1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Version C Tier List

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Jide, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I bet a whole bunch of his stance transtitions are fully punishable, and the only way for him to get good striking damage is if he takes those risks

2. Emerald_Wolf

Emerald_Wolf Well-Known Member

OH. MY. GOD.

3. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
  4. Fu_unji_kun

Fu_unji_kun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    None Other
    cuz Shun cant get advantage anymore. you could nitaku after CH 3P in 5, but no longer in R.

plus, there are tons of disadvantage for shun in R (such as 8K+G, and 64P was deleted etc...)

other charas can decrease DP really easily in R, and Shun cant do anything if he doesnt have more than 6 DP.

there are too many disadvantage for him, so i cant write all of them here

5. Blackula

Blackula Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blackula1981
    XBL:
    BlackulaReturns
    OMG! Why did Brad drop so much?

6. Hazzerone

Hazzerone Well-Known Member

Cus he thinks he's on top.

7. PeJ

PeJ New Member

Heo
    Can someone expain me why Shun Di is A or S ?
    I am new there

8. ShinjukuATM

ShinjukuATM Well-Known Member

I dont know bout 5R ver.C tier list...
    but in VF every character has basically the same weapons to create a damaging offense.Some characters can cause higher damage than others with less effort,some have to take more risk to do high damage or do less damage in general...like in every other bemu too.
    VF balancing is nearly perfect so dont worry u get overpowered a lot once u know what to do 4 retaliation...

To get good retaliation u need the most important aspect of VF:A good defense...u need fuzzy guard,eteg,teg,knowledge of ur opponents moves and strings.While u learn more about the opponents offensive options the opponents offense gets weaker and weaker.If u got all that u come to hardest things to improve
    yomi and reaction time

9. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Tiers dont matter much in casual play.. Only maybe in highlevel Japanese tournaments.

10. ShinjukuATM

Could be true...
    Now to find out more about this: We know Fuudo won WCG 2009 with lowest VF5 ver.C tier gainst non japanese players.Was it just luck
    4 him to qualify amongst all them japanese top players or did he place constantly well in japanese tournaments?Does he have better and more constant results with his top tier VF5R Lion in Japan now?
    ...Itazan was better with his higher tier VF5 Shun than he is now with his dropped 5R Shun,wasnt he?

Could some of the hardcore followers of the japanese scene tell me bout results of top players like Jin,Homestay,Koedo,Chibita
    and how their results changed during the progress of VF and the tiers

11. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Ive always thought that tiers are mainly about how easy it is to do well with characters in low/mid level play.. You can win with any characters and the tiers overall dont matter that much..

12. ShinjukuATM

Hm?

13. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

Both statements say the same thing, don't they? Nothing to Hm? about.

14. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Apparently this is something thats not easy for me to explain in english.. I meant that tournament success in, say Europe-level is not down to what character you play. Some characters may be easier to play than others but its still down to personal skill, not the character. Im not really aware that anyone would have done any 'counterpicks'. There arent characters that would be so weak that you couldnt win tournaments with them. Weak != difficult to play is what I meant. With some characters you simply have to work a bit more.

Somebody else could give us their definition of a 'tier'.

15. Jemun

Jemun Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Double-Jemun
    Maybe they should name it Battier-List.

The higher the rank the higher the crazy shit you can pull off with the character.

16. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    No, they're actually slightly contradictory. They can't be only relevant in High level play and still tell you something about low/mid level play.

I think the tiers are formed with high level play and refer to that. If they were formed at Low or intermediate level they would be different. For example, Sarah is low on the list in VF5.c, but flamingo kills new players. They might argue (and they do, i've heard) that she's broken. Eileen is higher as you can play a low risk game and do decent damage, but she becomes a lot less safe if you can't hitcheck, fuzzy and ETEG.

I think the list changes again for online as well. new move become viable because people can't react. Zenk Flip [​IMG]

17. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    Sorry if I wrote incoherently, havent been feeling well today due to soemthing I ate.

I suggest we make a poll thread where people rank the characters according to their opinion, and there would be two polls, for intermediate level and high level [​IMG]

18. Fu_unji_kun

Fu_unji_kun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    None Other
    just played R these couple days, and i now understand why shun is at the bottom.

he doesnt have a lot of choises when he has less than 6 dp. and every charas can decrease dp in the combos and after k.o., so getting dp is much harder for shun now. however, i think he can be S or A rank when he has more than 10 dp.

i played with samejima (he uses vanessa mainly) and some of his friends yesterday, and i was remembered how hard to play againsr jp players. lol

well R is soooo much different w 5.

19. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Why? I mean, who really cares? VF is balanced "enough". The end.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  20. ShinjukuATM

He kicks the truth to the vfing youth!And anyway,who cares 4 that
    outdated tierlists.We are going to have FS soon