1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ver. D and VF5 evo in 2008

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Dennis0201, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

by jp website, Ver.D is coming in early 2008.
    Otherwise, evo is also in 2008. Two more characters confirmed!!!

2. Cigar

Cigar Member

I'm skeptical.
    Website link?

3. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

As long as it also comes out for 360 I'm a happy camper. Just hope Sega won't muck about this time and release it at the same time as the PS3 version.

4. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Hmmm, we've all been talking about this since Version B. But I don't see any concrete evidence of it. I'm actually not that skeptical of it though. And if it does happen to be true, I do hope it lands on both the 360 and the PS3.

(Man it's gona be a painful wait knowing that Japan already has it in arcades while we chill here waiting... yet... again. It's bad enough knowing all the cool items they have access to yet we don't /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif )

5. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

I'm going to lock this if there is no evidence provided.

6. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Link for confirmation or ban.

7. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I like emx's avitar it makes me poop myself

8. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Apparently am-net.jp indeed states Ver D and Evo in 2008.

9. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    That's true! And ver.F is going to come out faster than ver.E, cuase it will allow time travel for the PSN and XBL users /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

ver.D.... yeah right /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Edit: Like... you mean it's real? No bullshit? I have to check it... commence operation ver.D! Double D! No, make it double E /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif (Tits or GTFO /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif lol)
    Anyways, if that is really true, than I have a goal in life.... wow... haven't had that since the announcment of VF5 on PS3 /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Are they reliable or are they like Magic Box?

11. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

all I'm sayn' is that if there is indeed going to be a version D with 2 extra chars it better be an update for xbox's version atleast. Or 20 bucks like vf4 evo was.

12. Sikarios22

Sikarios22 Member

I doubt that it would release at 20 for the XBox 360. 30 or 35 maybe.

13. driftsilencer

driftsilencer Well-Known Member

From the AM-net website

2008/初  「VERSION D」(ノックアウトトライアル2、コスチューム追加、公式オープンバトルなど追加)
    2008/未定  「エボリューション」(2キャラ追加)

2008 / Early year release [Version D] (Knockout trial 2, addition of costumes, new mode "official open battle" added)
    2008 / TBA [Evolution] (2 characters added)

I really can't wait to see the two new characters, AM2 always manages to introduce interesting characters with unique styles!

14. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Man. I just hope for a speedy port to consoles. I can't handle this delay and knowing new versions are out while we play the old :'( lol.

15. hawpi

hawpi Member

if they introduce new characters in the next ver. kudos to sega for hooking it up.

16. ViperExcess

ViperExcess Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if saved data from a previous version carries over to a new version on the same system?

I would hate to make a custom Sarah only to find out that she isn't usable in the next version on the 360.

17. Poppa

Poppa Well-Known Member

Awesome, very awesome.

Let's just hope the home ports are actually half decent. I want VF5 evo's training mode to, at the very least, be on par with VF4 evo's. I'd also like to have knockout trial from the arcade (and anything else the arcade version has), replay sharing, portable character profiles, etc etc (basically, everything they can think to throw into a home port).

I.e. Make it better than VF4 evo. Hell, add something interesting to Quest mode. Change it up a bit. I don't know...maybe throw in the lame VF anime as an unlockable in quest mode so people could stop bitching about the lack of story.

I'd gladly pay full retail price for VF5 evo if they can make the home port as brilliant (or better than) VF4 evo.

18. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

ViperExcess: No, to my knowledge even VF4 and VF4:Evo couldn't reuse save data.

Here's hoping they decide to add some of the ver.D/Evo stuff as downloadables on the xbox, though I'm sure it's more lucrative for them to just make us buy a new disc;;

19. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

You forgot bingo, fool! Bingo can't be expressed by an etc. Man.

(Just so the sarcasm isn't lost, I am joking of course haha. But no seriously, I really do want that bingo thing included.)

20. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2
    So, let's sum all information... This will be something like ''patch'' for x360 version? But if it will be another game, i must think, should I buy Vf5 for x360 or w8 for new version...