash forward anticipating the TR.

Here are some attacks which may work after the stomach crumple:

- (DS) f,f+PP (maybe even d+P - f,f+PP)
    - (DS) b,f+P+K (might be too slow)
    - (MTS) f,f+K, d+K (as you already mentioned)
    - (MTS) f+PPK

I wouldn't be suprised if none of the above work. But since it appears you're too lazy to go through a bit of trial and error yourself, I figure I'd give you a push in the right direction. I'll give it a test tomorrow too and report back any useful results.

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

actually,

I have spent quite a fair bit of time. Most mid attack DO NOT hit a kazure down, at least not the G,u+p kazure down. The f+p,p,k doesn't work. The f+p dun seem to connect low enough. Only the knees work. f+k,k,p only the first knee will hit which is pretty bad.

I hope to get at least 30 points damage with good okizemi position.

I do not know where you get the impression I never tried b4 posting. I have and it is REALLY tough to find a good followup, if it even existed. I just thought maybe there is a move which I have missed or my timing is off.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623

Alan, didn't mean to bite your head off like that. Anyway, I tried just about everything I could and found nothing new. Also, nothing on the list I proposed worked. The attacks were either too slow or didn't hit low enough.

The best followup is probably the knee or the df+K+G.