1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF EVO BATTLE:Warriors Unite -The Road to Absolution-18th Dec-21st Dec

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by Tsuujin, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Tsuujin

Tsuujin Well-Known Member

Warriors Unite - The Road to Absolution

Absolution has been pushed back to April, in order for more publicity and notice to players.
    In its place, this tourney will be the biggest tourney before Absolution

Date: Thursday 18th December - Sunday 21st December 2003

Games: Tekken 4, Soul Calibur 2, Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution, Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike, Pro Evolution Soccer 3

General Rules:
    Format: 3rd Strike is arcade, the rest of the games on PS2.
    As usual you can use your own controllers (except programmable controllers), and configure the buttons.
    All fighting games: 60Hz speed
    We'll see if 50Hz is acceptable for Pro Evo 3.
    All games: 4:3 screen ratio (except Soul Calibur 2, which can accept widescreen)

Game Specific rules:
    Tekken 4 will be set to 3 rounds, guard damage disabled.
    VF4 Evolution and SC2 also set to 3 rounds.
    SF3:3rd Strike set to 2 rounds.
    Pro Evo 3 rules TBA
    Tourney format: TBA, but most likely Round Robin groups followed by Single Elimination, i.e. standard.

Host: ullysis (ullysis@ullysis.com)
    Venue: Funland, London Trocadero (see below)

Pro Evolution Soccer 3 might be dropped depending on interest.. but I'm sure if promoted right, it will do well.

Entry Fee:
    £5 for 1 game
    £10 for 3 games
    £15 for all 5 games

Start time: 12PM each day.
    Yes, that's HIGH NOON! Which means some ppl will have to get up on the AM side of the day for once /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Venue: Funland, London Trocadero.
    URLs for venue: http://www.troc.co.uk
    URL for venue map: http://www.londontrocadero.com/contact.html
    Toilets: Yes, but not in the part where the games are. There are free toilets in the Sports Bar on the 2nd floor, and 20p pay toilets in the basement.
    Directions: Go to Picadilly Circus Tube Station (Zone 1, Piccadilly and Bakerloo Lines). One of the exit tunnels will actually lead you into Trocadero (just look for the word Trocadero), so you don't even have to go up to street level.

Once you're inside, it's just a matter of finding Funland, then going up to the 1st Floor.
    The VS City machines are next to some gambling slot machines in a small corner on the first floor, just under double escalators that lead up to the Sports Bar
    The Sports Bar is on the 2nd floor, if that's any help.

If you're coming into Troc from the main entrance, don't take the big escalator in the middle (which will take you to the 2nd floor). Instead take the small escalator on the right (which will take you to the first floor), then look for the games in the corner, under the double escalators on the right.
    Other than that, Trocadero is a big building between Leicester Square and Piccadilly Circus. Pretty hard to miss if you do somehow manage to make it out onto the street or Leicester Square.

Accommodation: I guess I'll have to find some hotels or something. I should have some details within a week. But you'll need to book soon, especially for the Christmas rush!

Feel free to signup or post below.

Ryan

This info is courtesy of Ullysis and Rehan a.k.a dead man inc

2. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Very interesting i'm sure i'll go but i dont remember Trocadero ever having pro evolution 3 on the ps2.

3. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

sounds good I'll be there, but why is vf on ps2 considering they got the cabinets already setup?

4. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

So that everyone can use their own perfect stick and there won't be anymore complaints and excuses from the likes of me /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

5. The_Chef

The_Chef Member

hehe, I was just about to post this
    but it's all good.

3s is the only game in the current lineup which ppl feel is significanty different in the arcade (TTT too if it were there). The other games are deemed to be good conversions on PS2.

Anyway, the original thread is below. I'm gonna cross-link all the threads, so you can check between different games/communities/crews:
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=60938
    And also in the SC2 forums:
    http://www.soulcalibur.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16186
    It's not posted on http://cornertrap.com (UK Street Fighter site) yet, the forums have gone haywire there!

Rehan (Dead Man Inc.)

6. Crazy_Galaxy

Crazy_Galaxy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shoju said:

So that everyone can use their own perfect stick and there won't be anymore complaints and excuses from the likes of me /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

[/ QUOTE ]
    yeah i suppose so, each man's has got his own preference, VF is like a sport so each man need his own equipment/golf club etc.
    Im my opinion though the Arcade is where people should learn to adapt to. Sanwa ownz hori /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

need moar details. So are we playing on the cabinets or the consoles? Where are the consoles gonna be placed? ahhh too many questons...

8. The_Chef

The_Chef Member

well as mentioned above, as it stands right now:
    3rd strike is gonna be played on arcade.
    The other games (this includes VF4 Evo) will be played on PS2 console.You'll have to bring your own pads or sticks.

This could change if more ppl wanna play on arcade version, but so far only 3s will be arcade.

I don't yet know where the consoles will be placed.

Rehan (Dead Man Inc.)

9. stalwartsamurai

stalwartsamurai Well-Known Member

im in Third Strike and VF

Pai~Chun likes this.
  10. The_Chef

The_Chef Member

Update with prizes:

Prizes for each game:
    1st Prize: £100
    2nd Prize: £75
    3rd Prize: £50

I want to allow everyone to bring their own memory cards to save T4 and VF4 matches (but not PES3, it's not about editing your team) if ullysis and the others involved in this tourney agree to it.
    But PLEASE label your memory cards (as well as sticks and pads).. it's not about losing them or getting them mixed up with next manz!!!!

Rehan (Dead Man Inc.)

11. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

sounds good, but i think it needs super turbo as well!:)

12. The_Chef

The_Chef Member

13. Cupcake_Desu

Cupcake_Desu Well-Known Member

o ill try to go, might make it for thursday and sunday not sure about the rest. Better to use PS2s cus this way you don't waste money on credits

14. RandomHajile

RandomHajile Well-Known Member

ill be there on thursday an pos saturday as ive got a wedding an stag do to go to on the friday/sunday! so ill be playing on saturday half drunk! haha

15. The_Chef

The_Chef Member

16. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Why aren't people signing up? It looks bad that VF has only 16 entries, the least number of people for all the games. Only Stalwart and myself from here are on the list at the moment.

17. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

Man I honestly wanted to show up but not having a way to return back until Dec 25th is kind of ruining it... If the Balance Of Judgement takes place somewhere nearer, I'm a go.

18. archangel

huh! sign up where, i didnt know u had to sign up.

19. archangel

Ok i signed up now, i'll try and get some others to sign up for it.

20. _Berserker_

_Berserker_ Well-Known Member

could only turn up for thursday and sunday..... bugger..... /versus/images/graemlins/confused.gif