1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Ver. D and VF5 evo in 2008

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Dennis0201, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2
    Two chicks in VF5 EVO !!!!!!!

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    The thing is, there really arent any 'pure' practisioners of any art in the fighting games. The characters are like fighters who have developed their own style and use techniques from more than one fighting styles and some of their own. This is jsut fine with me... but maybe people just dont pay that much attention what we got. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I remember discussion that Akira was actually a dude who has mixed karate and kung-fu in his own personal style.. He even has a tilebreaker attack lol (/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif(fully charged))

I honestly cant say what kind of fighters Id like to see in vf5 evo.. I dont want it to be TKD or capoeira though, as I feel those 'belong' to tekken. I would consider a boxer to be bit lame, or at least he would have to fight barehanded.. Maybe a fist-centered fighter like the Asian end opponent in Jackie Chan's "Who Am I". Quick attack strings with fists. I never liked and still dont like the way Laus hands move when he attacks..

ps. And give Sarah a jumping, spinning backkick and we dont need TKD characters /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

3. LemmyIsTheGame

LemmyIsTheGame Well-Known Member

isn't WS/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif good enough for that. It's not exactly JCVD but it's still "a jumping, spinning backkick".

4. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Are they finally going to fix the hit detection? You can still get hit with moves that didn't quite touch you.

Another thing, is there any chance they'll ever return to VF3's playstyle with the evade button + upgrades?

5. Sebo

Sebo Well-Known Member Content Manager Taka Content Manager Jeffry

PSN:
    Sebopants
    Oh, I fucking hope not.

6. Sorias

Sorias Well-Known Member

That's an animation issue, not a hit detection issue, Shoju. The moves have hitboxes in this game, it's not based on collision between the character models. Each move is designed to hit at particular times, and will always consistently hit at those same times. Anything that looked like it didn't hit you, just means they did a poor job of animating the character to match their hit boxes (which yes, hopefully they will fix, but it doesn't really matter to the gameplay). It's also a bit complicated by situations, like, wolf has only one animation for giant swing, so they had to set it up that despite differences in character size, none of the characters clip through his arms as he throws them. There probably will never be a complete fix as long as they don't go back to having every character being exactly the same height (which would suck even more than the animation issues).

As for a return to Vf3... it's extremely unlikely, but I suppose noone knows for sure but them.