1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Circuit September Team Battles (Online - PSN and XBL)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by akai, Sep 16, 2013.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    VF Circuit - Season 2 News Thread
    Team Battle Rules and Guidelines
    Season 2 Team List

This month will be short and will run into October since it started late and because this will be the first time these team matches will be played. It will take a bit longer to get everything running smoothly (trial and error!). If you made a team and its posted in the Season 2 Team List thread, you should have received a Group Conversation from me. Some have already written their team's plans for the month. Thank you! I will be updating this post based on those Group Conversations.

This is what Season Teammates need to do: Talk amongst yourselves to get a general idea of your teammates' regular schedule. That way, when teams are paired off, it will make scheduling the team matches a lot more efficient!

By Thursday morning, I will be setting up the paired teams Group Conversation for the Season Opener matches.

Matchmaking
    PSN Europe
    PSN EU #1A - Warmhoorsemikku (Kingo, Away) vs VirtuaStrikers, Team α (Tocuh, Home)
    PSN EU #1B - VirtuaStrikers, Team β (Sozos, Away) vs FFF (Nowhere, Home)

XBL Europe
    XBL EU #1A - King of Scrubs, Team α (Pana, Away) vs Big Stick Owners (Manjimaru, Home)
    XBL EU #1B - FFF, Team α (Chibitox, Away) vs King of Scrubs, Team β (Pana, Home)
    XBL EU #2A - FFF, Team β (Away) vs Winner of XBL EU #1A paired Team Battle (Home)

PSN North America
    PSN NA #1A - Badass Fire Monkeys, Team β (daRockReaper, Away) vs Shift (Wiztick, Home)
    PSN NA #1B - Virtua ME (samtheseed, Away) vs Badass Fire Monkeys, Team α (SoulTruth2013, Home)
    PSN NA #1C - SoCal Scrubs (Away) vs #LVFGC (Home)

PSN NA #2A - AoPaPa (Away) vs Winner of PSN NA #1A paired Team Battle (Home)

XBL North America
    XBL NA #1A - VFLive, Team α (DigitlSamurai, Away) vs AoPaPa (MisterRadon, Home)
    XBL NA #1B - Taste My Rudeness (Phanatik, Away) vs VFLive, Team β (Craigbot, Home)

XBL NA #2A - Virtua ME (Away) vs Winner of XBL NA #1A paired Team Battle (Home)

Monthly Squads Participating in "September" First Hurdle! :p
    PSN EUROPE
    Warmhoorsemikku
    VirtuaStrikers, Team α (Tocuh, Junsuina, Darksoul)
    VirtuaStrikers, Team β (Sozos, Shinobi, JDS)
    FFF

XBL EUROPE
    King of Scrubs, Team α (Godel, Unicorn, Pana)
    King of Scrubs, Team β (Kahn Rahn, Kingo, Aidan)
    Big Stick Owners
    FFF, Team α (MakileSushi, N_o_where, Chibitox)
    FFF, Team β (Iorikyu, KingCrimson, Kingheim)

PSN NORTH AMERICA
    AoPaPa
    Virtua ME
    Badass Fire Monkeys, Team α (Valakrie, Soultruth2013, VFNumbers)
    Badass Fire Monkeys, Team β (BG_Akira, Toydingo, daRockReaper)
    SoCal Scrubs
    #LVFGC
    Shift

XBL NORTH AMERICA
    AoPaPa
    Virtua ME
    Taste My Rudeness
    VFLive, Team α (EvenPit, KADAJ, DigitlSamurai)
    VFLive, Team β (Craigbot, Fortune, Bloodstyle)

P.S. For those interested in Team Battle events, you can register a team anytime during the season.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  2. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Sorry for the delay, first post updated with the first group of paired team matches!

Divisions where we have an odd number of teams will have one team play after the other teams finished playing.

Again, talk with your teammates to get a general idea of your schedule. I will be setting up group conversations between the teams that will be playing against each other after sleep. In those group conversations is where an agreed time and date will be set. Expect some bumps that we need to go over, before we can get this running smoothly.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  3. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Copy and paste message:

Here are the 1st matchups. Please let me know who will be the "captain" or the coordinator of your team(s) so that I can set a group conversation between the two teams so that a date and time for your matchup can bet set.

Edit: Note that when the group conversations are made, suggest several different dates and times so that each side have more than one option available.

4. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Hi Akai, Guys.
    Took me a long time to find back this thread :eek:
    Had to go through my email box to find the link.
    Shouldn't it be placed under the "VF Cicuit" section. I mean if you create a section about VF Circuit (which is a tournament) why posting info about it in the general tournament section ?

There is already a lot of different theads for this team battle it can be a bit confusing, maybe keeping them in one place would be better ?
    Anyway Akai thanks for organizing I realize it must be very time consuming, just feedbacking on what I/some other feel to help improving.

