1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF@COUCHWARRIORS R1: Mar 31 Melb Australia

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Berzerk, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Berzerk

Berzerk Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    VIRTUA FIGHTER 5 will be played as part of the Couchwarriors Fighter's Festival.
    At every CouchWarriors event there is room for casual play with a focus on learning the game and there will be a tournament and other special events.

Come join to test your skills or learn some new tricks and support your game and community!

WHEN
    Saturday March 31, 12pm-9pm (Afterparty 9pm till late)

WHERE:
    Solei Bar and Lounge
    694 Mt Alexander Rd, Moonee Ponds, VIC, 3039
    (Close to Tram, Train, and Parking)
    Cost: $10 Entry + Tournaments
    Facebook invite: https://www.facebook.com/events/246364382121289/

Games include Street Fighter X Tekken, SSF4AE, UMVC3, Soul Calibur 5, KOF13, Virtua Fighter 5, Dead or Alive 5 (Demo), BlazBlue, SMASH Bros Brawl/Melee and more.
    Full tournament schedule, food menu and more will be available on www.CouchWarriors.org

----------------------------
    More Event Info:

CouchWarriors, the long standing events group and heart of the Melbourne Fighting Game Community - announces its return for 2012 with a something different for its series of special monthly events.

The first of the new CouchWarriors Fighting Festivals will be on March 31st from 12pm to 12am. Tournaments will wrap by 9pm, with after-party till late.

Going beyond the scope of a regular tournament, this will be a gamer’s party with a bigger emphasis on the social experience, in a large bar and lounge venue with food and drink available on site.

This means not just social games and tournaments, but special events, training, giveaways, fun sideshow activities and more.

SPECIAL EVENT
    SOUL SYMPHONY AT VIDEO GAMES UNPLUGGED -
    In conjunction with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and Bandai Namco CouchWarriors be running a Soul Calibur 5 qualifier. The Top 4 will gain entry to play on stage as eminence orchestra plays the music of Soul Calibur 5 to a live concert audience and stand to win glory and unique prizes including signed copies of the game by the producer and composer of the game.

GAMESPOT COVERAGE
    www.Gamespot.com.au will have a dedicated page to mirror the event stream and will be supporting the event with news and editorial coverage.

LIVESTREAM AND WEBSITE:
    Visit www.twitch.tv/couchwarriors or visit Gamespot.com.au for an event mirror.
    Full tournament schedule, food menu and more will be available on www.CouchWarriors.org

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/couchwarriors
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/couchwarriors

2. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Blaaaaargh!! I'm busy running a stall at a different event that day! I'll see if I can make it later in the evening.

3. Berzerk

Berzerk Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BERZERK_DC
    XBL:
    Gunstar Red
    We missed you Kenny! Good turnout with Soul Calibur being the feature game but a nice bump in interest for VF as well, we got 20 competitors and here's the top 8

VF
    1)AlexMD
    2)Berzerk
    3)Cactus
    4)CM
    5)Borgie
    5)THK
    7)Plasia
    7)Burnout

I put Alex into the lower bracket with my Pai vs his Wolf and he got sharp, efficient revenge in the final with Akira, which was streamed on www.twitch.tv/couchwarriors and should be in the archive somewhere.

4. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Sorry Berserk, I remember asking if the VF portion will be streamed and completely forgotten to follow up on it -_-;;

Awesome to see a nice turnout for original VF5 [​IMG]

5. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Daaaaaaamn, Myke got smoked or something?

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

lol, no

Myke lives in Sydney and this was a Melbourne event,although I'm sure we'll see him down here in the near future [​IMG]

Thanks to Berzerk for pimping VF to the masses and organizing the event as usual.

7. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
  8. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    I thought Australia had a sophisticated kangaroo transit system to get around. [​IMG]

Anyways, congrats to you and berzerk! (badass anime, full respect) [​IMG]

9. Kruza

Kruza Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Kruza
    I see four different archived video streams at the CouchWarriors TwitchTV site. Which one is the VF5 final match on?

Kruza

10. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

http://www.twitch.tv/couchwarriors/b/313424432

starts around 1:07, sadly the people on commentary are SF players, also this is the first ranbat of the year so we both haven't really played in 3 months :p

I ended up coming 3rd in Soul Calibur, originally the top 4 were going to play in front of the orchestra but it ended up only being the top 2 [​IMG] .

I was suffering from old man reflexes that day and despite beating the guy that beat me in tourney convincingly in casuals, I just ate lows into 50% wall combo's when I played him in tourney :p....also fuck Soul Calibur.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Sorry I couldn't be there guys! Was a hectic weekend for me being the first day of a soccer season where I'm both playing and coaching, all the while managing my recovery from a chest infection.

Great to hear the turnout you got, and will do my best to be down there for SS2K12. Will kick back and watch the stream later!

Alex, shame about missing out on that amazing Soul Calibur prize. When I first read that announcement I thought about playing SC hardcore just for this tournament. That thought lasted for around 0.14 seconds. [​IMG]

12. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

Nice Akira!

13. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

You guys should see Myke's Akira, you probably can't get an idea on a 1 bar XBL connection but that shit is SCARY.

I once played Myke 50 games straight then put on the movie the Exorcist as a point of comparison. I laughed the whole way through it! [​IMG]

14. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin
    Not surprised. You learn a lot about Akira when you face opponents like the legendary execution mukky akira.

15. MAtteoJHDY

MAtteoJHDY Well-Known Member

KO stop sucking up to Myke