1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Evo 2: Rumour

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by PhoenixDth, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Tsobanian

Tsobanian Well-Known Member

Re: VF4 FT info

I hope that they've added new charas as well! /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. TrojanX

TrojanX Well-Known Member

I have no doubt regarding the gameplay, once again it will be proven that VF4 series is the best thing since slice bread. What I'm hoping though is they change all the music to something allot more high-octane.

The music in VF1,2 & 3 are great and so memorable, VF2 most especially (go back and listen to Jacky's music, it's so heavy when you're deep into battle). Music makes a big differences when it comes to fighting games and sadly, imho, there were only 3 stages with great music on Evo (Jacky, Sarah and Wolf) and 4 on the original VF4 (Jacky, Sarah and Lei Fei, Dural). The rest really doesn't do it for me and deters me a little...

AM2, better improve the music to an overhaul and give different interesting/spetacular stages so we (or all) VF players can really feel refresh and prepared for the long wait for VF5.

Here's an idea... VF4 has a really LARGE fighting 3D backdrop, the simple solution is why don't they give the player an option to select which part of the back of the background they wish to fight in? I'm very sure everyone would love to fight within the walls on Sarah's stage, watching everything falling so close beside you... So the way to implement it is this:

1) Players pick their character

2) Players then pick their main stage

3) An Bird-Eye-View map of the stage selected highlighting options (probably 3-5) of which part of the scenery you wish to fight.
    [​IMG]
    We can fight on the docks platform over there! Ring out by falling in water!

Excellent, that's variation for you!

Wishful thinking but we'll see... Bring it on!

3. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

Agreed about the music. VF2 and 3 had superb music - memorable and really got you fired-up during the match. VF4's music is more like background music (restaurant or elevator) - you're seldom conscious of the tunes and they don't really add atmopshere to the game.

As for stages in FT, I doubt they'll depart from flat arenas as that's what the whole animation system is build around. However, some new stages for Brad and Goh would be nice, and maybe even some reworked stages from VF3 (ie flattened /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif).

4. _stroppa_

_stroppa_ Well-Known Member

I'd like Brad to have a stage that would be like a Thai-Boxing ring or something. that would be cool, you could have whores and lady-boys at the side of the ring cheering for Brad and his mad pimp shirt.

As for Goh, maybe just fighting down an alley somewhere would cut it for him.

5. TrojanX

Yeah we know that they'll do that though, but I'm VERY sure that you and many other people while playing VF4 this thought came into your heads:

"Hey... WHY CAN'T WE FIGHT OVER THERE? Imagine what it would be like..."

Why imagine it when it isn't that hard to implement it to happen. Look at this AOI stage:

[​IMG]

You see the far background with the pillars? Think about it, 2 side ring outs and each corner is a breakable pillar. Of course for the other two sides it could be closed off, maybe put people there with a fense. Afterall, remember the whole VF series IS a tournament and I think the spetators worked out nicely on Wolf's stage.

Atmosphere is what it's all about and kick ass music DOES complement the atmosphere. Question... Why was Akira's VF3 stage one of the most selectable stages on versus and dubbed "The Fighter's Arena"?

I'm not asking for uneven arenas, I'm asking for interesting/kick-ass arenas with kick ass music to go with it. That what made us crazy before and it will make people continue with that craze including myself.

Sega should learn to provide plenty of icing and cherry as well as providing a good solid cake. This is why company's like Namco steals so much thunder from Sega but that's another story...

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

IMO, vf3's music was whack....... was abit too much "background" for me. VF2 & 1 music was by far the best, they were like proper melodies, and suited the characters better. /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Akira's VF2 music > all

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    _stroppa_ said:

I'd like Brad to have a stage that would be like a Thai-Boxing ring or something. that would be cool, you could have whores and lady-boys at the side of the ring cheering for Brad and his mad pimp shirt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brad's stage should be set in the playboy mansion. That way he can go right back to charming the ladies after he wins (they like his "Dum-dums").

8. Chill

Chill +40 DP Content Manager Shun Gold Supporter

PSN:
    Chill58
    XBL:
    Chill PKG

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And when he hits the ropes in the ring they shatter /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

9. TrojanX

The greatest thing that disappointed me about VF4 (or should i say AM2) was how they lied in their first VF4 promo movie. I'm still YET to see all the lapsau bongsau counter and parry exchanges that was performed by Pai and Lau. Even the footage with Akira doing something similar against another character.

*shakes head* ... I doubt they would give us a teaser/sample of this exchange system in VF:FT but if it's going to be in VF5 i say they better practise in VF:FT while it's coming.

10. PhoenixDth

PhoenixDth Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    LPC73 said:

check out the logo...sweet if you ask me

http://www.sega-am2.co.jp/vf4ft/

[/ QUOTE ]

is that oldschool jacky knee i see ?!?!!?

11. TrojanX

No, that looks like a lunging punt kick. Very interesting indeed...

12. agios_katastrof

agios_katastrof Well-Known Member

I like the style based naming... I can imagine some of the more common ones...

"LP Whore"
    "P Thrower"
    "PPPK"

/versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

anyway, yeah, this is kick ass news.

13. American_Pai

American_Pai Well-Known Member

Man this sucks. I hate when developers pump up a new game release and it's a fucking lifetime away. Summer 2004? It's not even March yet. Save the sanity of people like me and announce it at a sane time like in May or something.

14. Tsobanian

I hope that it has a new intro as well! /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

15. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

I'd like to see 'final tuned' rendition of Sarah's subway stage from VF3, minus steps but with moving trains. Actually, a stage like that would really suite Goh.

And what're the chances of Taka as an extra character? Probably nill.......but we can live in hope.

16. stalwartsamurai

stalwartsamurai Well-Known Member

I just hope they dont make Sarah look old like Jacky /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif

But its all looking GOOD /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. Tsobanian

Jacky tuned looks like Paul Phoenix from Tekken 4! /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

18. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that the Jacky/Aoi pics aren't the new default character designs, just special new items. "Jacky Tuned" looks like the lead singer of nickleback. This is much manlier than he's ever looked (which still isn't manly, but he's on the right track). I can't wait to see what the other characters look like. Maybe they'll give Akira some personality for a change.

19. ONISTOMPA

ONISTOMPA Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    DRE said:
    Maybe they'll give Akira some personality for a change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awe man how can you say that ? Akira's cool in Evo.