1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Vf Compilation

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by adamYUKI, Jan 19, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Actually in addition to Mr. Bungle's VF Archive, Sal (piccolo), and myself probably have one of the best VF footage archives around. Sal has footage from several VF2 and VF3 tapes, as well as mooks etc. I have camcorded footage of most of CrewNYC's trip around the country and Canada during our few years of playing the game. We could put everything together for a VF archive. This would take time though, so if there is HUGE interest perhaps this is something we should do for the public.

CrewNYC :)

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

2. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, you know I'm totally for the archives (it should practically go without saying). I wish I alone had the power to make it so, but all I can say is "go for it/images/icons/smile.gif"

BTW, are you guys ever going to have spare time for some "foreign visitors?" (VF matches)/images/icons/tongue.gif Then again, I've been so busy...

-Chanchai

3. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

i'd be interested..

how would you choose to store, copy and distribute the video footage? by vidcapping it, or editing it onto a vhs tape or two (or four or five)? or other?

not sure if any sort of electronic archiving can be done at all with the mooks.

4. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

COOL!
    I'll really love to have these movie archives.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'PSO '

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Boyd and Jesse from Minnesota came up with an idea that I was also curious about. Regarding Mooks and physical documents.

Basically, taking them apart and scanning them in (high quality, color, etc) and making them into PDF documents stored on CDs (since they would just be huge after all that).

If I had two sets of every VF mook, I'd definitely do it myself, I'd probably actually get it professionally (I guess) done.

Yeah, yeah, it's not my information to distribute (breaking my beliefs), but Gamest's publisher is gone now and I don't know if there's any more they'll get out of it in general and if there's anyone to ask anyways.... Besides, I think Japan would have more to worry about Hong Kong than say, the Western + HK VF community/images/icons/tongue.gif

-Chanchai

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd say go ahead,no matter how long it takes you could always do a little bit each day right?I don't exactly have tons of Virtua Fighter memories,I can remember playing part 1 and 2 a lot,and part 3 at first.One of my local arcades still has VF3 but I haven't had good competition in ages,recently they put a real weird stick on one side,LoL.Anyway,I'm sure there's some VF3 competition around here,I just gotta find it.Anyway,I think it'd be awesome to have an archive,even though I'm way more into Capcom fighters,I still think a Virtua Fighter archive would be a great idea.
    -GohanFan-
    P.S.Wow,I can be redundant,LoL.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Oh,I forgot to mention,if you told IGNDC.com or Segaweb or even Sega about it,they might advertise for you.(In other words put up a news story about it on their site).
    -GohanFan-

8. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

I'd be very interested in seeing this stuff,even if you only put up a couple of movies a month It would still be more than we usually get

9. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

sure......get it on.............