1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Circuit: Season 1 Summary Thread

Discussion in 'VF Circuit' started by akai, Aug 14, 2012.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    There have been multiple times where disconnects or issues occurred in the middle of the brackets in which people bring it up on shout box to have things resolved.

If everyone in the bracket has a mic, it allows communication within the room. However, not everyone in the bracket has a mic. Some people say mic also might add additional lag, I am not sure. The only thing everyone shares on Circuit is VFDC account. So the shoutbox is a good way to handle immediate issues.

2. phanatik

phanatik Well-Known Member

XBL:
    I phanatik I
    Mic or not we all have text on XBL (which my bracket is using). I get what you're saying, and I'm sure you get me as well. For what it's worth, I think meeting in a room 15 minutes in advance should help with organization and the start of the brackets.

3. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    360 Round Robin #3 has ended. Thanks for everyone participating! In the 360 League's three round robins - we had 52, 43, and 48 players participating, respectively. Feedback is always welcome and would be appreciated.

Next up is PS3 League Round Robin #3 - on Monday, September 10.

To Do Lists
    1. Sign-Up Thread and Rules regarding to the September Major.
    2. Update VF Circuit Blog - PS3 League Round Robin #2 Results
    3. Guidelines pertaining to laggy matches.

Seeking Feedback on Streaming
    Someone sent me a message about streaming that I thought I would asked about here.

Based on what I know about room matches (based on Sega reps): the connection between players fighting within a room are not affected by the spectators. Thus, the reason I stated that these events can only be streamed by someone not participating in the bracket.

I was told yesterday, that it might have an effect. Opinions on this? From yesterday's Bracket 1, 2, and 3: anything unusual with your connections?

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I had to use wirless last night, the connection was slightly laggier than usual but I doubt the stream was causing it.

5. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    PS3 League Streaming
    Jaidin had volunteered to help stream the next roud robin bracket. Thanks! Just to make it clear. The person streaming, is a spectator not participating in the bracket that will be streamed. If there are other people who would like to volunteer stream other player's brackets, let me know.

September Major (the 15th and 16th)
    Going to be posting sign-up threads soon. The format is still worked on, but currently the rules are:

1. No Character Switching
    2. First Portion of the Major will be a Round Robin.
    3. Final Portion of the Major is Single Elimination. (Debating on single match or 2 out of 3)

360 League Divided into
    Europe
    Eastern North America
    Western North America

PS3 League Divided into
    Japan
    Europe
    Eastern North America
    Western North America

Rematches due to Lag
    This was brought up in the last round robin. A rematch was requested by one player due to lag. The other player obliged, and so they did a rematch after all the other matches were finished. Since lag is something that always will be a factor for online play, I don't want everyone to ask for a rematch due to lag.

Not sure what would be the best way to deal with lags for a rematch, a possible solution is when playing a match and there is extreme lag:
    1) the player that does not want to continue the match stops playing immediately and state the issue.
    2) The match is skipped until all other matches in a bracket are finished.
    3) If the opposing player agrees lag was an issue, they redo the round in which the issue occurred. If the opposing player disagrees with the player that stopped playing, the opposing player may take that round as his/her win and finish the remaining rounds.

How does that sound?

6. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    The Circut have its own forum section on VFDC now (Thanks Myke!). I will be transferring stuff to this section from the blog. Email will still be used to send reminders / updates for those that don't visit VFDC regularly.

Chibiaya and Chanchai like this.