1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Circuit Prize: Street Fighter X Tekken Arcade FightStick VS Edition

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by MotorCityJacky, Mar 9, 2013.

1. MotorCityJacky

MotorCityJacky Well-Known Member

Greetings everyone,

As a courtesy to the sponsors of the VFCircuit, and a review in general, i am sharing with you my experience with the 'Street Fighter X Tekken Arcade FightStick VS Edition' arcade stick.

First of all, big thank you to MadCatz for sponsoring the circuit. It would have been fun without prizes, but we appreciate your support! Thank you.

I'm not an eloquent writer so i'll keep this brief. Simply said the Sanwa components are awesome. Precise, with good actuation. I didn't learn on a ball top however, so i found that a little awkward. no problem there as one can simply replace the ball with a bat as you will see later in my pictures.

For $199 USD you get a sturdy base unit with great Sanwa components. If you can't build your own, this is a great stick.

TLDR; Thank you MadCatz. Since i don't have the time or tools to build myself a perfect fit, this stick is a great product ready to go off the shelf. I liked it so much for XBL play, i bought another one for PS3.

Here's some pictures and commentary:

At first i was like:

The setup that got me there:
    [​IMG]

This is my trusty old Arcade in a Box stick that i bought for VF5 Vanilla.

It has since been modded to include the very same stick from the VF2 machine i used to practice on at my local arcade. Also Sanwa Buttons:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Out with the old and in with the new:

Whoops, i opened the wrong end:
    [​IMG]

MMMmmmm... Candy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new unit in place:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Glamour shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It wasn't too long before i decided i needed to make this stick more my own, especially with my PS3 edition, the one i am taking to Sega Cup.

Eight buttons? who needs them. i need 3, and then a 4th off to the side for the back button.

So i bought some parts and went to town. First i voided my warranty and opened the cases:

[​IMG]

I wanted the Green, Blue, and Red buttons from the Xbox unit for a true VF feel on my Sega Cup Stick:

The transplant begins:
    [​IMG]

Changing the switches for good measure as i have been doing a lot of mashing lately:

[​IMG]

Changing the Ball top on the Sanwa stick to a Bat top:

[​IMG]

Capped off the unused holes and reconnected the wiring:

[​IMG]

The new button layout:

[​IMG]

The Bat top:

[​IMG]

VFnumbers, Chibiaya, Daydream and 2 others like this.
  2. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Wow this is cool Ima have to get me one of these eventually. But honestly I really was distracted by that Rug you got there on the floor. That rug is boss. and that TV too.

3. Daydream

Daydream Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Daydream CE
    Why is your stick on a tower above the post office? And it's totally blocking the way from the Church. Way to plan a city dude, no wonder there's no cars there, looks very VERY dangerous.
    On another note, very nice pics and cool setup man. I like the way you modded it.

ZBEP, Tocuh and blossy1000 like this.
  4. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    that is amazing, dude.

you have a car city mat?

5. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

the kids i baby sit for have that run on their floor !! I've played on those roads.

6. MotorCityJacky

MotorCityJacky Well-Known Member

For what is a play room without a proper play mat?! This is how champions are made!

ExzetyXat1 likes this.