1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF: Final Tuned info

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Pai_Garu, Feb 20, 2004.

1. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

Re: VF: Final Tuned Water Torture

looks like a sabaki kind of move, although sega dont really like to take the obvious to mind when they should. i guess it seems better than his bokutai K atleast.

2. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

that move reminds me of SF 3rd strike with one of the chinese character brother who has the exact same move. And also the Chinese old man from Alpha series.

3. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant

Gen's f,qcf +k with gen in kkk stance i think was the first time it appeared in street fighter

4. GKaizerZero

GKaizerZero Well-Known Member

you mean the guy who i use for my avatar, Yun. his bro's name is Yang btw. and yeah that's what it reminded me of too.

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

no, sorry, it looks like a move that accomplishes the exact same thing..even worse, it looks like Lin-xuah's move from when she is in phoenix stance.

6. Makatiel

Makatiel Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Shadowdean said:

no, sorry, it looks like a move that accomplishes the exact same thing..even worse, it looks like Lin-xuah's move from when she is in phoenix stance.

[/ QUOTE ]

it accomplishes the exact same thing as what? i couldnt tell exactly from the context of your post.

in any case, i thought lion's [1][K] was a low. if that kick is a mid / high then it doesnt accomplish the same thing anymore does it?

that kick move has shown up in a lot of games for characters that use similar styles respectively to both lei-fei and lion. yun and sie both use that kick and they are closer to lei, whereas gen who also uses that kick, is closer to lion.

7. Cuz

Cuz Well-Known Member

My guess is that Lei will be able to go from bokutai to his Falling Sweep combo ( [3][3][K]+[G] ). Or do this "Cannon Kick" type move instead. If you look at the first few frames after the bokutai, it looks particularly similar to the first few frames of the Falling Sweep animation.

If so it could be interesting.
    Cuz

8. _stroppa_

_stroppa_ Well-Known Member

Bradley Burns is up.

Can't remember if that was on the initial video released, but it looks quite good. Slip back, forwards, [P],[P],[K],[K] by the looks of it. Guaranteed pounce?

9. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

:cry:

Just let it work on mC (combo garanteed) as 90% of hits from slipback [P] are mC. But if it does it almost feels overpowered, specially if it's with a garanteed punch (it will work similar to Aoi's [4][4][P]+[K] then I guess).

/KiwE

10. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Re: :cry:

I don't think that string is going to be completely garunteed in any situation whatsoever.

Also it definitely looks like a free punce afterwards, unless he recovers really slow.

11. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

12. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Ok Guys, I don't know about you but I feel that all of the new clips of moves are just pure Tekken Gayness. /versus/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Oh well, as long as they don't make Akira play like a pussy, I don't care. I guess this is unavoidable to get more main stream ppl to play. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

13. Siyko

Siyko Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    maddy said:

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

i count 2 frames of execution and conclude that brad will, without a doubt, be completely broken in Final Tuned

Seriously, though, this definetly does seem to be just an attempt to get more people on the 'flashy' front. I trust they'll be doing plenty of tweaking and balancing that is of very little interest to the casual fan.

14. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Tekken gayness. Brad Broken. Wtf?

Upon looking abit further on the clip it appears that Brad does a small ducking after the backslip while going forward (prob avoiding high). On the move itself it could go many ways. Maybe not garanteed on MC or mC but a slip / something possible after the initial 2 first punches? Also; the intial punch isn't the same as slipback punch is now and so it probably doesn't have the same function (the small ducking forward prior to the punch leads me to think this new attack is slower aswell).

/KiwE

15. Shadowdean

I dunno what to make of this..what will the damage be..is it all guaranteed? I actually think Brad needs more kick and punch strings..for fuck sakes he is a mua thai guy...they don't just sit and throw one attack, wait, and throw another..they peck to set up combinations. I really would like to see kick to knee combinations. Thai boxing does not really use a lot of punches, elbows replace hooks and knees and elbows replace the upper cut. They jab with the low front leg round house...so lets give him kick to knee/elbow combinations...

16. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

It just looks like a [P][P][K][K] combo to me after ducking. First 3 hits look canned with the last hit being maybe half or full circular mid that's med to large dis adv on block.

17. DanniBoySmith

DanniBoySmith Well-Known Member

vanessa's new skill just got put up. its a new throw from OS. looks pretty damn wicked too. it looks more or less like a normal throw but the slight ducking animation before she initiates it could mean there's something more to the move. however i'm probably just looking too much into it and the slight ducking stuff was probably nothing more then a crouch dash (perhaps the throw is taking the place of her current OS [3][3]+[P]+[G] throw).

wishful thinking but i think it might have been cooler if she actually recovered BT from the throw. that would have been a great way to setup her wall attacks and maybe a BT big pounce in case the opponent stayed down after the throw /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif. anyway we'll see whats up once the game is out /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

18. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

mmm

Next one is Goh. G'damn I've waited for Goh to be up there. Go go Sega Calender of Torture.

/KiwE

19. Shoju

Shoju Well-Known Member

Re: mmm

They don't show much on that site do they? No info just a little demo of a character doing just 1 new move. And they get revealed 1 by 1 with a gap of a WEEK between them.

Im also interested to see what they do with Goh since he wasn't on the FT demo footage but they'll probabley just show an altered throw animation and keep everything else hidden.

20. Shadowdean

Sorry, throw looks like garbage and completely misplaced..looks like some shit that lei fei would do...not a simple, realistic throw that would be more in the vein of vanessa's NHB stylings. I do hope the new skill reveled will not be the only updates final tuned has to offer... /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif