1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Version C Tier List

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Jide, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    S+ - Lei Fei, Kage, Vanessa, Eileen

A - Lau, Shun, Pai, Wolf, Brad, Akira

B - Goh, Aoi, Jeff, Jacky, Blaze

C - Lion, Sarah

Thanks to Markman(Scan) and Reno for the translation.

From the December issue of Arcadia. The VF5 article talks about why the characters are ranked the way they are in Ver C (left side) and the bottom article talks about characters and their throws.

Basically they just say that Lei is tops out of the S Ranks, and the other 3 are really good but Lei has speed/power advantage over them.

At the end they said that Lion and Sarah are bottom tier but they have more than enough tools to win tournaments so it's not like a huge disadvantage for them.

Lower class characters have to work harder for their damage/wins than the other guys, but they can still compete.

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Thanks for the interesting info! Does that article specifically mentioned how they determine the list?

3. DubC

DubC Well-Known Member

I found that funny.

4. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Does anybody has any idea why Lion has gone down in verC ?

5. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

Wow there were quite a few shifts from B, but nothing very drastic, except I don't remember Eileen being nearly that high. I'm not vet, but I would have to say from feeling and what we've witnessed in tournament results, C does seem to be the most balanced of the versions yet, and that has me very happy.

6. Kurenaii

Kurenaii Active Member

I still don't understand why Sarah is so low...

Thanks for this though. Been lookin' for a Ver. C tierlist. :]

7. Reno

Reno Well-Known Member

Sarah is low because she has to work too hard for her damage. Lion also has to work quite a bit for his damage compared to the other characters.

8. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Sarah has to put herself at far more risk to get the same damage that most characters don't need half as much risk.

Her flamingo is good but not a big damage threat as long as you play smart versus it.

In order for her to get any significant damage out of her stance she has to take huge risks such as low punch sabaki, hit/guard throw, or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/df.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif.

I can also see the same thing for Lion cause he really doesn't do a lot of damage, especially when it comes to punishing stuff. Though he is safer than Sarah.

PS: I told you guys Lei Fei was beastly, dudes a monster. So much damage off of everything.

9. Onslaught

Onslaught Well-Known Member

When we're talking about low tier, just how low are we talking about? I mean obviously not like a Roll to Cable kind of high and low.

10. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Eileen's been S+ tier since ver B dude. For some reason I'm liking kage more than her lately though.

11. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

Not very low, it's just the difference in risk really. Sarah can still press nitaku, she can still do a hefty bit of damage, she has a good throw game, and she has all her tricky stuff too. She just ends up having to put herself at more risk to get significant damage.

She can still whoop some hellacious ass if you play her right.

12. MarkMan

MarkMan Well-Known Member

I love tier lists. Just cuz I love lists in general. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

13. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Lei seems to have much less recovery time on his moves online too. It's shocking how good he is. Eileen is just a beast in general. Crazy mixups!

14. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    Wow akira went up. Interesting. This game doesnt need tiers though =(

15. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Online just sucks framewise... Im happy that Akira is still high though, cause that was my opinion already. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

16. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

online is horrible against lei because if there is lag and you try to evade it wont' come out and you get hit by a very damaging string.

17. Attorney4Hire

Attorney4Hire Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Roperband
    Yeah, Lei is brutal online.

18. ZeroEx

ZeroEx Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zeextremekid
    XBL:
    Zeextremekid
    I have a friend on Live who's really good with Lei Fei and after playing for hours against him in player matches with Akira, he's a tough cookie, but a figured out when and how you can hit Lei Fei in his combo chains.

He's pretty much vulnerable to any attack once you break or evade his startup combos.

19. SweepTheLeg

SweepTheLeg Well-Known Member

Thought Jeff might be A this time around. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Good to see Eileen stays S. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

20. Fulan

Fulan Well-Known Member

Word, I didn't even realise she was top-tier. I started with her because I like her style but thought she would be C-tier.

Tremble! For cute little monkey girl shall destroy you!