VF an e-sport cross over game?

Discussion in 'General' started by masterpo, Jan 4, 2019.

1. masterpo

masterpo VF Martial Artist Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    lastmonk
    Could VF be the cross over Arcade fighter for e-sports?

Most of the viewers who watch e-sport fighting games actually play fighting games of one sort or another. But what fighting game will cross over to appeal to spectators that don't actually play fighting games but like watching a good fight?

Games like Street Fighter, Blaze Blue, Mortal Kombat, SC, Tekken, etc can be confusing to the uninitiated and non gamers. With all of the pyrotechnics and special meters and gauges its hard to know what going on if you don't already know what's going on. But VF is clean, simple and its clear whats taking place during a match and why one fighter has the advantage over the other. None of this rage-art- reverse-edge-magic-last-minute-meter-glowing-presto stuff that can turn the obvious loser into the surprised winner (shocking everyone who is spectating!)

I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think as more and more of the general public tune into e-sports fighting games, the games with the more realism will get the most attention and win out in the end. I could be wrong, its just a hunch. But I'm thinking if VF ever truly gets into the e-sport fray its going to be a major contender. Virtua Fighter is spectator friendly. The other 3D fighters involve too much (insider baseball) for the non gamer. I'm thinking the ultimate winners for 3D fighting game will be.

UFC for sports combat simulation
    VF for 3d arcade fighter

These games can go "reeeeallly" main stream because the uninitiated general public can understand whats going on during a match they are spectator friendly. All the other fighting games that currently are dominating the e-sports scene largely appeal mostly to other gamers. e-sports ultimately want to appeal to the broadest possible audience. I think that means good news for VF in the long run.

Or is this just wishful thinking:cool:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I can understand, why soul calibur is up there, with those games.
    But I would put, Soul Calibur 1 (dreamcast version), in a completely different category.
    Heck, even Soul Blade as well.