1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF 5 to be shown tomorrow at AM Show

Discussion in 'General' started by 3of19, Aug 31, 2005.

1. CrewTW

CrewTW Well-Known Member

Re: Nice hi-res pic of Sarah

The pic must have been sized down or had some information cropped out. VF5 is a 16:9 aspect game. In fact all Lindberg games are 16:9 games. The actual resolution of the game should be 1280x720.

At worst the next standard 16:9 resolution is 1024x576 which is 576p. I doubt they would use an old resolution that is not native HD and hardly used in Japan.

2. nou

nou Well-Known Member

Re: Nice hi-res pic of Sarah

The demo movie looks pimp. I don't know what some of you guys are expecting...unless you want that shit to jump out of your tv.

3. ries

ries Member

I think you have a better idea. Let poeple lightly touch up the first two costumes as normal and then add a completly new third costume where MAJOR appearence changes can be made all the way from how they are dressed right down to their phys. appearences too (hair, eye color,maybe a few scars, tatts., etc.) . Clothes are definately a nice touch because they add personality to the fighters. I hope that they consider the idea of adding multiple clothing types for each fighter (gen. and char. specific) a full-blown color edit would be even cooler though (complete w/gradiation system) and last but not least on clothes maybe some patterns would help out too (flames,animals,etc.)Multi-tier arenas would be nice too. Some may disagree but I rarely see a fight stay where it started and if realism is what they're after I believe that this idea is a good place to start. Not to mention that it probably wouldn't hurt to get a new boss either. Also tell me what did you think of the other post I made a few days back. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Ehh...the Linbberg name..just poor choice of a name....Hoping it was just an ignorant decision.

5. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

Finaly a game worthy of my attention

6. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

Online Play??

I just came across some interesting tidbits..

It's said that when VF5 was shown at Jamma, the list of features suggest that network play between arcades will be possible. Of course, this is just speculation at this point, but it would sure follow other previous network play enabled games that Sega has been putting out recently. This probably still doesn't mean we will be able to play online overseas, but it doesn't hurt to hope. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. TheMkr

TheMkr New Member

8. yoomazir

yoomazir Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    TheMkr said:

Same trailer in 1280 x 720

http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=13994

[/ QUOTE ]

THX man,that video show much much more details.
    Wow,just wow.
    *EDIT*
    hmmm in that video Jeffry's arms look stange...like if they where burned or very hairy...
    And you can even see a vain on Wolf's forearm.

9. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

10. Painty_J

Painty_J Well-Known Member

goddamnit i dont want intros and fancy showoff stuff i want to see a fight

11. CrewTW

CrewTW Well-Known Member

That looks AMAZING. At VF5's native resolution the game almost looks like a CG movie. People playing VF5 on a normal TV will get the same experience as watching the low res clip vs the high res clip.

That high res clip just looks phenominal.

12. Painty_J

Has there been any actual gameplay footage yet or just promo videos?

13. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

yes

no

14. Painty_J

Well in that case
    [ QUOTE ]
    At VF5's native resolution the game almost looks like a CG movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably because it likely IS a CG movie.

15. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Painty_J said:

Well in that case
    [ QUOTE ]
    At VF5's native resolution the game almost looks like a CG movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's probably because it likely IS a CG movie.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unlikely. When Sega showed all the clips at E3 they asserted that it was all realtime.

Plus, Power Smash 3 looks equally, if not even more, impressive graphically then VF5, and they've already had that game out for location tests so it's proven gameplay graphics.

16. Katana0103

Katana0103 Member

I have one question:
    is the Lindbergh a kind of consol for example ps2 or ( becaus of the new graphic standards) ps3 ???

17. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

VF5 Release Date

Some words came about VF5's release date in Japanese arcades... it seems to have settled on April of 2006. Only 6.5 more months now....

edit: sorry, I meant 2006

18. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Katana0103 said:

I have one question:
    is the Lindbergh a kind of consol for example ps2 or ( becaus of the new graphic standards) ps3 ???

[/ QUOTE ]

Its Sega´own new arcade hardware.
    Its same generation hardware as XBox360 and PS3, only slightly less powerfull.
    Essentially it has third generation shaders etcetera but remains a budget solution based on PC like architecture.