1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Evo 2: Rumour

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by PhoenixDth, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

The rumors of Evo2 came from a text mistranslation on AM2's site ages ago, apparently. At least, that's what Fishie told me. Babelfish = not reliable.

2. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    stompoutloud said:

konj.. are you still playing earthbound on snes again?

[/ QUOTE ]

My hat goes off to Earthbound the Snes RPG legend /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

and my hat... or toque... as well /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

Re: VF Evo 2: MORE JUICY Rumours

"More news coming in about Sega's alleged Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution follow up. The game will be called Virtua Fighter 4 Final Evolution Second (mouthful or what?). As well as Sega allegedly working on a new VF4 title, they are also working on a new F-Zero title, strangely named F-Zero AX Monster Raid...no concrete details are available for either game but both are expected to be present at this weeks AOU fair."

fun stuff to talk about no?
    /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. Brisal73

Brisal73 Well-Known Member

I wonder if it will be on test in Japan...In say about a month? /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

6. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]

VF5 should be released exclusively for the Atari 2600.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yea. With 4kb of memory to a cartridge sega cant go wrong with that option.

7. hikarutilmitt

hikarutilmitt Well-Known Member

With this being from magicbox (WIDELY known to print rumor as fact), let me be the first to give this a VERY hearty eyeroll.

Not to say I wouldn't be happy to see it happen, but jesus, I can't believe them, especially since they're reporting about VF5 being in production, what, 3 weeks late?

8. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Actually, consider this a public apology but we kinda dropped the ball on VF5.
    It wasnt supposed to be confirmed yet and the interview went online before Osaki had a chance to read the final revision and reword his official answer.

9. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    source: http://members.at.infoseek.co.jp/K_Takuno/index.html

Rumours are coming in thick and fast it seems.

The so-called followup to Evo is being called "Final Tune" according to many unofficial sources in Japan (like the one above) and people are expecting some news to be revealed at the upcoming AOU show this weekend.

10. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

So 5 is on the old engine and reworded final tune while 6 will become 5 and pulled forward by a full year?

This be confusing.

11. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Fishie, what are you talking about? VF5 and 6? I don't take too much stock in rumours myself. I've learnt to stop holding my breath for an update to Evo since last October when I posted rumours about Evo Ver.C or D.

I'll continue to enjoy what I have now right in front of me.

12. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

I heard that in "final tune" all the fatalities are completed but they changed the motions for them. Apparently they've re-worked the stages to make them more "pink" and during arcade play there is a voice that screams out "ahhh pepper" at random (we think its Lau's father). Also, whenever you're in the dojo stage and Akira Yoho's you, press down on your joystick and and hit your start button; if you do it right you get to play as Underdog (he has Grape Ape's move set and Pai's voice...CrAzY!)

GE

13. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

I quite like the name "final tune", it definately suggests another iteration of the VF4 engine, perhaps less significant that Evo.

Fingers crossed VF5 dosen't appear on the Atomiswave...or whatever Sammy call their cheap PowerVR arcade board. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

I just fucking hope new sega ceo(sammy) doesn't dictate what games Sega should or should not produce.

stupid pachinko king~

15. Saurian

Saurian Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    they are also working on a new F-Zero title, strangely named F-Zero AX Monster Raid...no concrete details are available for either game but both are expected to be present at this weeks AOU fair."

[/ QUOTE ]

Bruv these people you're getting this info off dont have a clue what they are talking about. F-Zero AX Monster Ride was announced last year on the F-Zero.jp website, it's out in Japan's arcades and has even been demoed here in London. It's not a new game - it's a new cabinet.

[​IMG]

Best game/ride ever BTW /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

16. stalwartsamurai

stalwartsamurai Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Saurian said:

Best game/ride ever BTW /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

I asked a very reliable source of mine about this yesterday, and apparently it does seem now that there is some substance behind this rumor. We should have some news on Friday night (in the states, that is) from the Saturday AOU.

It seems logical, now that I think about it, because lots of JP players were getting antsy wanting a "version C" of Evo while waiting for the eventual VF5. (Maybe that's why we weren't supposed to mention it?)

If it's true (it is still iffy), it makes me happy for more VF, but it irks me a little because it feels like something Capcom would do. I'd like to think that AM2 is better than that.

And what of a console version? I honestly don't think we'd be seeing another revamped VF4 on the PS2 again. Consumers wouldn't be happy about it. But an XB version... hmm...

18. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    If it's true (it is still iffy), it makes me happy for more VF, but it irks me a little because it feels like something Capcom would do. I'd like to think that AM2 is better than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? ever since VF3 they've proven they love re-releases. a new version celebrating corrections here, a new version celebrating better stage color and correcting there, a whole new game, new move sets, alterations to existing move sets...this seems to be what the VF franchise is all about. Incremental alterations!

I think its more along the 5 minute culture exhibited by Midway than Capcom, at least they put a tilde after the title!

GE

19. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Basicaly from what I have been told and from earlier comments from Kataoka and AM2 to investors and financial press AM2 was working on what they called VF5 and VF6, one on current hardware and one on future hardware, one to be released in 2k5 the other in 2k7.

Looks like both are getting their names rebranded and brought forward, possibly to keep momentum going.

20. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Zero-chan said:
    And what of a console version? I honestly don't think we'd be seeing another revamped VF4 on the PS2 again. Consumers wouldn't be happy about it. But an XB version... hmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would Sega produce an Xbox port instead of a PS2 one? I don't see the logic in that. From what I understand Evo sold reasonably well in all territories, and when you factor in the cheap development costs (tweaked engine from VF4 on PS2 ) it probably made Sega quite a bit of cash.

Porting it to Xbox would cost allot more and the smaller installed base would mean less sales.

I'm willing to place a big bet it'll be announced for PS2 soon after the arcade release.