1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Versus City Renovated!

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 29, 2002.

By Myke on Mar 29, 2002 at 12:50 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    It took longer than expected, but Versus City has been finally given the much-needed overhaul. A summary of changes are listed below:

Versus City
    <ul type="square">[*]<font color=orange>Virtua Fighter</font color=orange> board renamed to <font color=orange>Junky's Jungle</font color=orange>. This board is for both general and gameplay related Virtua Fighter discussions. Junky's Jungle originates from the old Gamest/Arcadia Mook articles on VF (the players, culture, etc) just in case you were wondering.
    [*]<font color=orange>Q&A</font color=orange> is gone. The contents of the Q&A board have been moved into the relevant Help Center board (see below).
    [/list]

Help Center <font color=red>(NEW)</font color=red>
    <ul type="square">[*]<font color=orange>Character and Technique Training</font color=orange> is a new board for advice on Characters or learning how to perform various commands and techniques.
    [*]<font color=orange>Console</font color=orange> is another new board specific to everything related to the home console version of Virtua Fighter, covering topics such as game modes and features, joysticks, and save and replay files..
    [*]<font color=orange>Kumite</font color=orange> is an extension of the Console board dealing with questions and answers regarding Virtua Fighter 4's Kumite mode, Rankings, and Items.
    [/list]

Administration
    <ul type="square">[*]<font color=orange>Site Updates</font color=orange> will inform of any minor updates to the site and existing documents.
    [*]<font color=orange>Questions and Feedback</font color=orange> can be used by all registered users to ask questions, notify of problems and provide feedback on the site.
    [/list]

The other boards have been left as they are, and a link to the new is available from the Main Index for convenience. You'll also notice the additon of the <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/tour/>Tour Guide across the menu bar which provides some information on the various sections of VFDC.

Don't be alarmed if you can't find your old threads, they have most likely been moved to the appropriate board. Versus City moderators will nominate Choice threads within each board which they feel appropriately address the main topics discussed within. These threads will be made sticky and the subject field will be prefixed with <font color=orange>[VFDC CHOICE]</font color=orange>.

With this new structure it is hoped that Versus City will be easier, and more efficient to use, for both new comers and old timers. Finally, apologies for taking longer than I had anticipated and a big thankyou to Moby for his assisstance during the entire process.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Mar 29, 2002.

1. feixaq
      feixaq
      Very nice! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

It remains to be seen whether newcomers to the board will post to the appropriate forums (vs. posting any and everything to the first forum on the list), but, one can only hope for the best... =P
    2. Nutlog
      Nutlog
      Nice separation. Thanks.
    3. Blondie
      Blondie
      Congrats to you guys, Myke you rock!! This will definitely make it easier on the newbies, and probably give you Vets less of a headache. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif I'm happy all the way around. Now, let me see,"where to post?"
    4. Genie47
      Genie47
      He Myke!

Is the cute blue bunny on the VFDC banner part of the renovations or is it an Easter gimmick /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    5. Myke
      Myke
      The bunny, Usagi-san, is just in theme with the Easter holidays. But if I see one post asking how to get rid of this bunny I'll scream! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif
    6. SummAh
      SummAh
      I reckon usagi-san should be the official vfdc mascot~

Anyone that want bunny to be removed ought to be shot in the head~
    7. Chanchai
      Chanchai
      I WAN BUNNY!!!

(Memories of the "Brownie Dialogues" from the Singapore players pop into mind)

-Chanchai
    8. feixaq
      feixaq
      The only suggestion I would like to make is to put the Help Center (with the 3 forums) up top, followed by the regular Vs City forum.

This way, all the newbies that don't know how to use the search feature, are lazy/incompetent/unresourceful, or have IQ<50 can post their "How do I get beyond 1st dan?", "I need help with <insert character here>" posts over and and over and over again on the first (Help Center) forum they see in the list.

This way, I can safely ignore the Help Center forums. =P
    9. Myke
      Myke
      I've gone with FeixaQ's suggestion and rearranged the Category order so that the Help Center is up top.
    10. feixaq
      feixaq
      Yay! Thanks /versus/images/icons/smile.gif