1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF-Anime

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by nascarbryant, Nov 17, 2000.

1. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

What's your opinion about the VF-Anime is it cool or is it bullshit...........i saw some episodes.......still it wasn't enough to make a solid opinion about that anime...

brumm,brumm,brumm,........akira always says .......you have betrayed the rules of the martial arts ........and who betrays those rules has to be punished...i remember a guy who was working on a translation project of that anime he was posting in the VF petition on ign..he was quite surprised about the many postings ...........allthough he wasn't a VF-gamer he thought that the propability of a tv chanel buying the translated anime would be bigger if many people particapated on the petition,,,,,

2. Guest

Guest Guest

You saw some virtuafighter anime as well?! Well when I went to goto.com and typed in (you guessed it) virtuafighter anime it gave two site the first one is okay the other who knows but take a look you might...(might) enjoy it

3. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

What's your opinion about the VF-Anime is it cool or is it bullshit.

I have seen a few fansubed episodes of the anime. I think its pretty cool. I like the way the combine action and fighting with comedy, kind of like they do in Ranma 1/2. I hear that its out in the US now. I look forward to seeing the rest of the episodes.

-DMan-

4. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Yeah so far there have been 5 volumes released commercially in the U.S. by Anime Works, each with 4 episodes each and dubbed. Not a bad series, of course I wasn't especting a whole lot so I wound up liking it.

5. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

"i bet sal is going post on that thread any minute now"

i bet some of you are thinking that since my preaching about this series on irc. :p

i'll keep it short.

I have seen the whole series (28 eps.) bootleg of course., and I like it a lot! . now they only reason i liked it it was cause naturally im a fan of vf. this series has everything against it for other people not to like it, first of all its a TV series so the animation ranges from aaight to terrible, the plot is just like the game (which sickenly enought i like!!). and people might say "hey this is not the serious type of fighting game anime i was expenting, this sucks" . in other words you either love it or hate it. so if your looking for kick ass animation, deep plot, and serious stuff then you'll hate the shit out of this series. on the other hand (ahh, did i say i was gonna keep this short.....sucker!!!), if you want a really funny anime (the jokes are even better if you have played the game), wanna see vf characters being silly, and LOTS and LOTS of fighting , and characters using their trademark moves (i swear you'll be saying "oh he did TFT, pppk" oh she did ESK, pounce!!" oh...... lots of shit man), then you'll enjoy this anime. i remember not seeing this anime way back when i had a better chance at buying it (its hard to find even on bootleg) just cause the reviews were so brutal!!!, but years later i got a hold of it and boy was i surprised, the story is actually TRUE TO THE GAME with only a few changes here and there (so akira eats a lot, the game story didnt tell us everything, the anime adds to it :p ).

regarding the few episodes that are out, i wouldnt bother getting it as they are DUBBED and only DUBBED,thats the only reason thats stopping me from getting it. they only way im getting this is if subtitled tapes were made or a DVD box set is out subtitled ONLY (they can include the dub if they want as long as they give me a choice).

so thats it , its a great series but only for fans of the game.

trivia: this anime was actually preety popular in japan (from what i've read), go figure.

[​IMG]

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chalk another one to the haters.

7. Sudden_Death

yep, ice-9 didnt "get it". :) hehe

[​IMG]

8. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

I have seen the whole series in Italian and I thought that it was well done. The dubbing in Italian is really good. It has a nice story and it is fun. The story is like the one in the game but there are a few corrections. Akira eats food 24hrs a day and picks on Jacky a lot. Oh and he is really a commedian. :) The only thing that bores me to death is the AKIRA trademark scene before the fights. The moves in the anime are actually explained like the SPOD which is a combination of different techniques which was used to defeat the original DURAL.

Overall it is a nice anime. And did I say that AKIRA eats like a pig? RAVIOLI here I come. LOL

CIN

9. Sudden_Death

"The only thing that bores me to death is the AKIRA trademark scene before the fights"

yes, its really annoying. its the same as watching sailor moon go thhough her transformation. its funny too cause you'd be saying "oh god, not again!!" :p

[​IMG]

10. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

But why doesn't Jacky have one? He mysteriously changes to his VF2 tanktop outfit! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

Don't know about true translations, but the dubbing on the announcer focusing on the attacks is horrid.... almost always finishing with a word that ends with -able... Not to mention the nonsense Akira spews everytime he's about to fight.

Maybe those elements just killed the series for me completely.