1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF: Final Tuned info

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Pai_Garu, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

I guess it's time that we can start a real thread about VF:FT since bits and pieces of real info are beginning to trickle out. Here's what we know so far.

-New Challenge mode for 1 player
    -Improved AI
    -New 'nick name' addition aside from rank which is determine by the cpu based on analysis of your play style. One of the examples given was "Iron Wall."
    -New items and new moves will be added for all characters.
    -Existing moves will be adjusted or changed to address balancing issues.
    -Existing VF.net data will be able to be imported for use with the new version.

Here are some of the new moves seen so far.
    Lau's [8]([7][9])[P] will now be a 2 hit combination attack.
    Jacky will now have a 2 level air kick attack. Maybe similar to Akira's [6][6][K][K].
    Kage will have added number of attacks after [6][2][3][P]. (Maybe more kicks after the initial uppercut)
    Brad will now be able to sabaki from his ducking motions.

So so far it seems like many of the issues with Evo will be addressed with the new version. (Brad player should be rejoicing right now.) Other sources I've came across said there will be new characters introduced; however, I've yet to see concrete info about that. We should be able to see the new footage soon as AOU is going on right now. I'll update with more info as I come across them.

2. Pai_Garu

I got some new info on move changes.

Akira
    There is a new motion for his [P][K], the combo shown is crumple -> [P][K] -> byakko

Jacky
    After his new two level kick, you can combo it with [K][P][K]. It's used for air combos. (If I got this correct)

Lau
    A backturned elbow hit throw is added.?
    A throw where Lau spins himself?
    (These two i'm not sure about cause the terminology used is foreign to me..)

Brad
    Some info is posted, but I'm not sure what i means.
    It says from ducking body * 3 (??) I think ducking is made to be much faster now. Maybe that means 3 times faster? Also, from the new sabakis from ducking, you can combo.

Wolf
    I think it seems as if wolf has new reversal that will catch people to put them into suplex. Maybe from his raw stance. I'm assuming this will be similar to reversals in WWE games.
    (Update) It seems now you can go for back throw after a move that looks like the screw lariat...

Kage
    Jumonji -> mid kick reversal -> dash -> [6][2][3][P]+[K] combo with new added kicks after the uppercut.

Apparently the person who wrote these observation aren't so sure with some of the details. I translated these the best I can.

3. KTallguy

KTallguy Well-Known Member

Nice stuff man.

I hope my japanese eventually gets good enough so I can actually translate game terms... =P

4. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    hey srider

If you care to post where you're getting this info from, maybe more people with foreign language skills can help fill in some of the blanks you've mentioned?

Spotlite

5. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

One of the examples given was "Iron Wall."

Sounds like Segaru! I hope they keep the connotations of the terminology used positive...

6. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/KiwE (Happy as a squirrilell with a Coconut at this point).

7. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

I wonder if the new [P][K] animation for Akira has new properties as well?

Also, where is the new Lei-Fei stuff? Bring on more Fei Randomness /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

I am also happy about Brad's sabakis, even though I don't play him. I like Sabakis as long as they are not Vanessa's (J/K /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif).

8. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

All in all, I am not getting that excited. This upgrade sounds like it pales in comparison with Evo. No new characters, no MAJOR additions, just a bunch of tweaks. They should make this downloadable or offer a free trade in to get this on the home systems.

9. Pai_Garu

10. Kousotsu

Kousotsu Well-Known Member

Are there going to be any new stages!

11. Pai_Garu

Just a little more tidbits of info...

Some posts suggest that the number of item attachment points will be increased.

The new items shown
    Wolf - American football helmet
    Akira - Kendo mask
    Aoi - Short hair (like the picture on the front page)
    Pai - Ponytail
    Jacky - "Last Samurai" hair (like the picture on the front page)

Some clarifications
    Lau indeed has a new back turned hit throw, similar to Shun's.
    The new throw is similar in motion to pai's 270 throw, the opponent spin in the air.
    Jacky's new two hit air kick attack is similar to Law's attack in tekken4.

Some non gameplay related info.
    The new FT games will be compatible with Edy. It's essentially a new way of paying for your game, similar to an electronic wallet. So the players won't have to put in coins to play in future, they can just insert their vf.net cards and pay automatically. (Seems like a good way to spend all your money without realizing it... /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif)

Info is coming in at a very slow rate... I'll do my best to get more info as they come.

12. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    About Akira's new P,K (from the VF4 BBS Srider linked to):

in Aki's new PK, K has changed, the kick now comes from low and goes up, said it looks like Lei's K. So, I imagine that after a KD, PK's K pops them up, then DblPm.

Hmmm...

SDE- PK- DLC?
    SDE- PK- AS3?
    SDE- PK- DJK?

most of the other info Srider has translated
    Spotlite

13. supergolden

supergolden Well-Known Member Content Mgr El Blaze

Thanks Srider & everyone for posting the information here /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    Keep it coming!

-Alex

14. BMF

BMF Well-Known Member

Yeah guys, all the info is very appreciated.

15. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

how much is it going to be in North America? If its for full price, i dunno if im gonna get it...

(BMF, nice sig btw lol =P)

16. Dark_Bandana

Dark_Bandana Well-Known Member

Final Tuned will also have a new "Challenge" game mode, seemingly similar to the Weapon Master mode in Soul Calibur II, where solo players have to fight through a series of missions with special conditions. Progress through the single-player game -- which is saved, as always, on a magnetic VF.NET card -- now grants players a series of nicknames or titles, reflecting a user's style and level of skill.

well, maybe they will add status bonus to Items, or they will just include new ways of getting them, the only thing concerning me is that if they do make the game on missions, it might be too easy, hopefully they know what they're doing and won't make things too easy or short. BTW I think that they will add a few twists to the items because too many people have been sasking for it, it will me similar to Gunbound if they do, thats just me tough.

17. MAXIMUM

MAXIMUM Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see if they'll push the graphics a little further in FT. The Naomi 2 board produces some of the best visuals I've ever seen in the arcades, much more vibrant and sharp than the Chichiro board.

18. Pai_Garu

I posted the footage up in the media section. Enjoy!

Link
    /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

19. Aeon

Aeon Well-Known Member

Outstanding. Excited all over again... 'cept i probably gotta wait til 2005 for the console port.

20. FatalRose

FatalRose Well-Known Member

i just watched the vid. Jacky's new move looks awsome. damn i want this game.