1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF evolution screen shot

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by 34, Jun 11, 2002.

1. 34

34 Well-Known Member

2. vf4akira

vf4akira Well-Known Member

Kinda sparse on information other than "new stages and new characters".

What interests me are the new modes. There's a mission mode and quest mode. Not sure how these will work, but it seems like they are VF.net additions and therefore will be useless if you can't get on VF.net and be able to use your VF.net card.

The two new chars are:
    Brad Burns (Kickboxer)
    Tsuyoshi(?) (Judo)

There's probably some Jpn board somewhere that has most of the real discussion (ie gameplay).

3. faceless

faceless Member

the 2nd char looks like a cross between bryan fury and toad from xmen movie

4. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

Here's some tidbits from this link (
    http://www.pyrexia.com/vf4/), which pretty much paraphrases what Famitsu said.

New Characters:
    Judo: Not sure -- Himamoru (?) Tsuyoshi... your guess is as good as mine.
    Kick Boxer: Brad Burns

All characters will get loads more items, but will not be changed (IE -- same poly models as current VF4)

All stages 'renewed", such as rain & snow (falling, not just on the ground)

MANY character balance changes (IE -- Ver. D). Moves are changed, motion is a bit different.

Quest Mode: Clear quests, get fight money, buy items (there's already fight money on current VF.net, but gets dull)

Mission Mode: Nuff said.

Also notes that Vanessa is still in the game. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

APPENDAGES:
    16:20:

In terms of motion - all moves are different, to the point of looking like a different game.

Genkyuu (Spheres) are still present in the game, but has loads more items that affect hair, colors, eye color, etc.

Still no word if Ver C cards can be transferred into Evo.

5. hananokeiji

hananokeiji Well-Known Member

judo eh? we probably expect to see a new multithrow character. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

kinda strange that they put a kickboxer in... so no more MT moves for vanessa i guess!

hmmmm. the character with a hood... is he the new kickboxer or Lion with a hood on? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif he kinda reminded me of Jin Kazama from Tekken. lol

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Well according to the pyrexia site....

the moves are executed abt the same way...but the animation is different....Jacky has either a jeet kun do stance OR his moves looks more Jeet kun do ...

Kage has become even tricker...

Goh->judo guy...is apparently a very hard character to use.
    On the other hand...Brad is very popular....

Chibita was also present to test the game n was killing ppl left right n centre /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

Oh...one thing that was mentioned in the url...
    it appears that both players will be able to 'bet' items.
    Player one puts an item out...vice versa for player 2...
    the player that wins the match also wins the opponent's item!
    It could also be a random steal.
    In other words, u can kinda exchange items between two parties. ( THIS IS A GOOD THING)

7. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

I can't say I am not surprised! Even after hearing rumors of this, I kept believing that a new version is possible, but adding 2 new characters was so impossible to me.

The new screens in the Pyrexia link show facelifts to the characters; I like the new Pai, but Akira definetely looked wierd.

If this is going for the X-Box, it's calling for some change of plans. As much as I hate the X-Box, I would consider selling my PS2 and getting one for VF4 (Provided there is a decent Stick coming with it). I would like it on the PS2 though... With faster loading times...

8. GaijinPunch

A nice new look, IMHO.
    They just added that idea about betting items -- good deal. Another kewl idea. Will definitely dig that one. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

9. GaijinPunch

And the next question... how long will it take to get out of Japan. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

10. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Hate the new charas, they look like Tekken rejects .

11. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

>kinda strange that they put a kickboxer in... so no more MT moves for vanessa i guess!

Dude, there's a huge difference between Muay Thai and kickboxing. I doubt she's going to be changed up seriously.

I also agree with Almaci on the new charas. Bleh.

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Check out the rain at Lau's stage!!! aweeeesome!

and..even though the background color changes are like 3tb..I still dig it...

I really dig what I am seeing /versus/images/icons/grin.gif

13. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

Annyplace that has the movies mirrored ?
    They dont work for me .

14. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

wha??? What movies? Where? Which site? TELL ME NOW!

j/k

no, really, I can't find them

15. Fishie

Fishie Well-Known Member

On famitsu .

16. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Hmm, Xbox it seems...

From Planetxbox.com:

" VF4 Evolution Details
    Tuesday, June 11, 08:46 | Talon |
    Sega’s last meeting proved to be very interesting as new installments of Sega Rally, Sonic, and House Of The Dead were confirmed. One of the more elusive titles announced at the meeting was Virtua Fighter Evolution. As part of the Xbox Summer Conference 2002 that’s currently being held in Japan, Sega unveiled new details on Virtua Fighter Evolution, most importantly that it’s coming to Xbox. According to Famitsu the upcoming game will be, at its core, a remix of Virtua Fighter 4 with new gameplay modes, Mission and Quest mode. The game will also show off Go Himori and Brand Brurns, two of the newest characters to grace the Virtua Fighter series. All of this was revealed with screenshots and a movie on the side for good measure.
    While a release date wasn’t announced, seeing as the game wasn’t listed on the updated software page, its unlikely this game will see the light of day before 2003. Stay with us for more news as it develops."

Hmm, I just thought VF4E was being shown at Sega's own show and not MS'...

17. Zero-chan

Re: Hmm, Xbox it seems...

JP websites haven't reported anything regarding VF4E coming to the X-Box. The only confirmed titles from Sega thus far are PSO, Sega GT, and Spikeout X-treme.
    Personally I'm just happy Spikeout's finally coming home. Yee-haw!

18. Akebono

Akebono Well-Known Member

Re: Hmm, Xbox it seems...

Can someone who speaks japanese put a link to the movies if possible

19. Zero-chan

More info...

From Gamespot: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2870257,00.html

With the use of all the VF.net stuff I have my serious doubts about the arcade version coming to the west.

Also, there's a movie here you can DL but you have to be a paid member. Does a subscriber want to be kind enough to DL the movie and share?

20. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Re: More info...

Himamoru is one ugly bastard, and Brad Burns looks more realistic than anyone else in Virtua Fighter 4. I personally would like to try Burns, is he Muay Thai or Kickboxing?

No, planetxbox.com does not state that VF4:Evolution is coming to Xbox. It says nothing about an Xbox version.