1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ver. D and VF5 evo in 2008

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Dennis0201, Nov 8, 2007.

1. ViperExcess

ViperExcess Well-Known Member

Feeble females? DOA? Dunno know what game you've been playing, man. I haven't seen many feeble females yet in fighting games, if at all.

I think more females are needed simply because the males already dominate like 2-to-1. Not sure what inspirations could be used for them tho.

Either way, surprises are good. As long as the characters are cool, it's fine.

2. ShinFuYux

ShinFuYux Well-Known Member

taka, why him? I hope not..

I hope they add a karate fighter with a tkd fighter.

But if taka is trully back, then at least add a karate fighter.

3. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I would like a true kicker, and no sarah doesn't count. It'd be nice if all his moves were kicks, the punch button being higher kicks and kick being lower kicks or punch button being weak and kick button being strong.

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I never heard that Taka was removed because of animation and clipping issues? I remember reading that he got removed cause he was to powerful and AM2 felt he was to cheap and couldn't integrate him into the game well.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Character design in DOA is indeed feeble females, not talking about moves.

6. FallingEdge

FallingEdge Well-Known Member

They need to have a pure street fighter in the game. A person who just scraps and claws his way to the win. Will do whatever it takes, blah blah blah.

7. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I thought we've already agreed on KIMBO SLICE /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

8. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

You should be able to make Akira look like ryo hazuki, pleasey Sega!!!!

9. THE_WALL

THE_WALL Well-Known Member

I think that everyone's paranoia revolves around the idea that SEGA will only ever add 2 characters per update and sometimes not even that. I say add 2 characters and then Taka on top of that.

I use Wolf as my main character, and I like how him and Taka are both grapplers, something about using the 6 P+G and options out of these moves that gets me excited!!!

10. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    I wash my Taka. I feed my Taka high quality food.

Ugh. Taka this. Taka that. My Taka can fly. My Taka can beat up your Taka.

Too much Taka-talk in the forums.

Unless Sega is willing to change up the system (fat man=no juggles, throws more damaging), and we're given evidence of him possibly returning, it should cease. Replace "Taka" or "prospective-character" with the word "weapons" and BAM!

Personally, I think adding another 2 characters would suck ass and the game would be better off if maybe Sega balanced out the current cast.

11. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    Re: I wash my Taka. I feed my Taka high quality f

The problem with Taka is that he's supposed to hard to float - maybe could just take more damage from slams to make up for it?

I know that breaks the consistency rule of "everyone takes the same damage" but, hey, berserker's throws did 3 more points of damage than everybody elses in SC2 too, people didn't complain.

12. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

Re: I wash my Taka. I feed my Taka high quality food.

I agree - Although I play as all the characters, I am the best with Wolf and loved Taka on VF3 for his power and throws.

But I don't think they will add 3 characters. I would be happy if VF5 Evo just added one new character - Taka-Arashi. It's frustrated me ever since VF4 that the character select is always an odd number with only one VF3 combatant.

13. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Re: I wash my Taka. I feed my Taka high quality f

But then again... SC is kinda *fart*[/size]. Fun, but total *fart*[/size].

14. SoulKatana

SoulKatana Well-Known Member

can't wait 4 vf5 evo!!
    maybe we see taka arashi again... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif
    anyway sega will 4 shure put in 1 more japanese chara...
    because there are more chinese charas as j. fighters...

15. southeast

southeast Member

if taka ever makes it back.. he'd be a super heavy weight and he floats for about an inch or so and then when other vfers throw him they'd be like in slow motion and tremors just to simulate how heavy and difficult he is to be throwned...LOL, any way i agree with soulkatana vf will most likely add another jap vfer on the roster for balance, i'm guessing it be taka or a karate fighter,but am2's unpredictable,so we'll see in due time,oh! i 2nd the motion for SHENMUE III!

16. Franz

Franz Well-Known Member

Jeez, I really hope they don't add characters, I'm already struggling getting to know the current cast...

17. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

Well it's taken me about 2 months solid play on the 360 version (after the break I had after playing the PS3 version all summer) and I know all the character's moves and when to use them almost perfectly (I had more trouble with Lei-Fei, Shun and Vanessa thanks to their never ending moves list and stance switches). It takes a lot of time and hard work but it's worth learning every character as they all offer something different and makes the game immeasurably more fun. Even a game this good would get boring if you only play as one or two characters (and even worse if you only abuse a certain number of moves) but when you can choose from one of seventeen each time you play, the reward is huge.

As for VF5 evo (which I am still crossing my fingers for) - I would love to see Taka, but how about Siba from the early VF1 demo? It would be so cool to have a reunion with these 2 characters. Siba could use some kind of Indian fighting style (obviously without the sword). The tacky Fighter's Megamix base would have to go and then he would turn out to be a great character.

Plus, although I love the idea of bringing back the only characters to be ditched, VF6 deserves brand new characters and VF5Evo would be a perfect time to bring these awesome shitheads back.

18. Onslaught

Onslaught Well-Known Member

Is feeble a new term for half naked or something?

19. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Female akira with new version of SPOD - DLC - ETC sounds good to me. I would love to see a bad ass female version of akira that has more half circulars and maybe 1 circular move who could step like VF4 and whoops some serious ass.

20. djtortilla

djtortilla Well-Known Member

they need to add a fat chick as an answer to Tekken's Bob