1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF 3tb still rocks like crazy in japan

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by nascarbryant, Oct 20, 2000.

1. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

I have been quite impressed as I saw how sucessful V.F3tb still is in Japan.It seems that some peole newer get bored of this game they always find new aspects in this fighter,well i think some of us can agree with this if we still play this game after all this time... According the new Famitsu it's on second position behind sega's horse simulation....(see dailyradar.com news 20.october)
    And this after 4 years?!? Many other fighting games were only able to stay for a very short time in the top ten.
    Does anybody know how famitsu does make this statistics or is it only a favourite list of themselfs....I think not this number 12549 does hint towards something else....I don't understand why this chart is so different then the magicbox arcade-chart(no source)http://magicbox.come.to.....

2. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

hiro sez, and i quote: "nobody plays VF3 in japan anymore but they do play VF2"

thus spake hiro, and so it must be true.

tb ain't #2 in japan, i'm sure of that. there's a truckload of different numbers and statistics that you pull out of the arcade industries ass. operator earnings, operator's favorites, game company earnings, game earnings, # of kits sold, # of dedicated units sold, earnings from individual games, gameplayer preferences and so on. i've seen these lists and the best thing to do is not trust them. just find some japanese guy and/or some VF'er who's been to japan recently and ask them what game was being played the most.

--
    "A chem bla deshembla blurr fuh bli fouzh"

3. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

VF2 is *still* a pile of fun. A whole pile.
    I kid you not. Piles, sir.

GE
    -when Clem was in Japan this summer he said that he
    never wanted for competition on a VF machine but that
    those dancing games were *hugely* popular. Huge.
    Really. Huge.

4. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

yeaah i agree Vf2 was a magnificent game and it is still. it was way ahead of it's time..........everbody remembers: perhapps the most beautyfull stage in history Shun's ride on the Jangtsekiang river(with the cool bridges.....or Akira's psycho counter-system, could people preform that kind of torture........If past the weekend playing VF2 on Saturn..........(my dreamcast is broken and no arcades have got the real thing)