1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Circuit September Team Battles (Online - PSN and XBL)

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by akai, Sep 16, 2013.

1. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Because you argue just for the sake of arguing? :D.

A 3rd turn for a Ring in which a team had already won the first two turns...

Turn 1, Ring 1 - Team A wins over Team B (current score 1-0-0 for Team A)
    Turn 2, Ring 1 - Team A wins over Team B (current score 2-0-0 for Team A)

Possible Outcomes if Turn 3 is played for Ring 1
    Outcome 1 = Turn 3, Ring 3 - Team A wins over Team B (end score is 3-0-0 for Team A in Ring 1. Team A wins Ring 1)
    Outcome 2 = Turn 3, Ring 3 - Team A ties with Team B (end score is 2-0-1 for Team A. Team A wins Ring 1)
    Outcome 3 = Turn 3, Ring 3 - Team A loses to Team B (end score is 2-1-0 for Team A. Team A wins Ring 1).

All outcomes, Team A wins Ring 1, so there is no need to play Turn 3 for Ring 1 in the above situation. To make a 3rd Turn obligatory for a Ring already won no matter what the outcome is...that would be pretty arbitrary. I think Unicorn explains this in an earlier post.

2. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Right now, the Team Circuit stuff is going through two major hurdles:
    1. people scheduling a date/time and not showing up to it;
    2. complicated and/or unusual rules
    The first hurdle, I can't do much about that. The second hurdle, based on feedback can be adjusted as needed. So I would still like all the teams to at least played that first battle to get feedback and to decide on the future of the Team Circuit stuff.

On the topic of scheduling dates/times:
    The team circuit stuff really does require each team (and their teammates) to be proactive. I was hoping that being in a "team," people would take more of an effort to remember the dates and show up (basically not letting your teammates down and the other team you are playing). People not showing up on a scheduled date and time wastes other people's time.

3. kingo

kingo My bitch G0d3L is a scrub Content Manager Aoi

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    PSN EU #1A - Warmhoorsemikku (Away) vs VirtuaStrikers, α Squad (Home)

Warmhoorsemikku
    (Away) vs. VirtuaStrikers A (Home)
    Set 1
    1. Ring 1 - Warmhoorsemikku, Pana (JA) vs. VirtuaStrikers A, Tocuh (JA) - Results: (3-0 ; 3-0)
    2. Ring 2 - Warmhoorsemikku, unicorn (WO) vs. VirtuaStrikers A, Junsuina Chikara (AK) - Results: (0-3 ; 3-0)
    3. Ring 3 - Warmhoorsemikku, kingo (AO) vs. VirtuaStrikers A, Shinobi (LI) - Results: (3-0 ; 3-0)
    Set 2

1. Ring 1 - Warmhoorsemikku, Pana (JA) vs. VirtuaStrikers A, Shinobi (LI) - Results: (3-0 ; 3-2)
    2. Ring 2 - Warmhoorsemikku, unicorn (WO) vs. VirtuaStrikers A, Tocuh (JA) - Results: (3-2 ; 3-0)
    3. Ring 3 - Warmhoorsemikku, kingo (AO) vs. VirtuaStrikers A, Junsuina Chikara (AK) - Results: (3-1 ; 3-1)

Set 3
    1. Ring 2 - Warmhoorsemikku, unicorn (WO) vs. VirtuaStrikers A, Tocuh (JA) - Results: (3-0 ; 3-0)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  4. Tocuh

Tocuh Well-Known Member

PSN EU #1A - Warmhoorsemikku (Away) vs VirtuaStrikers, α Squad (Home)

Warmhoorsemikku
    (Away) vs. VirtuaStrikers A (Home)

Set 3
    1. Ring 2 - Warmhoorsemikku, unicorn (WO) vs. VirtuaStrikers A, Tocuh (JA) - Results: (3-0 ; 3-0)

Edit: great, now it just looks like I'm reposting it instead of completing…

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  5. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Thanks again to the teams that have played their team matches. Unfortunately majority of the assigned team battles have not been played for various different reasons.

As the team battles requires more effort on the individuals participating to coordinate the running of the team format, it appears that the way it is setup is currently not feasible. So I apologize to everyone that signed up for the team Circuit. This does not mean that there will be no team-based event in the future, but that the current format (players themselves set up/coordinate a time to play) will not be used. There will likely be a set date/time team-based event for December.

Again, I apologize to everyone. I still look forward for constructive feedback on Team-related stuff so that we can create a team-based event for those seeking such organized-play format.

6. PoisonKid13

PoisonKid13 Well-Known Member

PSN:
    AngerTheMasses

I hope we can do this again. I had a great time. Very good experience.

7. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Does that mean the Team Battle thing is cancelled until December ?

8. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Basically, yes. A couple points to make (everything is tentative):
    • The December Team event will be a set date, tentatively, Sunday December 15, 2013.
    • The format for the team matches will be similar to the Japanese VFR format. I am thinking however to make it 2 matches for each player though (2-0 and winning player stay, 1-1 tie both players are eliminated).
    • Your team does not have to be your "season team" that was used in the "Team Battle" experiment.
    • For those that have already played their team battle matches, you will get some "points" for the purpose of seeding/placement for your December team if needed.
    • To integrate the individual monthly qualifiers with the Team-based December event. Participation and placement in those events will be used for seeding and placement.

Cozby, h3artb3at_LV and kingo like this.
  9. kingo

PSN:
    kingofvf5
    XBL:
    kingofvf4
    Nice :D

10. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    So for those that are interested in doing something team-related on a monthly basis, try getting your "teammates" to participate in the individual monthly events. They gather points that will contribute to more favorable positioning for December (which hopefully will be attended more with several months head notice).

So yeah, blatant advertisement for this :p : http://virtuafighter.com/threads/27...-october-qualifiers-online-psn-and-xbl.18345/

11. DigitlSamurai

DigitlSamurai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    DigitlSamurai
    XBL:
    DgtlSamurai KOF
    I'm sorry to hear about this. Hopefully the new format will work better.

12. SilentNephilim

SilentNephilim Well-Known Member

PSN:
    SilentNephilim
    XBL:
    SilentNephilim
    Well i'll be looking forward to the new format and will try to participate ^_^

13. EvenPit

EvenPit Well-Known Member Content Manager Eileen

Ok cool Im in.
    @akai Do I still have to fight Phanatik or is all that stuff reset for December?

14. akai

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Your team does not need to play the match anymore.

People who still have not played their team match, but wants to, are more than welcome to try it out. Points will be given.

Bloodstyle, Craigbot and EvenPit like this.