1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF 5:FS traffic via PSN

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by seyu, Sep 4, 2012.

1. seyu

seyu Well-Known Member

PSN:
    volX
    Hey Guys!

Im moving to a dorm soon which limits the traffic I can use in one month to 20GB. So apart from setting up a router to even get my PS3 running on the dorms network, Ill need to watch my traffic, so I wont be our of internet after a few days.
    I already read some statistics for online games on PS3, but those vary a lot (like 300 mb for 6 hours MW3 and 120 mb for 14 hours Star wars:tor), so Id like to ask if someone knows how the avarage traffic for Virtua Fighter 5:FS is.
    If nobody knows Ill measure it myself over a few days and post the avarage here, in case people are interested in it. That could take a while though...
    So if somebody knows about this Id be really gratefull, if youd tell me.

2. Vencabot

Vencabot Well-Known Member

I don't know, no, but, if Sega handled the network programming correctly, it shouldn't be very much at all; there's no streaming video or audio (well, if you're listening to headsets, that'll eat up quite a bit of data), and sending commands back and forth and refreshing lobbies should be an extremely minimal amount of data.

That being said, there are some features of VF5FS which put some network-programming noobishness on display, and so I wouldn't be surprised if they borked it, somehow, so you'd have to test. I'm interested to hear your results!

-David