1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Evo 2: Rumour

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by PhoenixDth, Feb 10, 2004.

1. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

quote:
    "Unconfirmed: Sega-AM2 is allegedly working on a follow up to their smash hit Arcade/PlayStation 2 fighter - Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution. Dubbed Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution 2 (yes, not very original), the game will include new moves/combos...although it is not clear whether it will feature new characters. It is still upto debate whether it will show up at next weeks AOU.

Also, In a recent interview; Makoto Osaki (President of Sega-AM2) confirmed that Virtua Fighter 5 would not be released on existing technology (Triforce, Naomi 2, Chihiro) and would instead, be released on a new arcade board."
    / end quote

man this is ghetto. . .

2. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I knew this like 6 months ago /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

3. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

but instead of calling it ver C or ver D. they're calling it VF Evo2

DUM DUM DUM!!! segas so clever.
    i guess if theres new moves also (Oo)

4. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

theyre calling the next next one Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution 2: Revolution... then the next one VF4: Evo 2: Revo 2....

5. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I would take this with a grain (or more like bag) of salt, considering whoever has written it apparently doesn't know that Mr. Osaki isn't the PRESIDENT of AM2. That's Hiroshi Kataoka. Osaki is the chief producer.

6. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

lol, VF will turn into the SF series lol.
    Virtua fighter 4 evolution 3rd strike alpha!

7. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    [ QUOTE ]
    Zero-chan said:

I would take this with a grain (or more like bag) of salt, considering whoever has written it apparently doesn't know that Mr. Osaki isn't the PRESIDENT of AM2. That's Hiroshi Kataoka. Osaki is the chief producer.

[/ QUOTE ]]

erm where it say that the president said this in the quote unless i've missed a website

8. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    PhoenixDth said:

Also, In a recent interview; Makoto Osaki (President of Sega-AM2) confirmed that Virtua Fighter 5...

[/ QUOTE ]

^^^^^^^^^^^^ There it is =).

(Aside) If you believe everything you read, better not read.

9. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

This is stupid, either vf is getting stupider, or you are stupid for believing this horse shit. Either way it's stupid. And Jide, your signature is stupid, vf is not matrix, there are no rules you can break.

10. Jide

PSN:
    Blatant
    Shanger FUCK YOU! :p

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

With VF5 supposedly around the corner, another Evo upgrade makes no sense to me. However, I would gladly buy the PS2 version of "Evo 2" if they got rid of the <font color="red">piece of shit</font> save system we have now. I hope Sega does the right thing for VF5.

12. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Dre good one. Imagine version c style memory card systems. I would play like 10 different versions of your costumes all with the highest rankings for each. /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

13. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

A-fucking-men... fuck the save system. I would pay 2 copies of evo2 to fix it.

14. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shang said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I agree so much with Shang, bloody saving made me very disapointed. I would also pay double price for a copy of VF:Evolution "Better Save Disk". /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I heard a while ago, after Evo came out, that "Evo isn't exactly Virtua Fighter 5, but its a nice break for the 6months of waiting for the next title in the series." It was in an Australia PS2 magazine, and hints for signs of the next Virtua Fighter title, probably 5, but its been nearly 6 months since it appeared in that mag. So...is it close? Dought it, Sega would only finish the game if they need some spare cash.

15. EmpNovA

EmpNovA Well-Known Member

Re: VF Evo 2: Rumour IS FAKE OMG THIS IS NOT REAL IS IT!>!?!@

[ QUOTE ]
    Shang said:

[/ QUOTE ]
    No way dude this new system loads so much faster and is more efficient and arcade like.

16. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Where did it say anything about a PS2 version? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

There have been rumours going around for some time now, mainly originating from VF4BBS (some of which I've posted), regarding a new version being worked on, with new characters, moves, etc.

Personally, I'm excited at the idea of the new version and I couldn't care less what they called it.

17. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

Same here, I think it's time for a new version and I hope they include Taka or a smaller sumo with the same movelist.

18. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

Evo is still too much for me, but it'd be great to see a new one cause with Sega I believe it will be better than Evo.

19. Mysterious_Red

Mysterious_Red Well-Known Member

im having doubt whether ps2 will even be able to handle VF5 with its hardware & all.

20. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I also heard that Sega is going to put chibita's face on lion's in-game model in the next revision of VF.