1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Circuit Live???

Discussion in 'General' started by daRockReaper, Apr 17, 2013.

1. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Ok, I brought this up on Shoutbox and wanted to here everyone's thoughts on it. I was wondering how you guys would feel about a offline version of the VF circuit. Maybe a trip to Sega Cup next year on the line. I know that's a bit extravagant for a community this sized but it could work well for tournament seeding for Sega Cup and other VF tournaments. It can also promote more offline play in general in locals and meetups.

I want everything about this to be up for discussion from sites, advertising, finacing, sponsors, prizing and everything else. I would love for this to actually happen, so let's keep it serious guys.

If you have any thoughts, ideas or general comments on anything leave them below.

00000000 likes this.
  2. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Organizing this type of event would be a big deal and Akai did mention if someone wanted to do something special like this in a particular area was willing to take charge in a specific part of the country in getting things set up some real plans would be discussed. It is a great idea and I want to take part in it too but we need a general consensus on how everyone wants to do it from the UK, France, East Coast, West Coast, etc. If you want to see it through in our area go on ahead and step up we have place where we can have it in our local area too if we have it in the DC area too. Lets just see what the other people on VFDC say though.

3. daRockReaper

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Belive me I've been thinking about this for a bit I would like to get a DC ranbat Codename VFDC but going too but I wanted to start looking for venues first If you have any ideas that would be great.So far I was going to start checking out confrence rooms. But I have been thinking about this on a world wide level a bit.

EC would probably be best represented at Final Round (Maybe Winter Brawl too but it may be to early in the year to act as a qualifier)
    WC would probably be best reprented at SoCal Regionals (Level|Up's relationship with Sega would be great if we could get them on board
    I'm not sure about the midwest I would have said UFGT but Texas Showdown fits the time frame before Sega Cup
    France Has to have there qualifier at WCG that's a no brainer if we could get this together
    I'm not sure about UK's scene and Majors and I don't want to have only one spot from Europe
    Asia has to have two spots too So maybe one in China and one in Japan

Or maybe we could have our own standalone events Im not sure if segregating ourselves from the rest of the FGC is the brightest idea

But honestly, that is a lot of capital to be spent just on trips for prizes. I'm not sure how we would shrink that down fairly.

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    There was some discussion, early in the year, to see the interest level. For it to happen there will need to be more people stepping up to help organize this. My experience with running just the online portion was that it took a huge chunk of time and effort. We will see how things pans out...

5. daRockReaper

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Yeah but with a full year until hopefully next year's Sega Cup, I think we could get something together.

6. daRockReaper

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Ok I'm bumping this I may not be the best person to do this but I'm damn well gonna try @BLACKSTAR @Shag @Plague @cruzlink2 Pretty much any other TO on here, You guys interested?

7. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    I mentioned before that I'm all for this idea. I've already done a couple of tournaments already, so I can see what I can do to help. If people want to move this thing forward, I can post my ideas on where to start.