1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF ARENA

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Blitzball Champ, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Blitzball Champ

Blitzball Champ Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    I am thinking about this being done around early June, either a Saturday or Sunday. Thoughts?

Tricky likes this.
  2. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    https://challonge.com/j80vbfhz Hey folks! @SNAKE BOSS and myself will be hosting a VF2 tournament on Sunday, June 28th at 7 PM EST on Xbox! All participants are welcome to register and play. Use the link above to register. If anyone has any questions, let myself or SNAKE BOSS know. Thanks a bunch!

SNAKE BOSS likes this.
  3. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Hey folks! Planning on running a tournament to celebrate 200 episodes of VF Arena. As it gets closer to 200, I will prepare a date for the tournament. It will be a PS3 tournament since the last tournament that was ran by myself and Snake Boss was Xbox. Be sure to keep an eye out and start spreading the word! There will be prizes as well! Thank you all for the continued support for VF Arena, and for VF in general! God bless!

Tricky, VFnumbers, DomAug and 2 others like this.
  4. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I'm loving that both consoles are getting online tournament love now a days.

DomAug, Blitzball Champ and Cmoney like this.
  5. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    I'm thankful that I am able to stream on both!

Tricky and DomAug like this.
  6. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Hey folks! Got a question for y'all. So I am currently at 195 episodes of VF Arena, and wanted to celebrate reaching #200 by holding another VF5FS tournament. Now lately, I have been alternating between PS3 and Xbox 360/One, and I wanted to ask y'all this. I was gonna originally do one tournament on PS3, since the last tournament I hosted was VF2 on Xbox 360/One, but what do y'all think about me doing 2 tournaments, one on PS3, and the other on Xbox 360/One? I was thinking of doing one on Saturday, and one on either Friday or Sunday, depending on what would work best for everyone. All that are interested, let me know your thoughts! And of course know that both tournaments will have prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place! Thanks y'all!

DomAug, Cmoney and Tricky like this.
  7. Tricky

I support doing it on both consoles

Cmoney and Blitzball Champ like this.
  8. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
  9. Tricky

will you be doing it on parsecs too?

10. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Nope.

Tricky and MadeManG74 like this.
  11. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
  12. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    Nice. I'm itching to get back into VF again so count me in.

Blitzball Champ likes this.
  13. Cmoney

Cmoney Well-Known Member

Will rank points be added for VF Arena also??

14. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    That's actually a good question. @Tricky @MadeManG74 How do y'all usually do rankings?

15. Tricky

The Elo ranking system I have can be done pretty easily. You just need to write the names of the players in an excel file(i can send to you) and at the end of the day just send it to me and I'll post the new rankings. It won't be the rankings from the vfdc site, the ELO I have is a tad different.

And yes please run it ranked! Love to see more players get their points

16. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Interesting. Sounds neat. Now in your opinion, because I usually run open room matches, would you suggest a different format, like maybe save ranking for when I do tournaments? I guess I am just curious on how I could actually run VF Arena where rankings can be included.

Thanks a bunch!

17. MadeManG74

MadeManG74 Moderator Staff Member Tournament Manager Silver Supporter

You just need to provide the challonge/smash.gg brackets and submit them into the rankings page. When you're at that stage I can walk you through it, but it's very simple :)

18. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Oh ok. Cool deal! Thank you!

MadeManG74 likes this.
  19. Tricky

For my ranking system, you can do it arcade-style, no need for brackets of a tournament. The more matches you run between players the more accurate the ratings become. Our VFDC ranking is measuring tournament performance while the ELO I have is measuring player skill. Similar metrics but different in many ways.

20. Blitzball Champ

PSN:
    Blitzball_Champ
    XBL:
    Blitzball Champ
    Hmm, interesting. So what is the best way that you track the matches, just write down the names in the session and just track the win/loss records of the session? Sounds like a lot of work.

Tricky likes this.