1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

vf 3tb.......uh.......

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by gaishou, Mar 9, 2002.

1. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

just got a copy of 3tb. its been a while since playing it, and i am now realizing how slow it feels to 4......wow...

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

My view is that VF3tb has a lot of "Awkward Speed." What I mean by that is that when you play VF3tb without being used to the timing of the game, your game looks clumsy and awkward and the game seems quite slow when that happens. It's quite heavy in VF3 and VF3tb. However, when you get used to the game, I personally think VF3 and VF3tb is quite fast.

In fact, I feel that VF4 is slower than VF3 and VF3tb, but the animations look really nice and give it a polish that looks kinda fast.

Maybe it's just me... but VF3tb still seems to be a pretty good speed to me. Then again, I love axis whoring with Lion.

-Chanchai

3. gaishou

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

." What I mean by that is that when you play VF3tb without being used to the timing of the game, your game looks clumsy and awkward and the game seems quite slow when that happens.

<hr></blockquote>

VERY AWKWARD.....timing is wayyyyy off........there is almost no reach with throws.....so it feels....

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I prefer to say timing is wayyyy different/versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Especially when it comes to things like throw countering and what not. In terms of throw countering, input the throw right when you have finished recovering.

Throw ranges are important to know, and in general... Heavies have good throw range, everyone else doesn't. However, dash in throw attempts have a higher chance of working in VF3tb since throws are pretty much 1frame in execution so to speak.

I also recommend you use the E button for dashing. b+E, f+E, etc... Crouch Dashing requires much quicker inputs than VF4 for sure.

Anyways, the thing with VF3 and VF3tb is the timing of inputs are generally strict. When you get used to it, you should start to see the change pretty well, and the game will start looking either smoother or just much more defined with direction. To some degree, you can almost immediately tell how well versed someone is with the game just by watching how well their character flows.

-Chanchai

5. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

hell, i'll still play vf3 when im a grandad:)

6. gaishou

is it me or do the range of throws seem to be 'very' close...gimme vf4.....