1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Versus City Upgraded

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 10, 2002.

By Myke on Jun 10, 2002 at 12:29 PM
  1. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Versus City has been upgraded to version 6.0 of UBB.threads. There was a minor hitch along the way, but I'm pleased to announce the upgrade is complete, save for a couple of cosmetic touch ups to be done.

Please report any errors in this thread.

Comments

Discussion in 'News' started by Myke, Jun 10, 2002.

1. Myke
      Myke
      Friends Online under My Home is now working again.
    2. Myke
      Myke
      In case anyone is still having problems being "remembered" whenever they visit, then I suggest:

- logout of VFDC
      - close your browser
      - delete your virtuafighter.com cookie
      - open your browser
      - login to VFDC again (optionally check the "remember me" box)

I've also fixed up the quick-login on the main page. When logged in, you'll have icons for new PMs (if they exist), your My Home, Edit Personal info, Edit Display Prefs, and Edit Subscriptions. If you're not logged in, you'll be presented with a login form.
    3. GLC
      GLC
      Time offset

There's a possibility of setting a time offset but it doesn't work with time of private message.
    4. GLC
      GLC
      header error

Often when I go to "Home" from Versus City, I get the following error:

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/www/users/vfighter/index.php:17) in /usr/www/users/vfighter/versuscity/ubbt.inc.php on line 1710

It appears over the login box icons (I'm logged in each time).
    5. Myke
      Myke
      Re: header error

GLC, I'm getting this too and still working on it. It's a pain to figure out though, but hopefully I'll have it rectified soon.
    6. Myke
      Myke

Should be fixed now. Let me know if you're still having problems.
    7. GLC
      GLC

I clicked a few times and there were no errors - will let you know if it comes back /versus/images/icons/wink.gif
    8. Myke
      Myke
      Versus City upgraded to 6.0.1 which includes a bunch of bug fixes.
    9. Myke
      Myke
      Re: Time offset

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
      There's a possibility of setting a time offset but it doesn't work with time of private message.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed.
    10. Myke
      Myke
      Along with the latest upgrade, and in the interests of speeding things up, I've disabled new thread tracking on the main index. By doing so, I can save 2 queries per forum, and with 11 forums, that saves a whopping 22 queries! The Main Index has been cut down to 10 queries now, and hopefully should result in fewer MySQL max connection errors that have been cropping up lately.

New posts/threads in a board will be indicated by the icon for the board, and new post tracking on individual threads is still enabled inside the board, so you can readily see which threads have new posts.
    11. GLC
      GLC
      I've disabled new thread tracking on the main index. By doing so, I can save 2 queries per forum, and with 11 forums, that saves a whopping 22 queries!

/versus/images/icons/smile.gif But! The main index sucks now, bring the thread tracing back! Not only my opinion...
    12. HighKing
      HighKing
      Yes I agree with GLC. Without it, it seems a bit empty. /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif Just my opinion.

I bet a lot of people will agree. /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif
    13. Myke
      Myke
      OK I've re-enabled new post tracking on the main index. But if we start getting mysql max connection errors again, then I'm disabling it.
    14. death_raven
      death_raven
      either way will work for me.