1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Version C Tier List

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Jide, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was (with a few exceptions) a character team tourney, top 5 Sarahs (or close enough) in one team.

2. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

See that proves tiers don't mean much in this game...

One low tier Sarah vs an squad of god tier Eileens, i'd have never betted on the Sarah.

3. InstantOverhead

InstantOverhead Well-Known Member

As far as tiers go in fighting games, they are by far, the most compressed in the Virtua Fighter series. Blazblue and the new Tekken, as far as I know, have compressed tiers as well (though not nearly as well as VF).

But most discussions of tiers center around games like Marvel (where a handful of characters from 50+ dominate) or 3S (where half the cast is never present in tournaments) or ST (where Claw and O.Sagat had to be soft banned in Japan) where some characters are marginally superior to others.

In VF4EVO version A, Goh was considered to be the worst character, by far in the game. But Arashi (a famous Jacky and Goh player) dominated at Super Battle Opera 2003, beating entire teams by himself, proving that Goh was tournament viable and that even the lowest tier character in VF could win. There is footage of this from the live stream and DVD on YouTube (some is at Ogi's channel I believe) but YouTube is giving me Internal 500 and 404 errors right now so I can't give you the links.

4. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

It doesn't just happen though, the Sarah player probably had his fair share of Eileen exp against competent Eileen's, he was just that much better of a player at that moment, or was simply on fire. Who knows.

So tiers do mean something, and they do mean alot too, otherwise there really wouldn't be emphasis on making lists and people talking about which character is strong or weak.

It'd probably be alot better if no one really knew tiers for any fighting game though. That way there's never an issue, and no crying whatsoever.

5. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

I be ain't seeing no Jeffry teams in Japan.

6. Sharp7

Sharp7 Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Sharp J7
    is there somewhere where we can watch these 5v5 character tournies? they sound really fun and interesting to watch!

7. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Active Member

Any updated Tier lists for 5R? Just curious to see how thngs turned out.

8. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Wolf is top.

9. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

SS- WO, VAN
    S - AK, LEI, BL

E - SHUN
    F - BR

10. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    Kamaage linked us to some tier lists on the shoutbox.

I actually posted them before here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    SS Class

Wolf

S Class

Vanessa, LeiFei

A Class
    Taka, Lau, Jing, Jean, Lion, Blaze, Jeffry, Pai, Tsuyoshi

B Class

Sarah, Kage, Aoi, Jacky, Brad, Eileen

C Class

Shun</div></div>

Homestay Akira and Joseph made a list of their own and put it in a Dragonball Z format:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Goku who Supasaiya

Wolf

Frieza (Full Power Final)

Lei Fei

Goku (20 times the world Fist King)

Vanessa

Frieza (Final)

Taka

Goku (10 times the world Fist King)

Jean

Vegeta (after being beaten nearly to death in Krillin)

Lion

Frieza (Third geometrical)

Akira

Piccolo (after merging with the nail)

Lau

Frieza (second geometric feature)

Jeffry

Frieza (first geometric feature)

Pai

Captain Ginyu

Blaze

Rikumu

Aoi

Dease

Sarah

Converter

Goh

Gurudo

Eileen

Nail

Kage

Zabon

Jacky

Doria de

Brad

Tsu

Shun</div></div>

11. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    This is from memory

Hauru's Tier List

S Wolf Vanessa, Jean (Hauru thinks he is S!)

A Lei, Akira, EL Blaze, Lion, Lau, Taka

B Jeffry, Pai, Jean(Koedo)

C Goh Kage Jacky Sarah Aoi Eileen

D Brad

E Shun (Terrible)

With Jeans infinite who knows though.

12. Mackfactor

Mackfactor Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Vf5sega
    i keep checking back to see if the tier list will change for vf5r
    ) :

at least: shun and Kage are below me
    ( :

yes yes tier list doesnt mean anything.

13. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

<object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i91ttu_enKk"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i91ttu_enKk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

14. BlackDragon37

BlackDragon37 Well-Known Member

15. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    To be fair Hauru thought he was S before it was found I think. But yeah Koedo posted up on his blog along time ago now.

16. Truesonic2k

Truesonic2k Well-Known Member

<object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkHuel9XPzw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FkHuel9XPzw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

Please take note at the last round.

17. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Very well done on Homestay/Josephs part on basing the tiers on DBZ characters; I can understand those better then the conventional S/A/B tier!

18. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

Homestay Akira and Joseph made a list of their own and put it in a Dragonball Z format:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Goku who Supasaiya

Wolf

Frieza (Full Power Final)

Lei Fei

Goku (20 times the world Fist King)

Vanessa

Frieza (Final)

Taka

Goku (10 times the world Fist King)

Jean

Vegeta (after being beaten nearly to death in Krillin)

Lion

Frieza (Third geometrical)

Akira

Piccolo (after merging with the nail)

Lau

Frieza (second geometric feature)

Jeffry

Frieza (first geometric feature)

Pai

Captain Ginyu

Blaze

Rikumu

Aoi

Dease

Sarah

Converter

Goh

Gurudo

Eileen

Nail

Kage

Zabon

Jacky

Doria de

Brad

Tsu

Shun</div></div> </div></div>

A small part of the reason Lei is so good is because a really strong offense can be built around P, PP, PPP and hai shiki p pk. You can check out the first clip which is Lei vs Brad and Lei vs Blaze and the second clip is Lei vs Taka. You can search the Lei's ring name on You Tube for more examples.

It looks something like this:

<object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i83_iv-k7ho"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i83_iv-k7ho" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MktVdQX2qa0"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MktVdQX2qa0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="560" height="340"> </embed></object>

19. ThisGuy

ThisGuy Active Member

That is so lame.

I've never seen F tier before. Anybody know why Shun is considered so low?

20. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Im totally confused why Shun would be so low myself