1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF Glossary

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Crew Wolf, Oct 25, 2001.

1. Crew Wolf

Crew Wolf Active Member

I was hoping to get a list of common terms used for VF4. I'm familiar with most of the terms form 3, i.e. uramawari, yomi, okizeme, etc. But new terms, such as sabaki, there was another one, but I can't find the post, something similar to senbon punches from VF2. Anyway, this'll be a nice thread to 'favorite' when I come across stuff I've forgotten or never learned at all.

Ultimately, we're all dead men, sadly we cannot choose how, BUT we can decide how we meet that end in order that we are remembered as men.

2. kbcat

kbcat Well-Known Member

I believe GLC has a terminology FAQ. Check out his website.

cheers,
    kbcat

3. GLC

GLC Well-Known Member

It's not a terminology doc, it's an abbreviation guide BUT... I've planning to write a terms/jargon guide for a long time - I'll do one if there's need. So, what do you say people?

<font color=orange>I probably hate you.</font color=orange> /versus/images/icons/mad.gif

4. capercat

capercat Well-Known Member

well it would of course be a big help to myself and all other newcomers. a sticky thread may suffice, with a quick glossary and a few of the most common acronyms, with the abbreviation guide picking up the slack.

5. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Go for it! I terms/jargon guide would be excellent. Heck, I didn't even know what Senbon Nokku was until a couple days ago...

-Chanchai

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

It's nowhere near complete, but a basic guide is at http://www.hardcoregaming.com/vf3/vfjar1.htm
    if the original poster wants to catch up. This guide also has some really obscure RGVA references like the "tip tip tip" combo.

/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>~~~ Don't make me rape you with a sharp stick ~~~/versus/images/icons/mad.gif<font color=red>