As for the TB first matchup.
    I will ask here if our first opponents (King of Scrubs, Team β (Kahn Rahn, Kingo, Aidan)) are available early next week ?
    The reason is I'll be on hollidays from the 7th so wee need to know if it's possible for you guys to play before that.
    If not possible is end of the month OK with you from 29-31 ?
    Otherwise we will have to change team composition etc.:confused:

5. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Next week shouldn' be a problem. :cool:

6. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    What's going on with our opponents?

7. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Chibitox - thanks for the feedback. The reason I post the "events" stuff here instead of VF Circuit forum section, is that it might get additional attention from the non-VF-Circuit people. Because there are many different threads, the group emails were what I used (or tried) to inform people of the "important" threads and updates. Even though I ask people to give me an email address that they actually used on a regular basis, it might not be the case or it is in your spam folder (it is a large group email).

Either way, I will think about your suggestions to improve the league thing.

Digitl - tonight, even if I don't get any sleep I'll get this moving forward. I just got very busy with work and sidetrack with other VF-related stuff :ninja: .

Craigbot likes this.
  8. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    First team battle match-up time and date set -

XBL NA #1A - VFLive, α Squad (Away) vs AoPaPa (Home) - September 30, 2013, 8 PM EST

Also - VF Circuit Directory
    Please use this as your go-to thread for anything related to the Circuit.

9. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Several other teams have almost got their paired matches ready to go. For those that will be playing at times in which I cannot be present, please keep a detail record of the paired match.
    Also, write in the character being used "(XX)". Thanks! The template is shown below:

Set 1 (2 Matches per Set – Save and upload all matches) -
    1. Matchup 1 - Team 1, Player Name (XX) vs Team 2, Player Name (XX) – Results (0-0 ; 0-0)
    2. Matchup 2 - Team 1, Player Name (XX) vs Team 2, Player Name (XX) – Results (0-0 ; 0-0)
    3. Matchup 3 - Team 1, Player Name (XX) vs Team 2, Player Name (XX) – Results (0-0 ; 0-0)
    Set 2 (2 Matches per Set - Save and upload all matches) -
    1. Matchup 1 - Team 1, Player Name (XX) vs Team 2, Player Name (XX) – Results (0-0 ; 0-0)
    2. Matchup 2 - Team 1, Player Name (XX) vs Team 2, Player Name (XX) – Results (0-0 ; 0-0)
    3. Matchup 3 - Team 1, Player Name (XX) vs Team 2, Player Name (XX) – Results (0-0 ; 0-0)
    Set 3(2 Matches per Set, if needed) -

10. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Tonight, Team Of Scrubs A played against Team FFF, here are the results:

Set 1

1. Matchup 1 - Team KOS B, kingo (AO) vs Team FFF, chibitox (AK) – Results (3-2 ; 3-1)
    2. Matchup 2 - Team KOS B, Aidan (JEA) vs Team FFF, MakiLeSushi (VA) – Results (3-0 ; 3-1)
    3. Matchup 3 - Team KOS B, Kahn Rahn (AO) vs Team FFF, no-w-h-ere (GO) – Results (3-2 ; 3-1)
    Set 2
    1. Matchup 1 - Team KOS B, kingo (AO) vs Team FFF, MakiLeSac (VA) – Results (3-0 ; 3-0)
    2. Matchup 2 - Team KOS B, Aidan (JEA) vs Team FFF, no-w-h-ere (GO) – Results (2-3 ; 1-3)
    3. Matchup 3 - Team KOS B, Kahn Rahn (AO) vs Team FFF, chibitox (AK) – Results (0-3 ; 3-2)
    So I guess Team of Scrubs B won ?

Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  11. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Team of Scrubs is winning the Team Match, but Team FFF could still tie it.

For Matchup 1 - King of Scrubs team won both sets, so no need to play Set 3 (no chance of FFF to tie or win it at Set 3). Matchup 1 points go to King of Scrubs..

For Matchup 2 - It is a tie and should go to a third set. This Matchup point can go to either teams.

For Matchup 3 - this Matchup is leaning toward King of Scrubs team (W-L-T, 1-0-1), but FFF team can still even the score by winning Set 3, so Set 3 for this Matchup should be played.

Does that make sense?

12. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    I notice from the group conversations that some groups have trouble finding a time that works for their group. Try to schedule within one week. Be proactive!

A suggestion on how to schedule your team match when you have so many people with different schedules...have a little chart made up! It works wonder for me when I have to schedule a meeting of 5 different busy people.

Team Players Unavailable Times
    Monday
    Unavailable from Time X (Player A)

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

So every player can fill in their time they are unavailable, and then you will find a time slot that works for you guys to play! Make note of time zones!

13. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Ok.. everyone in both team was understanding the same thing: we didn't need to play a Set 3 unless Team FFF completely win the Set 2.
    Guess we will shedule an other date for Set 3.
    It wasn't clear how to count the points when the issues of every match up was different during a set.
    Set 1 was easy to figure out since TOS B won all the match ups.
    But Set 2 ? Not sure

14. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Walkthrough for people using Team VFLive (Away) vs Team Aopapa (Home) matchup
    - Team Aopapa Captain (MisterRadon) declares himself for Matchup 1
    - Team VFLive Captain (DigitlSamurai) declares himself for Matchup 1, and declares Crashem8000 for Matchup 2 and KADAJ757 for Matchup 3
    - Team Aopapa decalres Dipstick for Matchup 2 and SilentNephilim for Matchup 3. Akai is bench player and sits out.

1. Matchup 1 - Team 1, DigitlSamurai (JA) vs Team 2, MisterRadon (LI) – Results (0-0 ; 0-0)
    2. Matchup 2 - Team 1, Crashem8000 (JA) vs Team 2, Dipstick (AO) – Results (0-0 ; 0-0)
    3. Matchup 3 - Team 1, KADAJ757 (VA) vs Team 2, SilentNephilim (AO) – Results (0-0 ; 0-0)
    All three match-ups are played simultaneously in Player Match mode.

15. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    Matchup 1 - Team 1, DigitlSamurai (JA) vs Team 2, MisterRadon (LI) – Results (1-3; 2-3
    MisterRadon won both

16. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Set 1 is finished with the results

1. Matchup 1 - Team 1, DigitlSamurai (JA) vs Team 2, MisterRadon (LI) – Results (1-3 ; 2-3) 0-2 for Team Aopapa
    2. Matchup 2 - Team 1, Crashem8000 (JA) vs Team 2, Dipstick (AO) – Results (3-0 ; 2-3) 1-1 a tie between the two teams
    3. Matchup 3 - Team 1, KADAJ757 (VA) vs Team 2, SilentNephilim (AO) – Results (3-2 ; 0-3) 1-1 a tie between the two teams
    Players that lost or tied in their match-up can be switched or substituted (if you have bench player)(bolded players). Winners stay where they are.

17. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    In between sets, teams discuss amongst themselves and can watch replays form set 1. Team VFLive decides to switch their player around for Set 2. Set 2 matches commences...

Set 2 (2 Matches per Set – Save and upload all matches) -
    1. Matchup 1 - Team 1, KADAJ757 (VA) vs Team 2, MisterRadon (LI) –
    2. Matchup 2 - Team 1, DigitlSamurai (JA) vs Team 2, Dipstick (AO) –
    3. Matchup 3 - Team 1, Crashem8000 (VA) vs Team 2, SilentNephilim (AO) –

18. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Set 2 (2 Matches per Set – Save and upload all matches) -
    1. Matchup 1 - Team 1, KADAJ757 (VA) vs Team 2, MisterRadon (LI) – (0-3) (1-3) Team Aopapa wins
    2. Matchup 2 - Team 1, DigitlSamurai (JA) vs Team 2, Dipstick (AO) – (1-3) (1-3) Team Aopapa wins
    3. Matchup 3 - Team 1, Crashem8000 (JA) vs Team 2, SilentNephilim (AO) – (0-3) (0-3) Team Aopapa wins
    For Matchup 1 - Team Aopapa won both Set 1 and Set 2, no need to play Set 3

For Matchup 2 and 3 - Team Aopapa won both matchups in Set 2, but tied in Set 1. So Set 3 will need to be played (Team VFLive can still tie it).

The way team battle works is that each match-up is worth a separate amount of points (1 for loss, 2 for tie, 3 for win). So after each team battle you can get a maximum of 9 points or a minimum of 3 points.

Players that have been switched or substituted cannot be moved again.

Set 3 (2 Matches per Set – Save and upload all matches) -
    1. Matchup 2 - Team 1, DigitlSamurai (JA) vs Team 2, Dipstick (AO) –
    2. Matchup 3 - Team 1, Crashem8000 (JA) vs Team 2, SilentNephilim (AO) –

19. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Set 3 (2 Matches per Set – Save and upload all matches) -
    1. Matchup 2 - Team 1, DigitlSamurai (JA) vs Team 2, Dipstick (AO) – (1-3) (1-3) Team Aopapa wins
    2. Matchup 3 - Team 1, Crashem8000 (JA) vs Team 2, SilentNephilim (AO) – (1-3) (0-3) Team Aopapa wins
    So overall, Team Aopapa won all three matchups

20. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Sorry, for the confusion. Are you still not sure about Set 2 after what I wrote?

I need to write the rules better...also why I wanted to be present in the beginning to guide people through this. The way team battle works is that each match-up is worth a separate amount of points (1 for loss, 2 for tie, 3 for win). So after each team battle you can get a maximum of 9 points or a minimum of 3 points (it may be less if you have rental player).