1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF evolution screen shot

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by 34, Jun 11, 2002.

1. BryanFury

BryanFury New Member

IMHO, the two new characters isn't just there of a "just-because-we-need-an alternate-persona" which was adopted in the early Tekken series. As you all know every new character brings in a new property into the gamepaly mix. Well, its been high time that a counter-throw within a throw reversal animation was employed in VF. Realisticly speaking, you just dont just get out of a throw when someone wants to throw you, you set him up for a throw of your own, which is just how a judoist like the new guy should do. Anyway, i agree that there are better alternatives to the new characters looks, but hey, we palyers are what makes them cool anyway so it really doesnt matter much in the long run.
    Also, looking at that kickboxer's stance kinda gives me a dejavu on a certain dead or alive character with exactly the same stance, but so what. VF and other fighting games are just dipping in a small martial arts pool, similarites are just bound to happen anyway sooner or later.
    All in all, I believe in the guys in AM2 for the thoroughness of their research on the martial arts they put in the mix relative to the current gamepaly properties and balance, so whatever these two are, however they may look by default, i think they'll be promising enough for us to invest on them.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: Crosspost: VF4evo news

Summah, why don't you post a translation of all that kickass info on pyrexia's page? /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

I'd settle for a devilrei/0034/spotlight/anyone translation too.