1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Very few people fight online on PS3?

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by Spartan_Rambo, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Spartan_Rambo

Spartan_Rambo Member

Hello everyone, is it me or very few people fight online on ps3?

2. Seidon

Seidon The God of Battle walks alongside me! Content Mgr El Blaze

PSN:
    SeidonVFDC
    XBL:
    SeidonVFDC
    I think it depends on where you're looking. Virtually no one shows up in player match for me or room match but I can ALWAYS get a match in ranked.

I've been making open room matches recently in case people just want to play some non ranked. Get to see lots of names I have never seen before that way.

[​IMG]

3. KillaKen

KillaKen Well-Known Member

PSN:
    KillaKen
    XBL:
    KillaKen7
    For some reason, people love Ranked matches. That's where a lot of people are going. I just started playing more ranked because of this. I look for a room or a player match to get warmed up though.

4. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Room matches wont show up when a match is in progress, even if it's only half full. The matches only come up on search if they are in te lobby and nobody is in a match.I end up in packed rooms most of the time.

I do agree most play ranked though.

5. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I can never find matches on PSN whether its ranked, player or room. I have to specifically plan matches via the finnish irc channel..

6. spiron

spiron Well-Known Member

i rarely have trouble finding player or ranked, maybe i have to wait 30 seconds some times. i dunno seems to be a lot playing wiht a wide range of skill to me

7. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

I may consider the rank feature, because there isn't enough people who use player match. It's similar to an RPG to me, but so be it. I will choose LeiFei, because he is one of the characters that I'm least competent with, so I could gain more knowledge and fun.

8. complexz

complexz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    mistercomplexz
    I assume it's because I am in canada so it's already slim pickens when I go search local. Unfortunately I am in a canadian city that is far closer to major american cities, so most of my potential good ping opponents likely get filtered out [​IMG]

but I have no issue finding good ping games switching to worldwide in ranked.

EDIT: but yes... search in ranked, I play ranked constantly not because I want a good rank, I just play for constant matches against a variety of characters.

9. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Your Lei customization...

10. Lygophilia

Lygophilia Well-Known Member

You are referring to the other night? That is what I can dress him as at the currently, but I will should be more creative. I like black/dark concept clothes and red eyes.

11. steelbaz

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    Ah that's cool, g/l learning Lei, you're one of the few people i've seen using him online [​IMG]

12. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I prefer to play player matches and room battles personally because the ranking battles get old quick. If I put in the time to play ranked as hard as most of the people on my friends list on Live I would be no less than 10th dan by now but I don't like playing ranking matches alot but so many people stick to ranking matches that it forces me to play around in it for while. I tend to get more player and room battles on Live though

13. EmX

EmX Well-Known Member

For some reason my PSN ID does not keep track of "players met" in the section it has for it. There are people I wanted to add that I can't. Is this a glitch or is there a setting I disabled by accident?

Can I hook up a keyboard to compose messages an add people? I'm just used to using Xbox.com for that stuff.

14. TetsuyaHikari

TetsuyaHikari Active Member

Yeah, they dropped the ball by not including such a simple feature. I'm really surprised they didn't notice this before releasing the game. I hope it gets patched at some point, but I doubt it's a high enough priority (i.e. game breaking) for them to worry about it, honestly.

As for the keyboard, yes, you can use a standard USB keyboard to compose messages. I've been using the same Logitech USB keyboard I used to use back in my FFXI days from years ago on PS2, heh.

15. TheAwesomeAlex

TheAwesomeAlex New Member

I usually just pick player match go to custom and wait.. usually takes like 20 seconds

16. VFhayato

VFhayato Well-Known Member

I'll be online this week on my psn if anybody want some matches.

17. MrTorture

MrTorture New Member

This is the same for me, only been playing a couple days, and I haven't had a problem getting a match. I've played at 3am EST, and other times easy too.

18. HotApplePai

HotApplePai New Member

I agree..I always fight in a Ranked..With little or no wait.

19. HotApplePai

HotApplePai New Member

Originally Posted By: EmX
    For some reason my PSN ID does not keep track of "players met" in the section it has for it. There are people I wanted to add that I can't. Is this a glitch or is there a setting I disabled by accident?

Can I hook up a keyboard to compose messages an add people? I'm just used to using Xbox.com for that stuff.

Yeah, they dropped the ball by not including such a simple feature. I'm really surprised they didn't notice this before releasing the game. I hope it gets patched at some point, but I doubt it's a high enough priority (i.e. game breaking) for them to worry about it, honestly.

As for the keyboard, yes, you can use a standard USB keyboard to compose messages. I've been using the same Logitech USB keyboard I used to use back in my FFXI days from years ago on PS2, heh. " I concur.