1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ver. D and VF5 evo in 2008

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Dennis0201, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

taka is the answer. Bring him back with two more and EVO will be nice

Other characters?
    Stick Fighter
    Pro Boxer

2. Caj

Caj Well-Known Member

Closest thing to a female Akira in a fighting game is Julia Chang,especially in Tekken 6.Her new moves and modified animations definitely make her even closer to Akira than before.Too bad she still has a hard time competing against Mishimas.In my honest opinion I would like to see a female Pro Boxer with her design after Laila Ali(just like El Blaze is after Rey Meysterio)

3. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Leo would be more like Akira now, in 6. Otherwise I'd agree.

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Kokoro from DoA 4 is a lot closer to Akira than Julia Chang, lol. Kokoro has the gheyest SPoD ever.

Dunno about Tekken 6 though....

5. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, Kokoro probably even moreso than Leo. But close with Leo.

Good lookin out.

6. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I remember there was a biker chick called Akira in Rival schools /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

7. FallingEdge

FallingEdge Well-Known Member

A fat chick in the game would be awesome. Sega, make it happen.

8. KingZeal

KingZeal Well-Known Member

Does anyone in VF even use karate? I can't think of anyone who uses any variation of Karate.

Also, the inclusion of some off-the-beaten-path arts, such as African styles, would be appreciated.

9. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Gensei-Ryu would be a nice Karate style to see in VF5 Evo. Or the filipino martial art "Dumog". I'm also curious to see if they would ever include "Shorijin-Kempo" To go against Lei-Fei's Shaolin Style.I just want to see some more Japanese martial arts.

10. DaBadSeed

DaBadSeed Well-Known Member

SEGA GIVE ME MY FEMALE SNAKE STYLE FIGHTER PLZ

11. DaBadSeed

hmm a female ninja would be good 2

12. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

If they do, they better not make her anyway near as wack as the Snake style chick in DOA.

13. Attorney4Hire

Attorney4Hire Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Roperband
  14. ViperExcess

ViperExcess Well-Known Member

What's wrong with DOA Kokoro and Christie in terms of fighting styles?

15. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

Kokoro = nerfed akira! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

16. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

There won't be another female snake style, because of Lion. AM2 (thank God) doesn't like clone characters, like the ones that plague games like Tekken and DOA.

17. ViperExcess

ViperExcess Well-Known Member

Depends on what you'd consider a clone. Baek and Hwoarang both have TKD, but have different moves. TK Eddy and Christie have the same style AND moves. Steve is boxing, Bruce is traditional kickboxing, and Bryan is American kickboxing.

I wouldn't consider similar styles with different moves as clones, necessarily. It can get repetitive at times, but maybe Mantis and Snake have too many similarities. Maybe they don't. There's plenty of styles that Sega can implement in VF, whether or not they're already implemented in other fighters.

18. DaBadSeed

man i cant wait till this comes out

19. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

Almost every character in Tekken is a clone to a certain extent.

Baek & Hwoarang
    Law & Lee
    Eddy & Christie
    Brian & Bruce
    King & Armor King & Roger
    Kuma/Panda & Ganryu & Jack
    Kazuya & Heihachi (& Devil Jin)
    Nina & Anna
    Wang & Julia

Tekken's got better recently by trying to add differences between them but it's still not good enough. The only thing in VF even remotely close to this are the flip kicks (Jacky and Kage's flip big kicks are similar to Sarah's and the backflip kick is shared by Lau, Pai and Kage). In Tekken every single character shares basic moves also. It's unacceptable that a big chuff like Marduk can do the same ridiculous 100mph low spin kick as Hwoarang (crouch Left Kick).

20. Jundori

Jundori Member

Im REALLY REALLY Hoping for a Karate chick ( or guy, doenst really matter, I just want karate in the game ) Would make a good balanced character(i.e. Lau/Lion/Pai orso) as Karate also heavily relies on countering. I think this has a good chance really.

for the 2nd char, Id really like to see Taka back, but im not really seeing this happening so ill have to go for erm.... erm....
    just give us Taka back ^_^

nah joking aside, it would be good to have a Boxer orso, altho I've never really enjoyed playing a boxing character, also, he would be to much Brad alike since the only way u can make boxers interesting is with slipping and ducking etc, also a no-go imo

So im guessing on a Wushu type character....but PLEASE give Taka back and a Karate chick would be good /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif